PDA

View Full Version : ex-wife visa

pumpkins
18th August 2009, 09:43
hello to everyone..my husband worried about his ex- filipina wife:cwm23: still in england..we are going to apply my spouse visa this october..what he worried about is that his ex wife is still in uk and we dont know if she have a plan to come here in ph( TNT ) ,her spouse visa will expire this september..will it affect my application? he was the sponsor of her.. he reported her already for her illegal staying as what my husband said once the married is dissolved the spouse will no longer valid..is there anyone out there has a same situation? i hope i am not alone:cwm12:.. so anyone could ease our mind..

thanks

pumpkins
18th August 2009, 09:52
i mean, my husband said once divorced ,the spouse visa will no longer valid..and that $i#c* is still in uk.. she maybe have no plan to come back here in the ph..

miss.piggy
18th August 2009, 09:58
i mean, my husband said once divorced ,the spouse visa will no longer valid..and that $i#c* is still in uk.. she maybe have no plan to come back here in the ph..
Hi Pumpkin...I don't think your husband's ex-wife will cause you any problems. As you said, they divorced and that basically ended his connection with her. So whether she overstayed in the UK or not, he has nothing to do with her anymore.

aromulus
18th August 2009, 10:05

Worrying factor in my mind is......:Erm:

What makes you think that he's not going to do the same with you after a couple of years.....:omg:

Ana_may365
18th August 2009, 14:56

What makes you think that he's not going to do the same with you after a couple of years.....:omg:

thats what im thinking also:doh:doh:doh if hes do it on his first wife he can do it also to the next one:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Tawi2
18th August 2009, 15:39
Theres a few guys in UK who have been married to more than one Pinay,and the divorced wife hasnt had to return back to pinas,methinks he isnt telling you the truth,and as has already been said..............You might be NEXT:cwm24::omg:

aphrodite78
18th August 2009, 15:50
hello to everyone..my husband worried about his ex- filipina wife:cwm23: still in england..we are going to apply my spouse visa this october..what he worried about is that his ex wife is still in uk and we dont know if she have a plan to come here in ph( TNT ) ,her spouse visa will expire this september..will it affect my application? he was the sponsor of her.. he reported her already for her illegal staying as what my husband said once the married is dissolved the spouse will no longer valid..is there anyone out there has a same situation? i hope i am not alone:cwm12:.. so anyone could ease our mind..

thanks

apologies for being nosey, did your hubby mentioned his reason(s) why they got divorced? remember there are two sides to every coin. to answer your question NO it wouldn't affect your application BUT ECO might dig deep onto your application hence the reason why i am asking about the reason of their divorce. with regards to your husband's ex-wife she is still legally staying in uk because like what you said her visa is due to expire this september.

pumpkins
18th August 2009, 16:17
hi to you all, i can assure that he will not do the same to me..not just even a thought of doing that.i know the reasons why they got divorced.. and she was the one who asked for divorce (someone new huh)..

and also thats why we will apply for my spouse visa on october after her ex-wife visa expired..

aromulus
18th August 2009, 16:44
hi to you all, i can assure that he will not do the same to me..not just even a thought of doing that.i know the reasons why they got divorced.. and she was the one who asked for divorce (someone new huh)..

and also thats why we will apply for my spouse visa on october after her ex-wife visa expired..

I don't see the relevance.:Erm:

Somebody care to explain that to me, please...???:Erm:

pumpkins
18th August 2009, 17:02
it means we will not take a risk applying spouse visa..we will wait for her ex-wife visa expired this september before i apply on october..if ever eco will check his ex-wife record

Tawi2
18th August 2009, 17:08
Surely his ex-wifes visa is irrelevant in your application Pumpkin?Its an entirely different case and cant impact negatively :Erm:

trader dave
18th August 2009, 17:52
:omg: sorry i am lost :Erm:

he is now divorced from her ,she is still in the uk:Erm: so he has married you already ?? or is his divorce being settled at this time :Erm:and you are want to come here TO GET MARRIED TO HIM SO ON A FIANCEE VISA?:doh

Tawi2
18th August 2009, 18:05
it means we will not take a risk applying spouse visa..we will wait for her ex-wife visa expired this september before i apply on october..if ever eco will check his ex-wife record
Why would they check his wifes records if the marriage ended in a divorce?The Ex wife left him for another guy,has she remarried?:Erm:

LadyJ
18th August 2009, 19:43
British guy now divorced to ex-wife Filipina?

British guy now married to a new Filipina?

New Filipina wife want to apply spouse visa after ex-wife's visa expired.

My question is what is the ex-wife's visa currently hold? Indefinite or Spouse? I take it's a Spouse visa because you said the ex-wife visa will expire soon.

joebloggs
18th August 2009, 20:02
. he reported her already for her illegal staying as what my husband said once the married is dissolved the spouse will no longer valid..

i don't think that's true, i think she's only illegally here if her visa has expired or the Home Office has revoked her visa and told her to leave.

i don't think it will help your visa app that his last marriage didn't last 2yrs and yet he's already wed you, maybe they will ask questions on how genuine your relationship is when you apply:Erm:

but good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
18th August 2009, 20:10
:Erm: He is changing them as often as I change my socks :cwm24:

joebloggs
18th August 2009, 20:14

you change your socks once every 2 years :doh

i wonder if you will get called for an interview at the embassy, how long did his first marriage last ? a year, and he's married again :Erm:

Tiggers0608
18th August 2009, 20:15
:Erm:

means ur husband marriage to the ex-pinay wife is less than 2 years? :Erm: how long have u known ur husband b4 u 2 got married :Erm:

if its ok to ask,

well just good luck on your application :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Erm: coz the embassy might find something suspicious about their relationships and urs.:NoNo:

LadyJ
18th August 2009, 20:28

means ur husband marriage to the ex-pinay wife is less than 2 years? :Erm: how long have u known ur husband b4 u 2 got married :Erm:

if its ok to ask,

well just good luck on your application :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Erm: coz the embassy might find something suspicious about their relationships and urs.:NoNo:

That's a very good question!!

He might (or not) still married to a previous Filipina when he was courting you.

Pumpkins, Can you pls tell us when did you met your husband? Since when he is divorced to a ex-wife? and How many times you've seen him personally?

Sorry if I ask many questions, i hope you won't feel bad about this, we would like to help you but we need more info from you so we can work out the problem:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
18th August 2009, 20:45
I could probably make quite a good educated guess as to parts of this scenario and its participants :NoNo: the thing that struck me was Pumpkin using an angry emoticon when she mentioned his ex-wife :NoNo: This story certainly has a few twists and turns in the background :rolleyes:

vbkelly
18th August 2009, 23:18
hmmmm a bit suspicious and complicated lots of ?????????????

britishdetained
19th August 2009, 05:36
i agree. he was married two years ago...:Erm:then now ready to be married again?

pumpkin, have you and yopur husband knew each other well? coz the ECO wants to know if both of you knew each other enough to prove that the marriage is genuine. Some copules here have been together fro more than 3 years but then there are times that ECO denies the spousal visa, what for for your case as he just had a marriage in less than 2 years? Same here in the Philippines, before you can be married he will be checked as well here as he was previously married to a Filipina and the marriage is less than two years. So have you both got married already?

trader dave
19th August 2009, 05:42
pumpkin hellooooooooooooooo ARE YOU THERE:Erm:members need more info:Erm:

pumpkins
19th August 2009, 08:52
yes we knew each other so well more than you can ever imagine, inside and out..we not hiding anything ,we share everything.we have many photos, personal letters, emails and chat, skype calls to prove our relationship is genuine,actually we use skype calls every minute of every hour of everyday even he is at work , shopping ,do gradening ,visiting family etc. or even he poo.he always have headphone on his ears before exit his house and also we sleep together with the skype video call so its running for 24 hours.( people may think we are absolutely mad huh ), so the ECO can see the record on skype.we just got marriage this june..

aphrodite78
19th August 2009, 10:43
actually we use skype calls every minute of every hour of everyday even he is at work , shopping ,do gradening ,visiting family etc. or even he poo.

please spare us with the details... we get it you are madly in love. maybe the eco wouldn't want to know that :yikes:

pumpkins
19th August 2009, 10:51
he he he yes you are right..sorry about poo poo

pennybarry
19th August 2009, 11:10
Wish you luck on your applications!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sometimes, it is really the wife that is the caused of divorced, but we also need more cautious if he has ex pinay wife. It may repeat the history itself.

My hubby has ex pinay GF, but he met her in London and offered her marriage 3 times. This Pinay preferred to be single Mom as hubby said, she can claim more benefits if she is single Mom. They separated for 5 years and met me and willing to marry him so no problem. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nobody knows, how successful is your relationships someday!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
19th August 2009, 11:30
I heard a tale of a serial bigamist in the Visayas years ago,he was american though,had a fetish for marrying pinays :Erm: Theres certainly some strange individuals around and thats the truth,present company excepted of course :icon_lol:

Sophie
19th August 2009, 13:11

or your avatar :Erm: lol :D:D:icon_lol:

Ji&Ma
19th August 2009, 13:16
or your avatar :Erm: lol :D:D:icon_lol:

He's changing his avatar much more often than socks :omg::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
19th August 2009, 13:19

Theres a few guys in UK who have been married to more than one Pinay,and the divorced wife hasnt had to return back to pinas,methinks he isnt telling you the truth,and as has already been said..............You might be NEXT:cwm24::omg:

makes me wonder too :Erm: anyway, i wish you and your hubby all the best pumpkins...
and best of luck on your visa application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
19th August 2009, 13:21
He's changing his avatar much more often than socks :omg::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

he certainly does, lol :D but i guess with women, he changes every 5 or more years, lol :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
19th August 2009, 13:36
Some guys are cavalier in their relationships,not me :xxgrinning--00xx3: I change my socks twice a day,my washing machine is always filled with odd-socks :Erm: I wonder what happems to the missing sock from the pair?:Erm:

Sophie
19th August 2009, 13:43
Some guys are cavalier in their relationships,not me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You sure are in the right path tawi, keep that up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Stuartpauldavis
21st August 2009, 09:31
WOW!
Can some of you guys try actually try supporting Pumpkin here!. Some of you are so negative and judgemental...straight away "aromulus" jumps to the conclusion that Pumpkins hubby may "dump" her so to be careful ect as his first marriage to a Filipina ended so soon (less thn 2 years)...but why do you assume the failure of this marriage was down to him?, who is to say he was not the victim?, maybe his ex used him purely for a visa as sadly these cases do still sometimes exist...good & bad everywhere so easy to assume the Brit guy is the villain divorcing so soon his poor Filipina wife but the fact is it may well be the other way around...would some of you think and react the same way if the ex-wife was British??...it seems strange to me that a fair few guys on here are on 2nd marriage having been married-divorced to a British woman previously and this is ok, no need to set those alarm bells ringing ect and yet this guy just cause his ex is Filipina and marriage broke down so soon well...some of you seemed to have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5!!...further more Pumpkin already states that the ex had another guy and so would seem to have cheated and left her hubby for her lover so what should the guy do? stay legally married to her just because the marriage is less than 2 years old??...if he has since gone on to meet Pumpkin and find happiness whilst his divorce is going through then good luck to him..."Tawi" and i know these threads are often the source of humour & jest but your comment of Pumpkins hubby changing his wife more often than his socks is at best insensitive & crass...how does that make Pumpkin feel reading that about her hubby??...shame on you...again i refer back to points made above...if his ex cheated and left him then what was he to do?, would you make such remarks if the guys ex was British and the marriage had lasted say 5 years??...would he then be "changing wives like he changes socks" ??...having a joke is one thing but posting such comments for Pumpkin to read is thoughtless and could be hurtful...maybe some of you need to think a little before you rush to post...well done Lady J for a more balanced response!...good luck to you and your hubby Pumpkin, as long as you have done everything in the correct manner and legally as it appears you have then you should have no problems...just be honest within your application and supply as much evidence as possible to ECO and god willing within a few months you will be together!.

britishdetained
21st August 2009, 10:21
yes we knew each other so well more than you can ever imagine, inside and out..we not hiding anything ,we share everything.we have many photos, personal letters, emails and chat, skype calls to prove our relationship is genuine,actually we use skype calls every minute of every hour of everyday even he is at work , shopping ,do gradening ,visiting family etc. or even he poo.he always have headphone on his ears before exit his house and also we sleep together with the skype video call so its running for 24 hours.( people may think we are absolutely mad huh ), so the ECO can see the record on skype.we just got marriage this june..

Thanks Pumpkin...well if you got married already then the ECO will be fair enough to consider or look at on your application. No need then to worry about the ex-wife as since the marriage is dissolved he can be legally remarried and have you to get to UK.

goodluck

Tawi2
21st August 2009, 10:48
Do you think my comment was crass Stuart?If that was the case it wasnt really originally the intention and I would apologise,but,and theres always a but isnt there?Her husbands Ex wife had another guy,how do we know?Because "He" said so,ok thats cool,and he was obviously madly in love with her right because he went out and got married within a short space of time once again to a pinay :rolleyes:Theres black,theres white,and there are dozens of shades of grey in between,none of us know the true story except the guy and his ex,but experience is a good teacher,travel broadens the mind so they say,I have met several multiple pinay marriage guys,I am not a psychologist,I can hazzard guesses,but not saying thats pertinent to this particular case just throwing pebbles into the pond,the waters not always clear :rolleyes:

joebloggs
21st August 2009, 11:07
what i've said is my opinion, and with his previous marriage not lasting long at all, how long did it last ? the embassy i think will ask her to attend an interview, maybe i'm wrong :doh

but as always good luck from me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
21st August 2009, 12:25
There's seems a complication in your situation:Erm::NoNo:

I am replying to your post as I don't like you to come into the UK with a complicated situation about the EX-WIFE nightmare :furious3::angry::Brick: maybe you will be granted a visa but your status still questionable:NoNo:I can relate to some and I am trying to be strong to my situation here in UK because of the help of my beloved fil-uk members here.

ALL I CAN SAY YOU ARE STILL LUCKY YOU ARE IN THE PHILIPPINES suffering those worries and aware with such complication that may affect your status with your husband. You have your family there to guide you and support you to keep you strong:bigcry:. Let your husband ask advice from a solicitor here in UK if the papers he got are all GENUINE AND ACCEPTED IN UK LAW before you applied the visa.

trader dave
21st August 2009, 16:02
he he he yes you are right..sorry about poo poo

I LIKE YOUR STYLE :xxgrinning--00xx3: your being open honest and direct :Hellooo: i am not a prude i dont worry about tae:icon_lol:

sorry i am still lost on this one but stuart does have a point or 2 sometimes us all can be a little quick to judge i like a balanced debate

aphrodite78
21st August 2009, 16:58
hi stuartpauldavis and pumpkin,

i understand where you are coming from and i am just speaking for myself and for my experience alone. if i made pumpkin felt that i am being judgemental then i apologise. but reiterating my question i have asked her the reason why the marriage ended as it has a big impact on applications not because of his nationality but it's bcos of the duration of the relationship i.e. marriage. you have to bear in mind that for pumpkin to be able to satisfy the requirements in coming to the uk on a spouse visa following will have to be satisfied: (taken from ukvisas.gov.uk site)
1. you are legally married to each other or are in a civil partnership recognised in the UK
2. your husband, wife or civil partner is present and settled in the UK (see the next section)
3. you both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or as civil partners
you also have to bear in mind that eco's are like you and me, i.e. HUMAN, they see your application like how we see it the only difference is they do this as their living. applications are not scored by machines they are evaluated based on their judgement, etc. i trully hope pumpkin you succeed on your application and good luck you will be needing it not because of your situation but rules and guidance is getting stricter and stricter everyday.

pumpkins
22nd August 2009, 01:37
thanks to you stuartpauldavis..all what u said are on my mind too but am filipina and i try to construct english here so i could'nt say it..again thanks for you

as for tawi,my husband and i share everything our past just before we met and we exchanged each other passwords for email,the email that he use for work , friends family and even banks, we have not even met yet but we trust each other so much.. he let me to read his emails, the emails that he sent to a friend ,solicitor for divorce ,family the stories are the same about his ex-wife fooled her big time...
how could you be with your wife if she tells you "divorce me because i will keep being unfaithful to you" and then pack her things..she did that just after my husband dad died..
anyway, this is enough story now coz there are many..

for you guys who replied to my post thanks for your time..i accept good or bad comments here because i know guys you dont know the real story... but i was hoping we just share ideas here not to judge people..

i believe in my husband i love him so much

joebloggs
22nd August 2009, 03:54
you have to look at it from the embassy's point of view, he got married, it didn't last long, you've still not said how long they lived together as a married couple, and within the 2yrs of his ex-wife's visa, he's divorced and married again. I'm not judging or blaming anyone because i don't know the reasons or care to know, i'm just looking at the facts..

but i'm sure you will get your visa, not many spouse visa's are refused, and if it was you probably would win any appeal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

good luck thou :rolleyes:

pumpkins
22nd August 2009, 04:18
they lived together as married couple for 9 months...and after 5 months my husband and i start chatting ..it also same month when he got they divorced..

thanks for you joebloggs

joebloggs
22nd August 2009, 04:31
well you and your husband will have to decide whether you're going to explain about this in his letter of support or say nothing,

either way, as long as you have evidence its a genuine relationship and its not a marriage of convenience you should get your visa

so gather as much evidence AS possible

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ladybug_sim
22nd August 2009, 15:22
WOW!
Can some of you guys try actually try supporting Pumpkin here!. Some of you are so negative and judgemental...straight away "aromulus" jumps to the conclusion that Pumpkins hubby may "dump" her so to be careful ect as his first marriage to a Filipina ended so soon (less thn 2 years)...but why do you assume the failure of this marriage was down to him?, who is to say he was not the victim?, maybe his ex used him purely for a visa as sadly these cases do still sometimes exist...good & bad everywhere so easy to assume the Brit guy is the villain divorcing so soon his poor Filipina wife but the fact is it may well be the other way around...would some of you think and react the same way if the ex-wife was British??...it seems strange to me that a fair few guys on here are on 2nd marriage having been married-divorced to a British woman previously and this is ok, no need to set those alarm bells ringing ect and yet this guy just cause his ex is Filipina and marriage broke down so soon well...some of you seemed to have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5!!...further more Pumpkin already states that the ex had another guy and so would seem to have cheated and left her hubby for her lover so what should the guy do? stay legally married to her just because the marriage is less than 2 years old??...if he has since gone on to meet Pumpkin and find happiness whilst his divorce is going through then good luck to him..."Tawi" and i know these threads are often the source of humour & jest but your comment of Pumpkins hubby changing his wife more often than his socks is at best insensitive & crass...how does that make Pumpkin feel reading that about her hubby??...shame on you...again i refer back to points made above...if his ex cheated and left him then what was he to do?, would you make such remarks if the guys ex was British and the marriage had lasted say 5 years??...would he then be "changing wives like he changes socks" ??...having a joke is one thing but posting such comments for Pumpkin to read is thoughtless and could be hurtful...maybe some of you need to think a little before you rush to post...well done Lady J for a more balanced response!...good luck to you and your hubby Pumpkin, as long as you have done everything in the correct manner and legally as it appears you have then you should have no problems...just be honest within your application and supply as much evidence as possible to ECO and god willing within a few months you will be together!.

:) Hi! just good to hear some of your opinion too ... Well, they only give of what they think inside of their mind it is not mean a judgemental as I can say that we don't know the whole story so what ever the advice either negative or positive just take on it and learn something on it.. i know Pumpkin know the right things of what she did or she is the one to have a right decision of her life with her hubby we just give the posibelities or some things to think what next .. anyway, wish you luck Pumpkin and just always pray that all be fine with you and your Hubby .. nothing to worry about if it is your life to be with him soon .. trust and understand each other will be the best thing you can do and yes, trials are there but keep strong in life as it is life to go on :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pumpkins
25th August 2009, 08:02
after reading the replys you have kindly made, i want to make things more clear..my husband and I were leagally married in the phil after getting his certificate of no impediment from his local registry office after waiting 22 days and with divorce papers in hand we married..it was his ex-wife that left him not the other way around as some thought, again my fault i failed to explain correctly..sorry!...and i will spare you the horrible sad details but, the divorce was granted under the 'unreasonal behavior' banner and i will add it was uncontested..and as for my husband being a 'serial bigamist' his last marriage lasted 25yrs...he was taken for a ride, an expensive ride by a gold digging fillipina and her family, shame on them..my husband is a good hard working God fearing man who would hurt no one..and we are lucky where he can come here for long periods as well as being in constant contact 24/7...it was not his fault his last wife was satan..life is a test..its not all plane sailing....and do you know what, he regrets nothing becoz without the past he would not of found me..it's all God's wishes...those here what judged, let me ask you something...how would you feel after your wife told you that she wants a divorce becoz she intends to be unfaithful to you and then you go to your parents and unwittingly burden them with your heartache not realizing that no matter how old you are you will always be a child in there eyes and in course pass on your heartache to them then the following week your dad dies of a heart attack!!..the same day she empties your joint bank account and trashes your house!!, you tooo would feel bitter and hard done by at the time...my husband and i are only being careful very careful with our application because its a lot of money to loose so we are doing everything correct..he knows what he is doing with it and i too are following the adivce on the official visa web sites...i just posed this question in case there was others on here who have gone through our same experiences..again thank you for all your replys...

vbkelly
25th August 2009, 10:35
that's good pumpkin and goodluck

Ann07
25th August 2009, 10:44
Goodluck to your application Pumpkins:)