PDA

View Full Version : Please advice how about driving license..

pocahontas
9th August 2009, 17:14
hi to all filipino forum here and beloved husbands here... can you please give me advice of what should i do to get a permit to drive here in uk? is international license allow you here to drive or is it possible to get a uk driving license here?? how??

All the information would really appreciate...SALAMAT KABAYAN..in advance..

Cheers
pocahontas:)

Mrs Daddy
9th August 2009, 17:25
I am not sure about International license though.But if you want to have a driving licence/Probational license all you have to do is to get an application form from the post office and fill it up all the details are there and send it to the address stated (DVLA).

Jem
9th August 2009, 18:38
Im sure i read somewhere here on the forum that if you have a Phils drivers license its valid here in the UK for 1 year and then within that time you have to pass a UK Driving test?

kimmi
9th August 2009, 19:22
hi to all filipino forum here and beloved husbands here... can you please give me advice of what should i do to get a permit to drive here in uk? is international license allow you here to drive or is it possible to get a uk driving license here?? how??

All the information would really appreciate...SALAMAT KABAYAN..in advance..

Cheers
pocahontas:)

hi Pocahontas,

If u have been driving to the Phils before, yes u can change ur license to International license and it is valid for 1 year then after that u still have to pass the theory/hazard test and the practical test.

And if this is the first time ever u are going to drive, u need to apply for a provisionary driving license at DVLA.. u can check their website for more information..

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/index.htm

hope it helps..goodluck..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

pocahontas
10th August 2009, 15:21
MANY thanks again for taking time to read and giving me helpfull idea... its for sure will lead me in the things i want to settle...till next help and advice forum hope you all guys will continue to support those questions and seek advice of other fellow people who using this forum....

Best Regards,
POCAHONTAS..:)