PDA

View Full Version : ...And folk complain about Microsoft!

KeithD
4th August 2009, 10:15
http://www.v3.co.uk/v3/news/2247197/apple-tries-gagging-orders

:NoNo: Sue them.

GaryFifer
4th August 2009, 10:26
Wow this seems to be no joke. I am glad I just have a tape player. Who needs to carry around their entire record collection anyway?

Heres another piece of news (http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/22938/ipod-touch-explodes-pocket-melts-pants.phtml)

bornatbirth
4th August 2009, 10:33
isnt that how big business works?

KeithD
4th August 2009, 10:34
They had problems with exploding batteries in the Mac about 4 years ago and spent $$$Millions on the recall.

This is what happens when a company under pressure rushes out technology with out full safety checks.

LEAHnew
4th August 2009, 10:47
:omg: so we must be careful to our gadget:doh

:Erm:reminds me about an email not to use mobile while charging:Erm: it might explode in your hand:Erm: does anyone receive like this?:doh

Northerner
4th August 2009, 12:42
I bought an Ipod a year ago and never again! There are times when it corrumpts the files and distorts the sound, even the songs I bought :Erm: So clearly it is a fault..

Plus I had a simple issue last week with itunes customer service. A song from an album did not download and was a corrupted file so could not download. After the hour or so it took me to figure out how to contact them, my initial reply was to tell me that they are not refunding me for the album.. Despite my comment clearly stating for either the song or a credit for another song. Took another one of their agents to sort me out with a credit for a simple song... :Brick:

Plus, I want an mp3 player that supports FLAC files :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
4th August 2009, 12:45
An exploding Ipod sounds like one of the gadgets Q would give Bond for his next mission :icon_lol:

IainBusby
4th August 2009, 12:45
Because they actually tried to gag them they should now try to publicise the whole affair as much as possible.

It kind of reminds of the previously unknown Canadian country and western singer who wrote a song about United Airlines after they broke his guitar and then tried every which way to get out of paying for the damage. He put the song on YouTube which caused them a lot of embarrassment and probably lost them a lot of custom.

Besides from embarrassing United Airlines it also seems to have given his singing career quite a boost.

People Power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

Iain.

KeithD
4th August 2009, 12:46
You can get devices on Ebay for a fiver that are just as good.

GaryFifer
4th August 2009, 15:47
You mean record players? Those are better. Besides compression technology makes the sound quality bad.

KeithD
4th August 2009, 16:00
You mean record players? Those are better. Besides compression technology makes the sound quality bad.
Depends on the compression technique and amout of compression. Done correctly is will not sound worse than normal.

Dedworth
4th August 2009, 17:35
You can get devices on Ebay for a fiver that are just as good.

Agreed a couple of years back I bought a Aigo MP4 player for less than £10, did me fine until a few months ago when I got a Blackberry which is great for MP3's but I've still to get around as to how to store videos. I think Ipods are overated and overpriced.

I read the iPod article in the Mail earlier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203912/Family-offered-refund-exploding-iPod--signed-gagging-order.html?ITO=1490

sounds like it' might be similar to the dodgy lithium ion batteries in laptops a year or so back.

I'm happy to avoid anything made by Apple

subseastu
5th August 2009, 00:59
Apple have done an excellent job of gaining a majority share in the portable music industry. I personably believe that the majority of apple products are over priced, badly manufactured, tat.

I've always had sony mp3 players myself and even after 7 years I'm still on the same one. I read in an article a while back that ipods are only designed to last for 12 months. This then forces the buyer who has been blinded by cool adverts, the media and general sheep mentality to go and buy another one without raising the question of "why after 12 months has my ipod classic of 180 quid / touch for 250 or i phone for 400 quid just stopped working / corrupted my music / blown up!!!! Also what other company can knock out a product that after 6 months they announce is below par and release an updated version with twice the capacity and half the price?! Its a wonder apple haven't been brought to task about all this before. Welcome to the blind consumer generation.

I personally refuse to be a slave to the apple machine. Thats my consumer rant over with and now some amusing vegtables in the shape of genitals

KeithD
5th August 2009, 08:56
I personally refuse to be a slave to the apple machine. Thats my consumer rant over with and now some amusing vegtables in the shape of genitals
:Erm: Do you work for Microsoft? :icon_lol:

somebody
5th August 2009, 12:01
No great fan of Microsoft or apple neither Google how do you think they get where they are.

Apple no they in big problems i mean fancy having a bulit in battery in a device. Nearly any other company could ask the customer to swap over the battery with one sent to them or collected by the end user. But apple cant so the cost sprial.

Like Mr admin says big rush to bulid market share without stoping to think about h&s and of course the needs of the customer.

Also do Iphone users and those of ms and apples OS plus many well know applications realise they dont actually own the software or the device. A tad complicated to go into but you merely pay for the right to use! But who reads the EULA.

Heres a few more on the iphone but if you had a quick search on the interweb many of the EULAs for major products have been read though on your behalf.

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/octavius/hands-up-who-actually-read-their-eula-when-they-bought-their-iphone-20649

subseastu
6th August 2009, 01:32
:Erm: Do you work for Microsoft? :icon_lol:

Eeerrr no just tend to get worked up about certain things. Corparations misleading the public with over priced badly made crap happen to be in my top 3 gripes.

The other two before you ask as I know you're all interested are,

Cold calling on the phone especailly when they don't even get your name right. Might as lump help line call centers in with that as well with their general level of incompetence.

Landlords who can't keep a good pint all year round. Its your job, cleans your pipes or something!!!!

All important stuff I'm sure you'll agree