PDA

View Full Version : Mri

GaryFifer
4th August 2009, 00:33
Is it me or are these things make me feel nervous. Feels like someones going to fire me out of a cannon. It reminds me of a submarine. They said, I can bring my own CD. Perhaps I should bring Queen. Don't Stop me Now.

Happy_Now
4th August 2009, 02:37
Is it me or are these things make me feel nervous. Feels like someones going to fire me out of a cannon. It reminds me of a submarine. They said, I can bring my own CD. Perhaps I should bring Queen. Don't Stop me Now.

Hi gary2jessica,
You'll be fine, nothing to worry:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
My hubby been to MRI 5 times and for more soon to check if brain tomour is still there or gone:NoNo::NoNo:.
Not very long, and there is music to listen to.
I will pray that your MRI result will be fine:cwm38::cwm38::cwm38:
Good luck love:ARsurrender:

trader dave
4th August 2009, 05:37
nothing to worry about i had many scans last year just gave me a warm sensation like you had peed yourself :icon_lol::icon_lol: or was i just thinking of my wife:Erm::Erm::yikes:

KeithD
4th August 2009, 09:05
Just be glad they don't do it with x-rays, or everything would drop-off a week later!

IainBusby
5th August 2009, 09:55
I had 2 MRI scans because of an eye condition and I thought it was a horrible experience. My head was firmly fixed inside a cage with something or other wedged down the sides to shield my ears from the noise and keep my head absolutely still. After the first sounds, that sounded like a jackhammer, finished after a few minutes, I thought, there you go, that wasn't so bad was it.

Unfortunately the noises started again and went on and on for about 20 to 30 minutes with varying frequencies of sounds and beeps. Then at last there was silence and the table slid back out of the tunnell. That's it then I thought, but it was not to be. A nurse then appeared, gave me an injection and left the room again.

The table then slid back into the tunnell and the whole exercise was repeated again........ aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhhh. :NoNo::Cuckoo::NoNo:

I did have another MRI scan on my knee which was OK really. Only the lower half of my body was inside the tunnell and I just lay there listening to music on the headphones, I didn't even notice how long it took to complete that one.

Iain.

Mrs Daddy
5th August 2009, 10:07
you`ll be alright dont worry too much:)

KeithD
5th August 2009, 11:07
you`ll be alright dont worry too much:)
That's what the Doc said to Jacko on his last night :omg:

Jay&Zobel
5th August 2009, 13:16
I had 3 MRI sessions when I had my stroke in 2007, I nearly felt asleep because of the calm music.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= The sounds are a bit like Buses & Trains beeping.

GaryFifer
6th August 2009, 19:19
Thanks for the well wishing everyone. But my mahal is feeling tampo about HappyNow calling me love. I am just try to explain it does not mean anything. But women make minds up.

The MRI took about 45 minutes, I was getting my lumber spine done, so they I gave them my Queen greatest hits CD. It had playing long time. I mean they got to SAVE ME. So I was thinking it would be over at Another one bites the dust. Anyways, it feels better when you listening to music. This machine had a small fan at the top, which I asked him to switch on. It does get hot inside for a long time. I advise anyone wet your whistle before going in,and if you are not relaxed,it will feel bad. Meditation would be handy :)