PDA

View Full Version : Photocopies of letters and emails

scottishbride
18th August 2009, 08:04
Good pm to everyone! I am so grateful to be a memeber here. My husband and I were arguing about the emails and handwritten letters, He want to send it as it is... I mean original. I told him that the British Embassy will require photocopies of it. Am I right? Sometimes he doesn't listen to me so we ended up :furious3:

pumpkins
18th August 2009, 08:28
hi..i think your husband is right.. letter as it is and the emails you just print it from yours..

miss.piggy
18th August 2009, 09:18
Good pm to everyone! I am so grateful to be a memeber here. My husband and I were arguing about the emails and handwritten letters, He want to send it as it is... I mean original. I told him that the British Embassy will require photocopies of it. Am I right? Sometimes he doesn't listen to me so we ended up :furious3:
The embassy requires a photocopy of everything...you'll have to show the original (that's for the handwritten) and they will only take the photocopy. :)

IainBusby
18th August 2009, 09:47
It's always best to send two copies of everything, the original and a photocopy. The normal procedure is that they will keep the photocopy and return the original to you. It's best to sort it out in two seperate parts, one original, one photocopy, each with a checklist on top fully ticked off and it is always better to submit too much rather than too little.

Iain.

kimmi
18th August 2009, 10:56

yup u are right they require a photocopy of everything as in everything because thats what they keep for their fiiles..

Goodluck..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scottishbride
18th August 2009, 12:52
Thanks, miss piggy, IainBusby & Kimmi. We actually have 180 pages of emails and 50 pages handwritten letters so he think it's insane to copy all that.:D

kimmi
18th August 2009, 13:18
I think it will be better if u will just submit to the ECO some of those letters if he thinks it's insane in a way just to prove to them that u have constant communication and have a genuine relationship though you have a daughter already to prove that..:D

trader dave
18th August 2009, 18:00
i think only if you want the original returned to you do you supply a copy as well :Erm:

but i know MRS T nearly had excess luggage with the amount of paperwork she submitted:doh

joebloggs
18th August 2009, 19:26
yup u are right they require a photocopy of everything as in everything because thats what they keep for their fiiles..

Goodluck..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

have 2 copies,
as you should keep a copy of everything you send, as well as a copy of the visa app. so you know what you sent, also because you might not get back all the originals you sent.

even better scan everything :xxgrinning--00xx3:

classygirl
19th August 2009, 15:50
Don't forget to photocopy all photos that you will submit if you want it returned back to you.They (VFS) asked me to do that when I applied for my visa.

Mrs.JMajor
19th August 2009, 23:13
i think only if you want the original returned to you do you supply a copy as well :Erm:

but i know MRS T nearly had excess luggage with the amount of paperwork she submitted:doh

Don't forget to photocopy all photos that you will submit if you want it returned back to you.They (VFS) asked me to do that when I applied for my visa.

As what I said mel, if you still need all your documents back, photocopy them so they will return the original to you, but if you dont need the documents then no need to photocopy,they will just get it for thier files

And I think you dont need the emails and chatlogs, so just make one copy and leave those to them.:Hellooo:

scottishbride
20th August 2009, 06:02

Really? Even the photos??? :Erm:

scottishbride
20th August 2009, 06:04
Thanks boss joebloggs, traderdave, kimmi and (Mrs. Major I know i can always count on you...):)

PAT
20th August 2009, 15:40
Hi,my experience was,i didnt photo copy our letters and cards, i enclosed it to my original documents.Just asked them to return it back...hope it help.

Mrs.JMajor
20th August 2009, 22:07
(Mrs. Major I know i can always count on you...):)

:cwm38::cwm38::xxgrinning--00xx3: