PDA

View Full Version : baby shower

scott&ligaya
10th August 2009, 13:26
At the weekend we held a small party for friends the purpose of which was to share the joy of the imminent arrival of our 2nd baby (about 8 weeks). this seems to be an American tradition picked up the Filipinos. I was a little uneasy about "celebrating" before the birth and discussed with the other non filipinos there (Iain Busby, Paul and Chris(leahnews intended) plus a couple of non forum Brits) and we all wll felt that this was tempting fate in some way. With the strong beliefs in the Philipinnes I am surprised that this type of party caught on. In any event it was fun (Louella do you still have the baby bottle!) and I have never seen so much pink with the gifts we received. Thanks to all

Louella
10th August 2009, 15:41
Hi Joy & Scott!
i don't know where's the baby bottle now:D but for sure we did have a great time there!!! I never thought i will win in the game ( at first i feel really embarass to be in that bottle-sucking game!) but when i won, i was jumping! It was fun! Take care & see you guys!

Louella

KeithD
10th August 2009, 15:43
Last time I was at a baby shower we all threw our car keys in a bowl, mixed them up, then took a random one out.....then took home someone else's baby :xxgrinning--00xx3: ........that was 19 years ago.....still haven't took the bugger back :rolleyes:

Mrs Daddy
10th August 2009, 15:43
sounds like you all having fun:)that`s nice:D

LEAHnew
10th August 2009, 17:05
At the weekend we held a small party for friends the purpose of which was to share the joy of the imminent arrival of our 2nd baby (about 8 weeks). this seems to be an American tradition picked up the Filipinos. I was a little uneasy about "celebrating" before the birth and discussed with the other non filipinos there (Iain Busby, Paul and Chris(leahnews intended) plus a couple of non forum Brits) and we all wll felt that this was tempting fate in some way. With the strong beliefs in the Philipinnes I am surprised that this type of party caught on. In any event it was fun (Louella do you still have the baby bottle!) and I have never seen so much pink with the gifts we received. Thanks to all

Let's hope it's not a Boy after all!:yikes::D:icon_lol::Rasp:

We had fun:BouncyHappy: and enjoyed the take away food:D. Thanks and see you again.....:rolleyes::xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo::Hellooo:

p.s
please tell Joy to check her email add I'm gonna send pics now.

:Erm: I'm still thinking how to insert image here:Erm::Help1: