PDA

View Full Version : Second Visa?

jasper99
16th August 2009, 21:29
I am about to apply for a fiance visa for my gf.

Supposing she gets this and then comes here in a few months. Her initial stay will be for six months in which time we have arranged to marry.

I believe another visa (marriage visa) is then required for her to remain here once her fiance visa has expired.

Is this the case and does this second visa cost the same as the fiance visa, approx. £500 ?? Will she apply for this here in the UK?

Regards
Joe

joebloggs
16th August 2009, 21:44
you have to be married within 6 months of the date the visa was issued, if your g/f is not coming straight away, you can ask the embassy when you apply to if they would start the visa at a later date ( i think you can delay it by up to 3 months)

after your married, she can apply for FLR from inside the UK, which last for 2 yrs
cost which is

Postal application: £465
Application in person at public enquiry office: £665

darren-b
16th August 2009, 22:16
I believe another visa (marriage visa) is then required for her to remain here once her fiance visa has expired.

You must apply for FLR before her fiancee visa expires.

And in case you didn't realise from joebloggs' message you will have to apply for a third visa two years later (and if new rules get implemented a forth one as well..)

joebloggs
16th August 2009, 22:19
And in case you didn't realise from joebloggs' message you will have to apply for a third visa two years later (and if new rules get implemented a forth one as well..)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: darren
i didn't want to give him too much bad news in one go :doh

:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
16th August 2009, 22:39
I am about to apply for a fiance visa for my gf.

Supposing she gets this and then comes here in a few months. Her initial stay will be for six months in which time we have arranged to marry.

Is this the case and does this second visa cost the same as the fiance visa, approx. £500 ?? Will she apply for this here in the UK?

Regards
Joe

:Hellooo: Welcome, Joe. It's a matter of choice, really. And a great deal depends on how you're placed workwise. But you are perfectly correct in your assumption that, should your girlfriend be granted a Fiancee Visa, then this would entitle her to come to the UK for up to six months ... within which period, the wedding would require to take place. However, it's worth bearing in mind that, BEFORE you can even apply, you would be expected to prove to the British Embassy that the two of you have set at least a provisional date for the ceremony, and provide evidence of a reception being booked &c. In other words, proof of your serious intent to marry.

On the other hand, you might consider marrying in the Phils. :rolleyes: This is what I did last year and, although there is divided opinion here, and consequently, some who would disagree with me, I generally recommend THIS approach ... IF, as I mentioned in my previous paragraph, you can afford sufficient time off work. Being retired, this issue was irrelevant in MY case. It is, by far, the least expensive option because, not only are most Filipino wedding receptions a helluva lot cheaper, but once married, you would only need to incur the cost of applying for a spousal visa ... thus bypassing the additional [more or less, equivalent] fees :REGamblMoney01HL1: needed for what's called 'Further Leave To Remain' if your fiancee were to come HERE [UK] to get married. Plus, a Settlement [spousal] visa would allow her to take a job in Britain straightaway, if she so-wished.

Of course, as I implied at the beginning of this post, the final decision rests with you and your girlfriend ... no-one else! :ARsurrender:

darren-b
17th August 2009, 07:01
:However, it's worth bearing in mind that, BEFORE you can even apply, you would be expected to prove to the British Embassy that the two of you have set at least a provisional date for the ceremony, and provide evidence of a reception being booked &c. In other words, proof of your serious intent to marry.

I wish people (especially those who took the spouse route) would stop giving incorrect information about fiancee visas :cwm23:. You do not need to have evidence of any bookings, and even a provisional date might be difficult if you don't know when the visa will be granted.

The ECOs know it is difficult if not impossible to make any real arrangemens for a wedding in the UK until both the bride and groom are actually in the UK. Also you could have the biggest wedding provisionally booked, but it doesn't actually mean you are going to get married.

steadyfornow
17th August 2009, 07:54
I wish people (especially those who took the spouse route) would stop giving incorrect information about fiancee visas :cwm23:. You do not need to have evidence of any bookings, and even a provisional date might be difficult if you don't know when the visa will be granted.

The ECOs know it is difficult if not impossible to make any real arrangemens for a wedding in the UK until both the bride and groom are actually in the UK. Also you could have the biggest wedding provisionally booked, but it doesn't actually mean you are going to get married.

now im confused..so it means if youll be applying for a fiancee visa..it wouldnt really be necessary to have evidence of bookings and a provisional date?or it would still help the application somehow?thanks folks..

darren-b
17th August 2009, 08:05
now im confused..so it means if youll be applying for a fiancee visa..it wouldnt really be necessary to have evidence of bookings and a provisional date?or it would still help the application somehow?thanks folks..

You don't have to provide any bookings - the guidance notes for ECOs has some comments about this because they know you can't make a confirmed booking without both people actually in the UK. We didn't provide any bookings at all or even a provisional date (only a month...) and I know others who did the same.

Really it's down to whether the ECO believes you with regards to your relationship or not. A provisional booking with a hotel that you could cancel anyway doesn't actually prove a wedding will take place.

jasper99
17th August 2009, 09:44
Ouch, I was afraid that would be the case. I have to admit the getting married in Phil is becoming more attractive. I may apply her a visit visa in the meantime but don't expect she will get it eventhough we have met in Thailand before(she returned after visiting there).

Thanks for your replies!

Bluebirdjones
17th August 2009, 09:52
Darren .... you are TOTALLY correct.

You merely have to say ..
"After xxxx has arrived in the United Kingdom, we intend to get married as
soon as practically possible" ..... end of.

This nonsence about sending details of church hall bookings, menu cards, ring
receipts is exactly that ..... NONSENCE.

... and before others "comment" .... we got our fiance visa in 4 weeks 2 days.
So if you can beat that, then I'll listen... otherwise not.

Arthur Little
17th August 2009, 11:43

Being one of those who opted for the spousal route, I'm quite prepared to admit I am not :NoNo: 100 per cent au fait with the PRECISE requirements for the fiance(e) alternative. In the light of Darren's reply, I decided, this morning, to do a bit more research and logged-on to the following website:

www.migrationexpert.co/uk/Visa/family_visa_fiancee.asp ... where there is a section which clearly states that "applicants for a fiancee visa will require to provide EVIDENCE of their intention to marry".

darren-b
17th August 2009, 12:48
Being one of those who opted for the spousal route, I'm quite prepared to admit I am not 100 per cent au fait with the PRECISE requirements for the fiance(e) alternative. In the light of Darren's reply, I decided, this morning, to do a bit more research and logged-on to the following website:

www.migrationexpert.co/uk/Visa/family_visa_fiancee.asp ... where there is a section which clearly states that "applicants for a fiancee visa will require to provide EVIDENCE of their intention to marry".

Not an official source of information though...

From an official source of information.... http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/fiancees

"SET1.18 What evidence is required of marriage arrangements?

The ECO needs to be satisfied that it is intended that a marriage in the UK will take place.

The law relating to marriage in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK. Of itself, a booking at a Register Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.

The ECO can reasonably expect the couple to have made some tentative plans for the wedding. Any evidence that may be available that wedding arrangements are in hand may help in this respect."

It does not state that you have to provide provisional bookings. The fact that many of us (including Bluebirdjones and myself) got fiancee visas easily without provisional bookings proves this. Our tentative 'plans' when we applied were that we going to get married in the UK in May.

darren-b
17th August 2009, 12:55
Ouch, I was afraid that would be the case. I have to admit the getting married in Phil is becoming more attractive. I may apply her a visit visa in the meantime but don't expect she will get it eventhough we have met in Thailand before(she returned after visiting there).

Thanks for your replies!

Either way (fiancee or marriage) you will have to apply for an additional visa 2 years after arriving in the UK which is the expensive one (I think currently it is £820). Taking the marriage route saves you having to apply for FLR which is cheapest visa...

If the rules change with the spouse route you will have to apply for 3 visas (4 with the fiancee route) and I've no ideal what the cost will be.

Arthur Little
17th August 2009, 12:55

The ECOs know it is difficult if not impossible to make any real arrangements for a wedding in the UK until both the bride and groom are actually in the UK. Also you could have the biggest wedding provisionally booked, but it doesn't actually mean you are going to get married.

Sure, :iagree: Entry Clearance Officers are bound to be well-aware of the difficulties involved in making any FIRM arrangements ... which is why I've always felt that *this was a rather daft :Cuckoo: prerequisite. Nevertheless, I can assure you that it DOES exist. I mean what OTHER means of proof can an ECO possibly expect? ... apart from the sponsor being in a position to wholly bear the cost of supporting the applicant financially [and in terms of providing suitable accommodation] for the duration of the visa, up until the time when FLR is granted and the applicant [by then the married partner] is allowed to take up employment.

So ... no, :NoNo: I don't think I've given INCORRECT information here. And I continue to STAND BY my belief that the Fiance(e) Visa is an unnecessary waste of money ... UNLESS the circumstances are such, that they are dictated by the sponsor's work commitments. But even then, if he/she has planned his holiday arrangements well in advance [with the objective of marriage abroad in mind] it need not prove an insurmountable obstacle. Indeed, I know of someone on this forum who is shortly travelling to the Philippines fo a mere 8 days in order to visit his mahal. Such is the "pull" of the Power of Love!

Bluebirdjones
17th August 2009, 13:02
.... your comments & thoughts are ALWAYS appreciated, but on this one I think you should bow out gracefully
and leave it to the people who've ACTUALLY gone down the Fiancee route.

Yes, you are correct... the application form does say "will require to provide EVIDENCE of their intention to marry",
but this is a misnomer.

It is a Catch-22 situation..... you cannot do anything OFFICIAL until your lady arrives here.
Yes, you could book a hall, pre-book the Archbishop of Canterbury, order a cake, arrange to get your hair cut, etc etc .....
BUT all these things can be cancelled, or even better, set up by you on your John Bull printing set !

So, the "evidence" is not worth the paper it's written (or printed) on.

It's the total strength of your full application that will decide on the visa, not on the £8 per head or £50 per head
wedding breakfast menu !

darren-b
17th August 2009, 13:02
Being one of those who opted for the spousal route, I'm quite prepared to admit I am not :NoNo: 100 per cent au fait with the PRECISE requirements for the fiance(e) alternative. In the light of Darren's reply, I decided, this morning, to do a bit more research and logged-on to a number of relevant websites - including the undernoted:
www.migrationexpert.co/uk/Visa/family_visa_fiancee.asp ... where there is a section which clearly states that "applicants for a fiancee visa will require to provide *EVIDENCE of their intention to marry". Sure, :iagree: Entry Clearance Officers are bound to be well-aware of the difficulties involved in making any FIRM arrangements ... which is why I've always felt that *this was a rather daft :Cuckoo: prerequisite. Nevertheless, I can assure you that it DOES exist. I mean what OTHER means of proof can an ECO possibly expect? ... apart from the sponsor being in a position to wholly bear the cost of supporting the applicant financially [and in terms of providing suitable accommodation] for the duration of the visa, up until the time when FLR is granted and the applicant [by then the married partner] is allowed to take up employment.

So ... no, :NoNo: I don't think I've given INCORRECT information here. And I continue to STAND BY my belief that the Fiance(e) Visa is an unnecessary waste of money ... UNLESS the circumstances are such, that they are dictated by the sponsor's work commitments. But even then, if he/she has planned his holiday arrangements well in advance [with the objective of marriage abroad in mind] it need not prove an insurmountable obstacle. Indeed, I know of someone on this forum who is shortly travelling to the Philippines fo a mere 8 days in order to visit his mahal. Such is the "pull" of the Power of Love!

Your words were "you would be expected to prove to the British Embassy that the two of you have set at least a provisional date for the ceremony, and provide evidence of a reception being booked " which is incorrect.

To me ~£400 was worth it to be able to spend the best part of 6 months living together in the UK. Also in the past spouse visas were only 2 years and I know many people who took the spouse route but because they delayed their journey by more than a month had to apply for FLR anyway.

Arthur Little
17th August 2009, 13:46
The ECO needs to be satisfied that it is intended that a marriage in the UK will take place.

:Erm: Which is what my original post implied.

The law relating to marriage in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK. Of itself, a booking at a Register Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.

Understandable! Which, was WHY I said that I always thought that it was a daft pre-requisite to expect proof of this kind. Nonetheless, I have always been under the impression that it WAS needed.

The ECO can reasonably expect the couple to have made some tentative plans for the wedding. Any evidence that may be available that wedding arrangements are in hand may help in this respect."

What KIND of tentative plans?

Our tentative 'plans' when we applied were that we going to get married in the UK in May.

:Erm: No disrespect, but surely this *equates with your own statement earlier to the effect that "you could have the biggest wedding booked [ACTUAL plan] but it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get married" ... *IN THAT, when YOU applied you indicated you were getting married in the UK in May [only TENTATIVE plan,] which no more proved that the wedding would ACTUALLY take place either. Indeed, by its 'tentative' nature, it's LESS of an indication that the plan was likely to be fulfilled - even though it WAS - if you catch my drift. :doh

Arthur Little
17th August 2009, 14:16
Darren .... you are TOTALLY correct.

You merely have to say ..
"After xxxx has arrived in the United Kingdom, we intend to get married as
soon as practically possible" ..... end of.

This nonsence about sending details of church hall bookings, *menu cards, ring
receipts is exactly that ..... NONSENCE.

Well, Marc (probably I've even spelt your name wrong!) certainly *one of the things you mention DOES amount to nonsense. Not sure about ring receipts, though ...

... and before others "comment" .... we got our fiance visa in 4 weeks 2 days.
So if you can beat that, then I'll listen... otherwise not.

... at the risk of causing "annoyance" to the people still [impatiently - and rightly so!] awaiting the outcome of their visa applications, I have to say Myrna & I seem to have been extremely fortunate in that WE applied in person on January 20 and our Spousal Visa was granted on February 23. Mind you the Embassy was a lot quieter at that time of year and, above all, it was BEFORE Manila took over this ludicrous :Cuckoo: new arrangement ... whereby applications from more than half of the entire continent of Asia are processed there.

Arthur Little
17th August 2009, 14:36
.... your comments & thoughts are ALWAYS appreciated, but on this one I think you should bow out gracefully

:ARsurrender: [sigh of relief] ... Perhaps you're right! I shall simply agree to differ on this occasion.

Yes, you are correct... the application form does say "will require to provide EVIDENCE of their intention to marry",
but this is a misnomer.

Thank you for that, at least.

It is a Catch-22 situation..... you cannot do anything OFFICIAL until your lady arrives here.
Yes, you could book a hall, pre-book the Archbishop of Canterbury, order a cake, arrange to get your hair cut, etc etc .....
BUT all these things can be cancelled, or even better, set up by you on your John Bull printing set !

It's the total strength of your full application that will decide on the visa, not on the £8 per head or £50 per head
wedding breakfast menu !

All :gp:s.

Arthur Little
17th August 2009, 14:45
... or even better, set up by you on your John Bull printing set !

John Bull printing sets ... ? :omg: I used to have one of THEM as a child! Did you know that there used to be a satirical magazine of the same name? Can't quite remember when it went out of publication, though ... :Erm:

OOps ... I digress :doh

Arthur Little
17th August 2009, 16:01

Hello again, Michelle. I well-remember greeting you on your "arrival" on our forum, about 4 to 6 weeks ago.

I'm sorry you're feeling confused over whether to continue applying for a Fiancee Visa or opt for the Spousal alternative, instead.

If your mind is set on the former, then ... YES ... I'm of the opinion that ANYTHING at all that can boost your chances of success - and that CAN include provisional date(s)/evidence of booking(s) etc. - is likely to have a more positive outlook. But, from what two respondents [each of whom chose this route - with a fruitful outcome] have implied, it would seem you would not, :NoNo: after all, be required to go to such lengths ... which, from your point of view, must be a blessed relief!

It has to be said that, *since my wife came here in March as the holder of a Spousal Visa - which DEFINITELY HAS the GREATER likelihood of a successful outcome - I tend to be biased in favour of the latter. And if you read my earlier posts again, you will see WHY.

In the circumstances, therefore, it would be unwise of me to advise you one way or the other - due to my *[unsurprisingly] not being fully acquaint with the Fiancee approach. All things considered, however, I would, once again, wish you and your fiance every success with your application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
17th August 2009, 17:52

Thanks for your replies!

Well, since your girlfriend returned from Thailand following her visit there, this would certainly be looked upon favourably ... although I must say, I didn't realise a visa would be needed for a Filipina to travel to a neighbouring country. I thought a valid passport would suffice. But yes, I know of one particular lady from the Philippines who worked in both Australia and Singapore prior to meeting her [now] British husband online. Whilst still at the courting stage (in the Phils) he wished to take her to the UK to meet his family, and a Tourist Visa was duly granted.

Now, all credit due to the young lady I'm referring to. She'd already proved her trustworthiness by returning to her homeland not just once - but TWICE - after working abroad. And there can be little doubt that this factor counted in her favour when applying for a tourist visa. But I suspect :rolleyes: the Embassy's decision, was influenced to an equally large extent by the fact that her sponsor/future husband was, shall we say, considerably "well-heeled" financially.

Currently, as you are already aware, it is extremely difficult to obtain a short-term visitor's visa ... leaving you with basically two choices. Which is WHY, for the reasons put forward in my initial response last night, I suggested marrying in the Phils and going down the spousal route. In so-doing, I appear to have "put the cat among the pigeons" with other members who evidently diagree with me. :doh

So, once again mate, you have MY opinion for what it's worth! Since you and your girlfriend intend getting married anyway, I STILL adhere to my belief that by tying-the-knot in the Philippines and applying for the spouse visa, you will, in the longer term, save yourselves a lot of money if YOU can spare the time off work. Sure, you'll EVENTUALLY need to apply for 'Indefinite Leave To Remain' (ILR) on your [by then] wife's behalf ... but that won't arise until another 27 months' down the line have elapsed ... and, as I've already pointed out, you'll have saved between £400-£600 on 'Further Leave To Remain' (FLR) in the process.

It's up to YOU ...

joebloggs
17th August 2009, 22:35

but this is a misnomer.

wedding breakfast menu !

just for the fun of it.. :D

from the refusals guidance...

2. LEAVE TO ENTER AS A FIANCÉ(E) OR PROPOSED CIVIL PARTNER OF A PERSON SETTLED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner are contained in Paragraph 289A and 290 of HC 395 as amended by HC 538 and HC 582 and must be referred to when reading the following advice.
2.1. Key points
The main points on which the immigration officer needs to be satisfied are that:
November 08 CH8 SECT3 – FIANCE(E)S & PROPOSED CIVIL PARTNERS
- the passenger holds a valid entry clearance as the fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a person settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted at the same occasion for settlement; and
-
there is no reason to believe that false representations were made in order to obtain the entry clearance or that circumstances have changed since its issue

firstly i would always send as much relevant information/evidence you have if your applying for any sort of visa. people have been refused for not sending what evidence they were asked for or incomplete evidence.

i don't advise anyone to send less evidence than they should, i minimise any risks, your paying £500+ and waiting months, so sure, you maybe lucky and get your visa, but i don't deal in luck, just the facts.

i know many people who have sent evidence of their proposed wedding, sure you can say , you can cancel this and that, but at least your intentions are there, and from the refusal you can see (b) false representations were made or change of circumstances, for me if you don't supply some evidence of your intended wedding, then youre increasing your risk of refusal, because you done nothing about your proposed wedding, what size that risk is who knows.

also i can tell you most if not everyone on here, did supply some sort of evidence of their proposed wedding, and they all, but maybe one didn't get their visa, i don't remember anyone not sending any evidence at all of their proposed wedding ?? thou i maybe wrong, any more takers on this ???

can you tell me anyone who has been refused for sending evidence of their proposed wedding?. can i tell you who hasn't been refused for not sending some sort of evidence, no i can't because i think everyone did, the embassy do random checks, i know of one person at least on here, where the embassy contacted the person who was suppose to be making their wedding cake ( i think it was ady ?? ) and when they failed to, and that was one of the reasons for refusing the visa, thou i think it was overturned on appeal.

and as for getting your visa in 4wks and 2 days, good for you, but how long you wait is determined by luck and how busy the embassy is. that's why everyone has been waiting at least 6wks for a visa. :doh

darren-b
18th August 2009, 06:10
also i can tell you most if not everyone on here, did supply some sort of evidence of their proposed wedding, and they all, but maybe one didn't get their visa, i don't remember anyone not sending any evidence at all of their proposed wedding ?? thou i maybe wrong, any more takers on this ???

can you tell me anyone who has been refused for sending evidence of their proposed wedding?. can i tell you who hasn't been refused for not sending some sort of evidence, no i can't because i think everyone did, the embassy do random checks, i know of one person at least on here, where the embassy contacted the person who was suppose to be making their wedding cake ( i think it was ady ?? ) and when they failed to, and that was one of the reasons for refusing the visa, thou i think it was overturned on appeal.

Err..... Neither Bluebirdjones or myself did provide any evidence of our proposed wedding. Searching round previous messages others who didn't provide any evidence includes DianaKevy, JudyHon, Ann07, and xebec. So that's six on here who definitely did not supply some sort of evidence of their proposed wedding and I am sure there are others on here who did not either.

The couple I think you are referring to is Philip/Frances who were not entirely truthfully with a visit visa, and hence the ECO was a bit suspicious of them. And when they checked their caterers because she was doing it cash-in-hand she denied all knowledge. Who knows if they hadn't provided any evidence they might not have been refused the first time.

The point Bluebirdjones and myself are trying to make is that you do not have to provide any proposed bookings. Back in the day when you had to have an interview the ECO wasn't at all worried that we didn't provide any and hence this is why I do not advise people to provide it.

joebloggs
18th August 2009, 06:17
true, but quoted from him..

i know many more than 6 who did send evidence that showed they intend to get wed, but if ive missed the point somewhere ?? sending some evidence is better than no evidence, thou i'm just being a :censored:... :D

can't check all he posted, as i've got to go to work now :doh

darren-b
18th August 2009, 07:18
true, but quoted from him..

i know many more than 6 who did send evidence that showed they intend to get wed, but if ive missed the point somewhere ?? sending some evidence is better than no evidence, thou i'm just being a :censored:... :D

can't check all he posted, as i've got to go to work now :doh

I think you have missed the point... Just because someone sent evidence it does not mean they needed to send evidence. If you were planning to book your wedding prior to applying for the visa then send the bookings, but if you weren't then it's daft to get some proposed bookings just to add to your application (you are basically supplying false evidence...).

If you can show someone who was refused and the reason was that they did not provide any evidence or someone who was told that if they hadn't provided any evidence they would have been refused then I will change my opinion.

Bluebirdjones
18th August 2009, 09:44
“but how long you wait is determined by luck and how busy the embassy is” –Jbloggs

I totally disagree. Granted the embassy is busy, and it now seems to take 6-8 weeks for your application to get to the top of the pile, but then the strength and quality of your application will shine through.

If you follow the rules & guidelines, and put yourself in the shoes of the ECO (and understand what he/she is going to be concerned about, need clarification of), then you are almost assured of a successful (timely) “YES” result.

The ECO does not need to wade through pages & pages of printed e-mails and messages saying “I love you”…. nor is gonna be impressed with a letter from your local Holy-Joe saying that you attend church every Sunday and he’ll be proud to conduct the wedding ceremony.

What WILL impress him is a concise statement of your finances…. not just a bank statement & pay slips, but long-term investments (ISA’s, shares, endowments etc etc), and an update on your future pension situation. This shows that you have thought about the consequences of marriage, it’s not some spur-of-the moment “let’s get married” affair, you have stability in your financial affairs, and are already thinking of how to provide for the future.

What will ALSO impress the ECO is if your future wife has already travelled outside the Philippines. Visas (and entry/exit stamps) from other countries in her passport are the equivalent of gold ! An itinerary of countries she has visited (dates of entry/exit, reason for trip) is a must. This shows the ECO that the applicant is very unlikely to be entering a “marriage of convenience”, or be an economic refugee, as she could have effectively already done that in countries she’s already visited.

So, NO, it’s not “luck”….. but by emphasising the good points, and presenting the information in a concise, readable, and relevant way, you are basically giving the ECO no option but to say “Yes”.

Ji&Ma
18th August 2009, 09:54
I totally disagree. Granted the embassy is busy, and it now seems to take 6-8 weeks for your application to get to the top of the pile, but then the strength and quality of your application will shine through.

WHAT???
Are you joking??? We are currently waiting 17 WEEKS!!! and we are not alone - take a look at the threads Another batch of members waiting for their visa - part 1 and 2...:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::Brick:

Bluebirdjones
18th August 2009, 10:32
Apologies, no disrespect intended.
Was aware waiting times had moved on, but didn't realise THAT long !

.... but the point I was making, is that it's NOT a lottery or luck if your visa is
granted but depends on how it's prepared & presented.

A well thought-out & presented application is going to be less hassle to
approve.
It will "tick" all his boxes, so the ECO will not have to refer to higher command,
hence resulting in even longer delays.

Wish u all the best with your application.

Ji&Ma
18th August 2009, 11:03

.... but the point I was making, is that it's NOT a lottery or luck if your visa is

approve.
It will "tick" all his boxes, so the ECO will not have to refer to higher command,

:ARsurrender:
Yeah I see your point and agree - definitely it is better to be well prepared and supply all they need and something on top of it as well as it costs considerable amount of money, lots of time, few gray hairs and damaged nerves anyway - so you can't afford to make any blunders
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And - thank you very much- hope everything is going to be OK for us :Erm:

Mrs.Hope
18th August 2009, 17:25
Im a new member here and it seems a friendly websites from me
Im weird to asking more about my visa because I got a hard time
to gathered all my docs but im kind of worried because im not sure
if my visa will see granted even the visa officer in vfs check all my
checklist list Im applying for a settlement spouse visa we wait until
the result Anyway guys I got the land house of my husband in Uk
and 31,000 pounds sterling updated july 16 via internet online updated
my son got a british passport i got a letter from uk that my job that I
applied is been succesfull but i need to start by september end of the month
and evidence of relationship from print screen copy in skype and our contract
in the house from the landlord emails from 2007 to 2009 pictures in the wedding and NSO legal papers bills of my internet and western union and bank statements that Im using from my husband atm etc but Im still thingking MAYBE THEY DENIED AS I DENIED BEFORE WITH MY TOURIST VISA BUT NOW i HAVE RELEVANT REQUIREMENTS AND WE LIVE IN TOGETHER 2003 AND GET MARRIED 2008 TILL NOW WE ARE HAPPY WITH MY SON AND STEPDAUGHTER WHO SHE HAS A BRITISH PASSPORT HOPE U MY FRIENDS GRANTED A VISA ALREADY CAN HELP MY ANSWER AS IM SO WORRIED MAYBE IM NOT GOT MY VISA THANKS A LOT WAITING FOR U GUYS TO REPLY

kimmi
18th August 2009, 17:29
Im a new member here and it seems a friendly websites from me
Im weird to asking more about my visa because I got a hard time
to gathered all my docs but im kind of worried because im not sure
if my visa will see granted even the visa officer in vfs check all my
checklist list Im applying for a settlement spouse visa we wait until
the result Anyway guys I got the land house of my husband in Uk
and 31,000 pounds sterling updated july 16 via internet online updated
my son got a british passport i got a letter from uk that my job that I
applied is been succesfull but i need to start by september end of the month
and evidence of relationship from print screen copy in skype and our contract
in the house from the landlord emails from 2007 to 2009 pictures in the wedding and NSO legal papers bills of my internet and western union and bank statements that Im using from my husband atm etc but Im still thingking MAYBE THEY DENIED AS I DENIED BEFORE WITH MY TOURIST VISA BUT NOW i HAVE RELEVANT REQUIREMENTS AND WE LIVE IN TOGETHER 2003 AND GET MARRIED 2008 TILL NOW WE ARE HAPPY WITH MY SON AND STEPDAUGHTER WHO SHE HAS A BRITISH PASSPORT HOPE U MY FRIENDS GRANTED A VISA ALREADY CAN HELP MY ANSWER AS IM SO WORRIED MAYBE IM NOT GOT MY VISA THANKS A LOT WAITING FOR U GUYS TO REPLY

hi MRS.HOPE,

i think it will be better if u make ur own thread so people/members in here will easily reply to u..are u about to apply for a spouse visa or u already waiting for the result?:Erm::Erm:

joebloggs
18th August 2009, 17:52
“but how long you wait is determined by luck and how busy the embassy is” –Jbloggs

If you follow the rules & guidelines, and put yourself in the shoes of the ECO (and understand what he/she is going to be concerned about, need clarification of), then you are almost assured of a successful (timely) “YES” result.

in the vast majority of cases i have to disagree with you, why, because i would say 95% of spouse and fiancée visa's are granted on here, whether you include 100 'i love you letters' and a million emails/chat logs, or a well organised and precise app, you think the case worker has time to read them, all they will do is skim thru them, they will not spend more than a few of minutes getting thru most evidence, they are not going to put that app in a pile of apps to come back to, only ones that will be looked at again are those with a problem or not straight forward ones. why do you think it takes 6-13wks to get even a refusal ?, because they have such a back log.

i'm sure all they do is check your evidence and then do the dreaded 'local checks', this might be why some people wait longer than others, because it takes longer sometimes to get the results back.

sure your better organising your app, so it doesn't :censored: off the case worker, but i think your app is decided within minutes whether its badly put together or not, as long as you have some evidence of a relationship, savings and a job, accommodation , just like at the peo's office, they make a decision on your app within an hour or so, then depending on the outcome of the local checks you will get your visa. but some apps will be borderline (low paid job, no savings, not included all the evidence asked, etc) those will be probably passed on to someone more senior, but even if you did or didn't include a 100 'i love you letters' it will not effect how quick it is processed, the embassy will have targets to get thru, and for most, i'm sure your visa app is not looked at twice.

i honestly don't believe if you sent in 2 apps, based on the same facts and figures, but one had a 100 letters with it, and one didn't, it would make much difference on how quick your visa is processed ? why would it ??

joebloggs
18th August 2009, 18:09

approve.

its not true, i can tell you why, and you can check on here, when my wife got ilr it took 4wks, go and search on here for people who got ilr 2 yrs ago, you will find they all got it around 4wks give or take a day.. why because every app is in a queue, and when you got to the top of the pile, the app was decided there and then. and as 95% got it without a problem, so everyones app took 4wks. but since UKBA :censored: the system up, no one knows any more. and it use to take exactly 4wks for a long time

whether your app was badly put together or not, it took 4wks for nearly everyone, sure you get a small number of borderline cases which will be passed on to someone senior, but being passed on, will having nothing to do with if your apps is well presented or not, it will be based on facts not presentation.

it will not go to higher command because your app is not organised or you included every email you ever sent to each other, it will be passed on if its not straight forward, and that will be based on facts not looks .. your app will still be deicded in nearly the same am ount of time even if you tied it with a nice bow

darren-b
18th August 2009, 18:26
Just to back up joebloggs comments when we applied (late 04/early 05) they did the local checks first and you brought your evidence with you on the day of your mandatory interview. The examination of the evidence, the interview and the decision whether to grant the visa or not took less than a couple of hours. The process might have changed, but I can't believe they spend much more effort processing an application.

Mrs.Hope
24th August 2009, 14:12
Im already apply july 16 so im going to wait to see if its granted
the visa officer check all my checklist in my applications hopefully
It will be approved and if approved will not over yet Im going to CFO
to attened the seminar and sticker on my passport more a lot of patient...

JimOttley
24th August 2009, 22:21
Either way (fiancee or marriage) you will have to apply for an additional visa 2 years after arriving in the UK which is the expensive one (I think currently it is £820). Taking the marriage route saves you having to apply for FLR which is cheapest visa...

If the rules change with the spouse route you will have to apply for 3 visas (4 with the fiancee route) and I've no ideal what the cost will be.

God it never gets easier, I can see the point about getting married in the Phils but if I remember correctly it's pretty much impossible to do in the 21 days allowed under the Phils standard visa waiver, plus for me I am no longer in control of my own destiny, once upon a time I could take time off, if I thought I could afford it but I'm a wage slave now, so really not so easy, my total annual leave is not enough, even adding statutory holidays and weekends :(

May well be best to just offset the extra FLR visa costs against the alternative of taking large amounts of unpaid leave and for us to get married in the UK.

Jim

JimOttley
24th August 2009, 22:34
Mind you the Embassy was a lot quieter at that time of year and, above all, it was BEFORE Manila took over this ludicrous :Cuckoo: new arrangement ... whereby applications from more than half of the entire continent of Asia are processed there.

Oh god, not heard about this what did they promise to do?

Jim

joebloggs
24th August 2009, 23:45
http://www.asianjournal.com/dateline-philippines/headlines/1013-manila-new-regional-uk-visa-hub-.html

Manila regional hub for UK Visa's