PDA

View Full Version : kamusta

paul mojave
29th July 2009, 20:48
hi im paul and new 2 the site,i hve a filipna gurlfriend here in uk.she came here b4 we met and is on a student working visa. im looking 4 advice on marrying aft her visa is expired! would love 2 hear frm anyone who can gve me useful advice.

Sophie
29th July 2009, 20:58
welcome to the forum paul :Hellooo::Hellooo:

Jay&Zobel
29th July 2009, 20:59
hi im paul and new 2 the site,i hve a filipna gurlfriend here in uk.she came here b4 we met and is on a student working visa. im looking 4 advice on marrying aft her visa is expired! would love 2 hear frm anyone who can gve me useful advice.

Welcome here Paul. With regards to your query, she needs to go back in the PI and re-apply for another visa called: Fiancee visa (if you are intending to marry her here in the UK within 6mos) or Spouse visa if you will marry her in the PI.

A friendly advice:
Just be very careful as some are using Brits as their passport to UK.

aromulus
29th July 2009, 21:09

Eventually before the expiry of her visa, she will travel back home.
So she won't be classed as an overstayer, thus making things near enough impossible for a fiancee or settlement visa.

Ideally, you should visit her a couple of times, and collect any hotel receipts, plane tickets, boarding card stubs, chat logs, phone cards, etc. Stuff which will come useful together with photos of you together and with her family once the application time arrives.

The best of both worlds would be to marry her there in Philly.
Various reasons for this.
1 - Family. Pinays are very attached to their roots
2 - Big family wedding means lots of pride
3 - Heck of a lot cheaper overthere, even including flights, hotels, trips, kitchen sinks and carabaos'r us.....
3 - Saves 1 lot of visa fees (around £500)

Lots of plusses and no minuses.

You will find that the vast majority of the members here do agree with me.
Also visit Peters website, a mine of information on everything.

http://www.british-filipino.com/

Good luck

darren-b
29th July 2009, 22:12
As she is already in the UK you do have another option.

Apply for a COA (Certificate of Approval) which will allow you to get married in the UK. She will then be able to extend her visa as a spouse of a British citizen. There will be no need for her to return to the Philippines (unless she wants to of course).

This needs to be done before her student vsa expires.

LEAHnew
29th July 2009, 22:24
Welcome to the forum Paul..Goodluck:Hellooo::Hellooo:

LastViking
29th July 2009, 22:45
Welcome Paul

tiN
29th July 2009, 23:05
welcome welcome :Hellooo:

Ji&Ma
30th July 2009, 00:49
:Hellooo: Hi Paul, welcome in here! :Hellooo:
I'm sure you will find answers to your questions in here.
Good luck to you both:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th July 2009, 02:16
:Hellooo: Welcome, Paul; best of luck with your plans. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

New Shoes
30th July 2009, 09:04
Hiya.
I just want to add my welcome to the rest of the replies;.

MarBell379
30th July 2009, 10:28
Welcome here:)
As Darren-b says, you can get married here once you have approval, but you're going to need to do this BEFORE her student Visa expires. If she overstays it will cause BIG problems and take a loooooong time to sort out, putting a huge strain on the relationship and making things very difficult.

Good luck !

Ana_may365
30th July 2009, 10:29
:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:welcome aboard,PAUL:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

trader dave
30th July 2009, 15:18
certificate of approval :Erm::Erm: i have never of that one but nevermind just as others have said save lots of money get the rules sorted before you are married :xxgrinning--00xx3: you dont to find out that you are going to support a family of 50:Bolt: once you are married:doh:NoNo:

and to be quite honest i would meet a few filipina's before i married one :Hellooo::Hellooo: