PDA

View Full Version : The good news is....

Sis Suze
25th August 2009, 03:15
I found a company locally for balikbayan boxes...woo hoo! Have already started collecting stuff so thanks everyone for your help and advice :D:D

xxx

IainBusby
25th August 2009, 12:00
I found a company locally for balikbayan boxes...woo hoo! Have already started collecting stuff so thanks everyone for your help and advice :D:D

xxx

I knew there would definately be a balikbayan box company in Birmingham somewhere. I know the are many Filipino's in that area and I'll bet there are quite a few boxes shipped from there every year.
Iain.

scott&ligaya
25th August 2009, 15:11
I will check with our local filipino church group in Woodgate Valley/Weoley Castle who they use and let you know

Sis Suze
29th August 2009, 00:16
Well, I have my box!!! :D
A 24" x 24" x 24" cardboard box brought yo me by the lovely Narissa and her husband and son! All I have to do now is fill it up before October 17th!! :cwm24: I had it expalined to me how to pack it etc and I have so far used two rolls of packing tape to reinforce the box itself before loading it :Cuckoo: I wonder has anyone got any good idea to safe guard the integrity of these boxes as they travel 9,000 miles! I have more tape which I shall be using but I'm concerned about the integrity of the base of the box with all the weight going in there....any advice appreciated.

I'm quite excited now about sending it (I'm trying not to think of the shipping costs :Cuckoo:) and so far, I have a printer, a coffee machine, an electric mixer, bakeware, some toys for the children,food containers (good quality) bath and shower gels, toothpaste, tooth brushes, tampons, shampoo, curtains, sheets, towels, a pillow and a few tins of meat and fish!!! Oh and some coffee! I need to hang fire until I start to pack it all now coz to be honest, the box isn't as big as I expected it to be and I'm worried I won't fit all this in.:doh

Anwya, any suggestions for securing the base of the box so it holds the weight would be very much appreciated please.
xxxxx

trader dave
29th August 2009, 00:40
A 24" x 24" x 24" cardboard box brought yo me by the lovely Narissa and her husband and son! All I have to do now is fill it up before October 17th!! :cwm24: I had it expalined to me how to pack it etc and I have so far used two rolls of packing tape to reinforce the box itself before loading it :Cuckoo: I wonder has anyone got any good idea to safe guard the integrity of these boxes as they travel 9,000 miles! I have more tape which I shall be using but I'm concerned about the integrity of the base of the box with all the weight going in there....any advice appreciated.

I'm quite excited now about sending it (I'm trying not to think of the shipping costs :Cuckoo:) and so far, I have a printer, a coffee machine, an electric mixer, bakeware, some toys for the children,food containers (good quality) bath and shower gels, toothpaste, tooth brushes, tampons, shampoo, curtains, sheets, towels, a pillow and a few tins of meat and fish!!! Oh and some coffee! I need to hang fire until I start to pack it all now coz to be honest, the box isn't as big as I expected it to be and I'm worried I won't fit all this in.:doh

Anwya, any suggestions for securing the base of the box so it holds the weight would be very much appreciated please.
xxxxx

once it is filled you literaly cover the whole thing in that sticky brown tape maybe 2 rolls of it, print out on your pc in large letters who is recieving it and there address i normaling put it on about 5 sides i then cover the address with clear cellotape then finish of with the brown tape you literaly cant see any of the box they do get bashed about but they do make it :D

Sis Suze
29th August 2009, 02:13
Well I have done that already before filling it to give it added strength then plan to do the same when it is closed.....is that really enough to stop them bursting open?

KeithD
29th August 2009, 09:24
Stuff screwed up newspaper into any gaps.

vbkelly
29th August 2009, 18:14

xxxxx

hi sis suze how much that costs? because i sent last month 2jumbo box's and 2regular box's for £200 going to visayas island

Sis Suze
23rd November 2009, 15:34
hi sis suze how much that costs? because i sent last month 2jumbo box's and 2regular box's for £200 going to visayas island

Hi, for some reason I missed this post from you back in August....don't know how :doh
It costs me £125 although on the Forex site it says a large box is £120 :cwm24:

Who did you use? Can you give me a number please or a contact address?
Thanks

Sis Suze
xxxxx

vbkelly
23rd November 2009, 18:05
Hi, for some reason I missed this post from you back in August....don't know how :doh
It costs me £125 although on the Forex site it says a large box is £120 :cwm24:

Who did you use? Can you give me a number please or a contact address?
Thanks

Sis Suze
xxxxx

i used mendieta cargo forwarders address #60 shields road, byker, newcastle upon tyne NE6 1DR here's their tel no.01912651302/01912405702 and mobile no. 07930652068/07917181729 jumbo box with regular box for luzon just only £80 and free pick up, visayas and mindanao jumbo box £100 with free regular box.

Sis Suze
23rd November 2009, 18:47
i used mendieta cargo forwarders address #60 shields road, byker, newcastle upon tyne NE6 1DR here's their tel no.01912651302/01912405702 and mobile no. 07930652068/07917181729 jumbo box with regular box for luzon just only £80 and free pick up, visayas and mindanao jumbo box £100 with free regular box.

Thanks for that, will enquire if they have a contact in the West Mids...were you happy with their service?

vbkelly
23rd November 2009, 20:09
Thanks for that, will enquire if they have a contact in the West Mids...were you happy with their service?

welcome sis suze, yes it's a good service im gonna use them again by january. no doubt sulit talaga!

Sis Suze
23rd November 2009, 20:31
Fantastic Thanks for that info.xx

jonathan47
23rd November 2009, 23:21
to strength the box i have used gaffa or duck tape its silver and very very strong !!! and if you wrap it all the way round the box and cover it as already suggested it will make it ...
as an aside i sent a box by parcelforce !!! doh !!! before i knew about these types of companies i am still learning all things philippino hehehe cost me 75 quid for very small box sent it on the 10th november and still waiting !!!

hoo hum

Pete67
24th November 2009, 14:45
There is a Philippino shop in Worthing www.pinoymart.co.uk what does them,