PDA

View Full Version : Italian thief thanks police for rescuing him from his victims

LadyJ
3rd August 2009, 21:55
An Italian thief thanked police officers for arresting him and putting an end to a beating from Korean tourists whom he had robbed in Rome, police said on Monday. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
A man dressed up as an ancient Roman soldier poses in front of Rome's Theater of …More Enlarge photo

"I must thank you, they were massacring me," the 48-year-old criminal told police after he was arrested near the Theatre of Marcellus, one of the monuments in Rome's historic centre.

The thief, from the northern region of Liguria, stole a handbag from a Korean family when they were not paying attention. He threatened the family with a knife when he was spotted and then tried to flee.

Two men from the family, in their twenties, chased him for several hundred metres before they got him down with taekwondo moves. They disarmed the thief and continued to beat him.

A patrolling police officer intervened, separated the three and arrested the thief immediately.

"Normally tourists will just call us and report the incidents," the officer said. "In this case, the two got really excited and could have seriously injured the thief."

The young Koreans left after they got the handbag back. The thief was transferred to a prison in Rome and will face robbery charges.

Armed robbery in Rome experienced a sharp decline last year with 4,246 cases reported in 2008 compared with 5,133 in 2007.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090803/tod-italian-thief-thanks-police-for-resc-879dccc.html

:icon_lol::icon_lol:I love this story!:icon_lol::icon_lol:

aromulus
3rd August 2009, 22:03
The thief, from the northern region of Liguria,

True Romans (like me) always advocated to build a Berlin style wall to enclose Latium in its entirety, and have machine gun posts and minefields around the perimeter, to deter pseudo Italians from the north or the south to enter with impunity and cause trouble.

KeithD
3rd August 2009, 22:05
3 Months later:
Korean Family Sentenced to Life for Assaulting an Italian

:rolleyes:

Florge
4th August 2009, 05:25
LOL... I like it... taekwondo moves eh... they're lucky he just had a knife...

beppe
4th August 2009, 07:06
True Romans (like me) always advocated to build a Berlin style wall to enclose Latium in its entirety, and have machine gun posts and minefields around the perimeter, to deter pseudo Italians from the north or the south to enter with impunity and cause trouble.

There was a papal state when our capital was Vienna, times have changed ...

MarBell379
4th August 2009, 09:12
Note to self - learn martial art before travelling to italy.

Second note - Don't pick on Koreans:icon_lol:

Dedworth
4th August 2009, 17:38
Well done the Koreans for dishing it out :xxgrinning--00xx3:. I love it when the criminal vermin get some stick :BouncyHappy:

aromulus
4th August 2009, 18:45
our capital was Vienna, ...

An Austro-Hungarian Imperialist!?????!:omg:

A morte...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D