PDA

View Full Version : Sex-linked lexicology.............

Tawi2
20th August 2009, 19:18
Myth?Someone said to me today,well asked the question "Do I ever shut up"?I know I speak in my sleep but theres an assertion that women chat more than Guys women speak an average of 30,000 words a day? Compare this with an average of 12,000 a day for men?Is that true?Just wondering thats all,I mean we have all heard of the mean moody sullen types right?But what about the twitters,chatters,and generally loquacious guys?Do you chat more than your spouse?:Erm:

Sophie
20th August 2009, 20:36
Do you chat more than your spouse?:Erm:

If you ask my husband that question, he will answer a very strong "hell no!" :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
My husband is definitely the quiet one in our marriage, but don't all men always are??:Erm::Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

jimeve
20th August 2009, 20:38
if you ask my husband that question, he will answer a very strong "hell no!" :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
My husband is definitely the quiet one in our marriage, but don't all men always are??:erm::erm::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

no

Sophie
20th August 2009, 20:40
no

LOL, that's the first :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol: so i assume you talk more than your wife then :Erm::Erm::D:D:D:D

lizaphil
20th August 2009, 20:47
LOL, that's the first :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol: so i assume you talk more than your wife then :Erm::Erm::D:D:D:D

my hubby he never stop talking,he talk to everyone
i am the quit one:laugher::laugher::laugher:

Arthur Little
20th August 2009, 21:08
:Erm: Dare I say, my wife and I are BOTH friendly, outgoing types ... and proud of it!!

Sophie
20th August 2009, 21:30
my hubby he never stop talking,he talk to everyone
i am the quit one:laugher::laugher::laugher:

LOL, another exception, hehehe......and i thought all women talk more than men, i might be wrong, i guess it's not a myth then tawi :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Sophie
20th August 2009, 21:37
:Erm: Dare I say, my wife and I are BOTH friendly, outgoing types ... and proud of it!!

That's great arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3: I suppose with you and your wife's case, it's a draw then :xxgrinning--00xx3: as you are equally thesame and more of complement each other :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
20th August 2009, 21:37
Women are normally the verbally verbacious ones,why do pinays always shout on a mobile phone:Erm:and their stock answer is always without exception gagamiting ko ang phone nang matagal :icon_lol:My god even though they have just left their friends ten minutes ago they still feel the desire to ring them and continue the chat about absolutely nothing :Erm:But on the flip side I have met couples where the guy stands in the background and keeps schtum,not because he is the strong silent type,more to do with the fact his wife has him trained and he isnt allowed to speak unless invited to do so :NoNo:and how do women breath when chatting staccato style,is it like playing the didgeridoo breathing through the nose and simultaneously breathing/chatting through the mouth? :Erm:One of the true puzzles of nature :NoNo:

Sophie
20th August 2009, 21:50
Women are normally the verbally verbacious ones,why do pinays always shout on a mobile phone:Erm:and their stock answer is always without exception gagamiting ko ang phone nang matagal :icon_lol:My god even though they have just left their friends ten minutes ago they still feel the desire to ring them and continue the chat about absolutely nothing :Erm:

As a matter of fact, i think it's women who actually invented the "TELEBABAD' phenomenon, lol

IainBusby
21st August 2009, 09:19
Women are normally the verbally verbacious ones,why do pinays always shout on a mobile phone:Erm:and their stock answer is always without exception gagamiting ko ang phone nang matagal :icon_lol:My god even though they have just left their friends ten minutes ago they still feel the desire to ring them and continue the chat about absolutely nothing :Erm:But on the flip side I have met couples where the guy stands in the background and keeps schtum,not because he is the strong silent type,more to do with the fact his wife has him trained and he isnt allowed to speak unless invited to do so :NoNo:and how do women breath when chatting staccato style,is it like playing the didgeridoo breathing through the nose and simultaneously breathing/chatting through the mouth? :Erm:One of the true puzzles of nature :NoNo:

When my wife is speaking in Bisaya with her friends I sometimes think she's going to collapse. I sometimes say to her "take a breath". Somtimes I wonder if she could hold her breath underwater as long as she seems to talk without breathing.......:Erm: If she could she would probably hold some sort of world record.

KeithD
21st August 2009, 09:31
It appears that when Filipina's a speaking to each other in their native tongue, they are under the impression they are going to drop dead within the next minute and so they have to get through as many words as quickly as possible. :rolleyes:

britishdetained
21st August 2009, 10:14
Between Kevin and I -he is the one who has more things to say...especially on the argument:doh.

I used to say to me that his a nagging man:icon_lol:. I try not to say much during argument as I dont believe in adding flame to the fire. But when I start talking then he knows he will be in trouble:cwm24::D

IainBusby
21st August 2009, 11:28
It appears that when Filipina's a speaking to each other in their native tongue, they are under the impression they are going to drop dead within the next minute and so they have to get through as many words as quickly as possible. :rolleyes:

Very True! :Erm:

aposhark
21st August 2009, 12:33

And here's me thinking it was just my wife who was doing that :icon_lol:

I always put it down to her saving "load" on her phone.
Funny that she always spoke to me very slowly when she was in the Philippines and I was paying for the call in the UK :doh

aposhark
21st August 2009, 12:39
LOL, another exception, hehehe......and i thought all women talk more than men, i might be wrong, i guess it's not a myth then tawi :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D

Have to hold my hand up and admit I am the chatty one mostly.
Chel sometimes says I am like a chicken when I am trying to explain something in detail to her.
I am not sure what that means but I am sure it is not nice to me :omg:

Does this mean I am hen-pecked then :icon_lol:

It takes me half of my day explaining what these English expressions are to her also. The strain.......the strain........:rolleyes:

aposhark
21st August 2009, 12:41
When my wife is speaking in Bisaya with her friends I sometimes think she's going to collapse. I sometimes say to her "take a breath". Somtimes I wonder if she could hold her breath underwater as long as she seems to talk without breathing.......:Erm: If she could she would probably hold some sort of world record.

My wife phoned her Mum the other day, I have never heard anyone speak so fast :yikes:

aposhark
21st August 2009, 12:42
Myth?Someone said to me today,well asked the question "Do I ever shut up"?I know I speak in my sleep but theres an assertion that women chat more than Guys women speak an average of 30,000 words a day? Compare this with an average of 12,000 a day for men?Is that true?Just wondering thats all,I mean we have all heard of the mean moody sullen types right?But what about the twitters,chatters,and generally loquacious guys?Do you chat more than your spouse?:Erm:

We only speak about interesting things though :yikes::D

trader dave
21st August 2009, 13:51
:Erm: have never met a pilipina who could not talk anyone else under the table:Erm: yet:icon_lol::icon_lol: yap yap yap rabbit rabbit rabbit ffs :doh slow down :icon_lol: stop shouting on that phone:icon_lol::Erm:

Florge
21st August 2009, 14:02
hahaha.... i remember when my mom and i were in the car talking... my bf suddenly blurted out and say "ladies, ladies.. calm down please.. no need to argue"... but we weren't arguing!!.. just told him that we were talking "animatedly".... LOL

jencha8569
21st August 2009, 14:26
My husband says im a blabber mouth total lie:icon_lol:
He too thinks in phils we speak loud, always texting and on the phone.
I remember i was talking on mobile to my father in manila i didnt noticed that
i was talking out loud in waray-waray, he tells me to stop coz
everyone looking at me with eyes rolling:doh

lenlen
21st August 2009, 17:14

Hey tawi2.
It depends. My husband is more chatty to anyone than me.If you must know.He like to talk to everything from politics to anything.He is very strong man.I am quite one.

jimeve
21st August 2009, 20:22
lol, that's the first :d:d:icon_lol::icon_lol: So i assume you talk more than your wife then :erm::erm::d:d:d:d

no