PDA

View Full Version : advice from the beginning of uk male and filipino girl friend relationship

imagine
11th August 2009, 15:23
:Hellooo:hi, everyone, im stewart, i live in aberdeenshire, i work as a fitter for a window blind company, im 55 years old male and single, i have stumbled on his site in my search to find answers regarding my beginning of a relationship with a filipino girl friend as yet remains online only, soon to meet, and hope this will lead to being together,here in uk,i hope there is someone here can give me good advice, before i go stumbling blindly into this,

thanks
stewart ,

Sun Shine
11th August 2009, 15:30
Hiya Stewart :Hellooo:

Welcome to the forum. We are all friendly here and there is a wealth of information. The easiest thing to do is search on a couple of keywords and all the posts containing those words will come up.

Good luck in your new relationship.
Sun. :)

IainBusby
11th August 2009, 15:32
:Hellooo:hi, everyone, im stewart, i live in aberdeenshire, i work as a fitter for a window blind company, im 55 years old male and single, i have stumbled on his site in my search to find answers regarding my beginning of a relationship with a filipino girl friend as yet remains online only, soon to meet, and hope this will lead to being together,here in uk,i hope there is someone here can give me good advice, before i go stumbling blindly into this,

thanks
stewart ,

Hi Stewart,
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place. Most of the blokes on here have been there, done that and bought the tee-shirt.

Cheers,

Iain.

imagine
11th August 2009, 15:37
thank you sun and Iain, nice to meet you

Tawi2
11th August 2009, 15:39
Quite a few Pinays in your neck of the woods,my mate Keith lives in Aberdeen with his wife,been back up there for 4 years I think?:Erm:

aromulus
11th August 2009, 15:41

thanks
stewart ,

Welcome aboard.:Hellooo:

Yes, this site will be a mine of information and help.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

As I don't know, yet, at which stage your LDR is and how is developing I don't really want to say anything.
Let us all have some more details as in how long you have been chatting, how you have met online, Age... etc.

One very important thing to bear in mind for the non-initiated into this kind or relationship, is money... And extreme lack thereof in the Philippines.:NoNo:

Pinays, by far, are the most endearing, loving, beautiful and family orientated women in the world, and deserve respect.

But what you have also to bear in mind, in the early stages is the money grabbers....
We have various thread on the subject of scammers....:NoNo:

But for now, I reckon you will have enough to read and digest with this....
The most self explaining site on Philippines culture of them all, not even the Phil Gov own site is as comprehensive as Peter's.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.british-filipino.com/

Any other questions or worries don't be afraid or shy to post.
But before you do that, please use the search function, because more or less your questions will have been posted by someone else in the same boat.... And answered....:rolleyes:

Again.... Welcome.:Hellooo:

Ladybug_sim
11th August 2009, 15:43
Hi! Welcome to the forum .... :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

pennybarry
11th August 2009, 15:47
Just be cautious to scammers
Don't send money
Careful if she asks money:doh:D

imagine
11th August 2009, 16:20
thank you all, and thanks aromulus, i have been chatting and getting to know my filipino lady from the tagged site, she is 33 years old and works in israel, we have been chatting on skype and msn for almost 2 months now, with scammers in my mind, i began with caution and in my opinion she is totaly genuine, and has never pushed for anything or asked or mentioned money,i have made it quite clear that i do not have lots of mony,infact i would say she very unmaterialistic, and a very lovely personality, she has never mentioned any possibility of comming to uk as my spouse, only that she intends to visit uk with a group of friends possibly this year, i have become very close to her and i do feel love for her, it is myself who has just this past week that i have put to her possibilitys that of what i feel for her and a possible future here with me in uk,i intend to meet her within the next 2 months and as cyprus is close to where she works in israel and also conveiniant for travel myself, this is where i have suggested for a week,perhaps this will be the decider or perhaps we will need more meetings,though i am sure in myself what i want and i feel its right to go for it, but for whatever stumbling blocks may be ahead, idealy a visit to me of up to six months would be ideal to get to know each other in depth, but it seems from what i read that on a visitor visa , she is not allowed to make relationships ? if she did would this go against a future entry to ecome my wife ?
it all seems so complicated, sorry if this info is too long , stewart

mrs traderdave
11th August 2009, 16:22
welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Tawi2
11th August 2009, 16:28
Just be cautious to scammers
Don't send money
Careful if she asks money:doh:D

Lend me a tenner pen?:D

smiler78
11th August 2009, 18:33
Hi Stewart.

Wish you lots of luck with your relationship mate, seems your already thinking with your head which is good, I myself am in the final stages of preparing a fiancee visa for me and my girl Resty, and the best advise I personally can give is to make sure your saving all your chat logs, emails, letters and records of phone calls from now and maintain a steady bank account as best you can because when things get serious and you want her to be here with you the evidence will be so valuable for the application and not only will you need 6 months of bank statements to submit the visa itself and any flights will soon mount up in cost. And I haven't even mentioned the pressures of a long distance relationship. But really I wouldn't change anything she is still the single most amazing thing that's ever happened to my life and everything you go through to be together is really worth it.

Good luck

Carl. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
11th August 2009, 18:50
Hi Stewart,
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place. Most of the blokes on here have been there, done that and bought the tee-shirt.

Cheers,

Iain.

i have at times bought to many t shirts:doh

a quick answer is slow slow quick quick slow :cwm34:

be yourself take your time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aug06_2006
11th August 2009, 21:11
Hello Stewart, welcome to the forum

Northerner
11th August 2009, 21:34
Hi Stewart,

Welcome to the forum :xxgrinning--00xx3: I strongly suggest you get to use the search function for any questions you might have and then any other questions... Just ask!

I am in a similar situation as yourself and have found a lot of info on this site far better than almost anything else on the net! And yes, be mindful of scammers but do not let the thought of them put you off this girl. Just listen to your heart as well as your head!

And good luck!:)

lizaphil
11th August 2009, 21:50

thanks
stewart ,

hello stewart
and welcome here:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Sophie
11th August 2009, 23:47
welcome here stewart and all the best on your recent relationship :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eagles
12th August 2009, 03:55
israel... Is your girl working there? Just be careful though...

Alan
12th August 2009, 10:56
Mabuhay Stewart. (Right, that's my Filipino vocabulary used up!)

Don't worry about the length of your posts - just chat away. Hope you find the info you require here. You will CERTAINLY find friends.

Al.:)

jam07
12th August 2009, 19:23

thanks
stewart ,

Hi Stewart and welcome to the form! :) :Hellooo:

Dont hesitate to ask any questions you have in mind here. Its definite that you will get lots of responses that will help you through your relationship with a filipina. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck! :)

aposhark
12th August 2009, 22:45

thanks
stewart ,

Hi Stewart,
Watch out with the money.
IMHO, don't go overboard with the money you give her.
If she is from the province she will have a different set of values than the city girls.
Get to know her first before commiting yourself to any regular financial commitment.
Keep all flight e-tickets and boarding passes.
Keep your hotel receipts, and take photos and put trip 1 etc.
Keep a diary of your adventure.
Hopefully it will be a pleasant and rewarding one.
Best of luck and enjoy the lovely ways a Filipina can make you feel :D

fhara
13th August 2009, 16:41
hi imagine were from aberdeenshire also...good luck

imagine
14th August 2009, 07:41
hi eagles, yes my lady she works in israel,10 years now,

imagine
14th August 2009, 07:45
hi eagles, yes my lady she works in israel, for 10 years now

acs
14th August 2009, 08:14
:Hellooo: welcome to the forum...valuable advices and information here...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

NtoN
14th August 2009, 17:04
Welcome to the forum Stewart! Here's to wish you good luck on your relationship. Document all forms of communication as these form an important role when applying for a visa. Is it safe for me to say that you are still in the know each other stage? Just like some members' advice here, i agree on them with regards to the money aspect. This is not to discourage you. Hope to hear a happy story soon....All the best!

bystander09
15th August 2009, 12:38
Hi Stewart,

You are about to embark upon a well trodden road!! :yikes:

Keep clear of bargirl romances.. :doh

Understand your girls background...:rolleyes:

Don't flash your money around.... :NoNo:

Meet the family.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Try to determine if there is no previous hubby lurking in the woodwork. This could cost you serious money to pay the guy off. Officially its called annulment...:ARsurrender:

Develop a long term relationship which is not based upon financial donantions.. :Erm:

Document everything. If the relationship works out you will need an extensive paper trail for the embassy when jumping thru visa hoops.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If in doubt... GO HOME.... :bigcry:

bystander

trader dave
15th August 2009, 14:49
Hi Stewart,

You are about to embark upon a well trodden road!! :yikes:

Keep clear of bargirl romances.. :doh

Understand your girls background...:rolleyes:

Don't flash your money around.... :NoNo:

Meet the family.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Try to determine if there is no previous hubby lurking in the woodwork. This could cost you serious money to pay the guy off. Officially its called annulment...:ARsurrender:

Develop a long term relationship which is not based upon financial donantions.. :Erm:

Document everything. If the relationship works out you will need an extensive paper trail for the embassy when jumping thru visa hoops.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If in doubt... GO HOME.... :bigcry:

bystander

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

i think that just about sums it up :D:D especialy about bar girl romances :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
15th August 2009, 16:02

thanks
stewart ,

:Hellooo: As a fellow Scot, :Kilt:I'm delighted to Welcome you into our midst. My married daughter lived in Aberdeen for a time before she and her husband moved out to the village of New Deer slightly more than 10 years ago.

I am very pleased to see that others on the forum have already given you the benefit of their own experiences ... and very tactfully pointed out ways of avoiding the pifalls that CAN and DO arise in Long Distance Relationships. That's not to say YOU will fall into the trap of letting your :cwm38: rule your head ... just urging you to err on the side of caution until you've actually met the girl in person.

With this in mind, I believe it's a good :idea: that the pair of you meet on neutral ground ... as per your intention to go to Cyprus, in order to do so. Hope all goes according to plan for the two of you. Take Care & Good Luck, both!!

imagine
16th August 2009, 21:07
thank you, all of you, for your valuable advice and supportive words, and hi to all you scots,im confident on the money situation and that my girl is very genuine, she is very indipendent, time cant pass quick enough untill we meet in cyprus,