PDA

View Full Version : FLR Waiting period

RuBiX
25th August 2009, 14:07
Hi to all! I would just like to ask how long till you get your FLR visa?
I'm waiting for a month now and my fiancee visa is already expired..
Hope it will come soon...:)

Ann07
25th August 2009, 14:18

Hi

It takes longer this time. During my time 2007 took me a month. DOnt worry about your fiancee expiration date as long as they have your flr application before the visa expired no worries at all.

Hope you will get it soon. Goodluck:)
ANn

PAT
25th August 2009, 14:40
Hi

It takes longer this time. During my time 2007 took me a month. DOnt worry about your fiancee expiration date as long as they have your flr application before the visa expired no worries at all.

ANn

Hi Ann07,your reply is realy a help to me,just post my new thread regarding this matter,I didnt find this thread earlier...thanks

Ann07
25th August 2009, 14:43
Hi Ann07,your reply is realy a help to me,just post my new thread regarding this matter,I didnt find this thread earlier...thanks

I did reply to your thread:) Hope u read it. Ask you some question there and from there we can proceed hehehehe:) Nae bother:)

PAT
25th August 2009, 14:59

Hello RuBix,hope you dont mind me asking about the documets you attached in your flr application,dont want to miss anything,also when did you apply for your identity card?did you ammend your passport first?if so how long did it take?Thanks and good luck :):):

RuBiX
25th August 2009, 15:36
Hi PAT! I sent the FLR(M) form with the orig marriage certificate,my passport and hubby's passport,payslips, bank statements.I just followed the requirements in the Home Office site http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/extendingyourstay/applicationtype/flr(m)/
I applied the identity card the same time as FLR.I sent it by post, after a week I got a letter for biometric application and phoned for an appointment. I ammended my passport first so I can use the married name. But when I was in the biometric center they have my maiden name. So I told them it's already ammended and its in page 3 of my green passport. Ammendment of passport takes 3 days- 1 week. Anyway, I will change my green passport into maroon one when it expires on 2012, just as FLR will expire.. So hope it will just be in the right time...Good luck to all of us here...Whereabouts are you PAT?(if you don't mind me asking..Have a lovely day!!!;)

classygirl
25th August 2009, 17:07

Hi Rubix,I've got mine last month and it took me 2 1/2 months of waiting.And for my ID,the letter from HO said that I will receive it within 7 days after my FLR approval but it took almost 3 weeks before I receive it.But the feeling is great when you have it in your hand.Don't worry- you will have yours soon. :)

kimmi
25th August 2009, 18:39

hi Ruby,

First, Goodluck with ur FLR application, like sis Ann have said yes it took longer now but as long as u submit it before ur visa expiration there will be no problem..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

RuBiX
25th August 2009, 19:47
Hi classygirl. Thanks! Are you working now? Whereabouts are you in UK? Yes, hope it will come soon;)

classygirl
26th August 2009, 10:25
Hi classygirl. Thanks! Are you working now? Whereabouts are you in UK? Yes, hope it will come soon;)

At the moment I am not working.We are schedule to go on holiday this October so after the holiday I will start looking for a job seriously. I am from Bristol,how about you?

PAT
26th August 2009, 15:08
Hi PAT! I sent the FLR(M) form with the orig marriage certificate,my passport and hubby's passport,payslips, bank statements.I just followed the requirements in the Home Office site http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/extendingyourstay/applicationtype/flr(m)/
I applied the identity card the same time as FLR.I sent it by post, after a week I got a letter for biometric application and phoned for an appointment. I ammended my passport first so I can use the married name. But when I was in the biometric center they have my maiden name. So I told them it's already ammended and its in page 3 of my green passport. Ammendment of passport takes 3 days- 1 week. Anyway, I will change my green passport into maroon one when it expires on 2012, just as FLR will expire.. So hope it will just be in the right time...Good luck to all of us here...Whereabouts are you PAT?(if you don't mind me asking..Have a lovely day!!!;)

Thanks for replying RuBix,I called Phil. Embassy yesterday and talked to a filipino man,he was asking the color of my passport and i told him its maroon,then he said i need to renew it first before it is ammended,my passport will expire on 2013...why you want to change your passport into maroon?...

DianaKevy
26th August 2009, 20:03
Thanks for replying RuBix,I called Phil. Embassy yesterday and talked to a filipino man,he was asking the color of my passport and i told him its maroon,then he said i need to renew it first before it is ammended,my passport will expire on 2013...why you want to change your passport into maroon?...

hi Pat . so that means your passport is also new and you are going to renew it.:doh ouch thats another spending. as for Rubix she will eventually change her green passport to maroon coz the green one will be abolished. all the passport will be using the maroon one already. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RuBiX
26th August 2009, 21:02
Yes you're right DianaKevy.I will have to change it on 2012. Oh you're from Cebu.I'm from Cebu too..Hello to all mga bisdaks!!!hehe..

smilinggirlfife
31st August 2009, 13:21
Hi Rubix,

Just wondering if yuo can help me here, I went for my biometric for flr(m) at the end of June 09 and UKBA have both our passports, we are still waiting on my visa. Now we have been waiting 9 weeks already and are due to fly back to Phils. on the 21st of Sept. 09.

Can you tell me if you know how long the processing time is for the flr(m)? as the UKBA won't tell us anything. I just thought you might of heard something we have not. Goodluck with your visa. Please if you find time can you get back to me.... Thanks..

RuBiX
31st August 2009, 17:56
Hi smilinggirlfife,

I have been waiting for 6 weeks now. I heard from the other members here that they got their visas 2-3 months. As far as I can remember it stated in the HO letter if you have an urgent flight and you need your passport, you can phoned them why you need it so.

rayofLight
30th October 2009, 10:02
Hi

ANn

Hi Ann07,
is it... still ...possible to apply FLR, 1week before the fiancee visa expired...?.....no number of days requiered before the expiration of the visa...thankyou.....

Ady
9th November 2009, 10:15
Hi Ann07,
is it... still ...possible to apply FLR, 1week before the fiancee visa expired...?.....no number of days requiered before the expiration of the visa...thankyou.....

It is possible, but not recommended.

I would suggest, in that situation, that you make an appointment and apply in person - postal delays could really affect you.

We applied 2 weeks before by post (IIRC) cheque was cashed on September 23rd and Visa expires 30 September. Still waiting for news.

abby
9th November 2009, 16:43
hey guys... whats the advantage of chosing the premium in FLR which it cost 200pounds over the postal? would you recommend the premium one, submit the application in person? soory for interrupting the thread with new topic..

thanks a lot.

Ady
9th November 2009, 18:21
The Premium service gets you a result on the same day (if straightforward case). Postal - well ours is still being processed (6 weeks later) - but we have £200 to spend on furniture in our new house. Shei can't get work at the moment anyhow - so it made sense to go postal for us.

abby
9th November 2009, 19:08
thanks ady, thats a big help...

did your wife ammend her passport and use youre surname? if then, how long did it takes?

darren-b
9th November 2009, 19:23
It is possible, but not recommended.

I would suggest, in that situation, that you make an appointment and apply in person - postal delays could really affect you.

We applied 2 weeks before by post (IIRC) cheque was cashed on September 23rd and Visa expires 30 September. Still waiting for news.

Always use special delivery especially when posting it late. So long as you have the proof of posting it's not actually a problem if they don't receive it until after your visa expires - it's the posting date that is important.

In some ways it's better to post rather than to go in person as it is feasible you might not actually make the appointment (car breaks down, be too ill to go that day, etc).

Ady
9th November 2009, 20:20
thanks ady, thats a big help...

did your wife ammend her passport and use youre surname? if then, how long did it takes?

Abby,

We didn't amend her passport - but I would recommend that you do so - if you have time. For us, I was in the middle of buying a house - so some of my documents were with the solicitor and it became too hectic to get everything together in time.

I have heard that the Philippine Embassy are very hospitable and will change passports in a relatively small period of time.

Ady
9th November 2009, 20:24
Always use special delivery especially when posting it late. So long as you have the proof of posting it's not actually a problem if they don't receive it until after your visa expires - it's the posting date that is important.

In some ways it's better to post rather than to go in person as it is feasible you might not actually make the appointment (car breaks down, be too ill to go that day, etc).

Yes, good point. Always use Special Delivery - not just for proof of posting, but you are sending some very sensitive documents so security is an issue.

I would only advise going in person if you live close to a UKBA centre, if you have a good chance of getting work within a short period of time (I'm in South Wales lol, so that is not really a factor), if you need your passport in a few weeks to travel (i.e. holiday, or going back home suddenly), or if you simply want the result now. If you can wait for the result, then posting is the best and cheapest option. I don't like giving the banks (I mean GOVERNMENT) more money than I already give them so the extra £200 was something I was unwilling to pay given the options.

darren-b
10th November 2009, 08:11
Abby,

We didn't amend her passport - but I would recommend that you do so - if you have time. For us, I was in the middle of buying a house - so some of my documents were with the solicitor and it became too hectic to get everything together in time.

I have heard that the Philippine Embassy are very hospitable and will change passports in a relatively small period of time.

I don't think many people do amend so it's not really an issue if you don't and unless you have lots of time I wouldn't risk it.

And if you have a machine readable passport the Embassy will not amend it anyway - you have to renew it instead.

abby
10th November 2009, 10:36
i have a green passport and it will be expired on 2012...

Bluebirdjones
10th November 2009, 10:43
Mrs Bluebirdjones had/has similar passport.

Some time after getting married we popped into the Philippine Embassy to
both register the marriage, and to amend her name in the passport.

... arrived at 10.15am .... passport ready for collection at 4.00pm.

The "name" amendment is merely an additional entry a couple of pages back.
We then applied for the FLR (for which we are STILL waiting) in her married
name, as both evidenced by the marriage certificate and her passport.

Stay lucky... and keep warm !

abby
10th November 2009, 10:55
wow.. that was so quick?

thanks for the info!

thedug
22nd November 2009, 18:43

Hi there. We applied for my wife's ILR visa recently. We submitted the application in mid July and received everything back at the end of October so I would expect the FLR timescales to be similar. Hope this helps, I feel for you as the waiting is the worst part. Good luck

Bluebirdjones
24th November 2009, 12:50
Submitted 27 August
... returned almost immediately as photos were not "acceptable"
Re-submitted 3 Sept

.... approved and returned today (24 Nov)

... with ID card to follow "within 7 days".

..... so, as per others, still looks like a 3 month clearance/waiting period.

PAT
24th November 2009, 14:05
Submitted 27 August
... returned almost immediately as photos were not "acceptable"
Re-submitted 3 Sept

.... approved and returned today (24 Nov)

... with ID card to follow "within 7 days".

..... so, as per others, still looks like a 3 month clearance/waiting period.

Congrats to your wife flr applicatiob Bluebirds.....

Florge
24th November 2009, 14:36
Mrs Bluebirdjones had/has similar passport.

Some time after getting married we popped into the Philippine Embassy to
both register the marriage, and to amend her name in the passport.

... arrived at 10.15am .... passport ready for collection at 4.00pm.

The "name" amendment is merely an additional entry a couple of pages back.
We then applied for the FLR (for which we are STILL waiting) in her married
name, as both evidenced by the marriage certificate and her passport.

Stay lucky... and keep warm !

hmmm.. so would that work also in my case: green passport expires on june 2010.. wedding will take place in january... fiancee visa expires on 1st of march...

so would you advice that i renew and update first then apply for flr (which we will apply by post)?

anyone can also advice me please... i am concerned on the waiting times... wouldn't want to apply for flr and have to wait so long that my passport would expire already... hayyy....

September
24th November 2009, 15:55
hmmm.. so would that work also in my case: green passport expires on june 2010.. wedding will take place in january... fiancee visa expires on 1st of march...

so would you advice that i renew and update first then apply for flr (which we will apply by post)?

anyone can also advice me please... i am concerned on the waiting times... wouldn't want to apply for flr and have to wait so long that my passport would expire already... hayyy....

as simple as this if you like to put your spouse name on your national card then renew your passport but if u like carry on your single name on national ID then no worries to renew rush ur passport, my opinion

but since you'll passport will expire soon i would suggest renew your passport first b4 apply for FLR,at least nk 2 putok ka isang bala lng :icon_lol: kasi rerenewhin mo din soon,i renew mo na din lng pr isa effort lng po

Florge
24th November 2009, 16:52
as simple as this if you like to put your spouse name on your national card then renew your passport but if u like carry on your single name on national ID then no worries to renew rush ur passport, my opinion

but since you'll passport will expire soon i would suggest renew your passport first b4 apply for FLR,at least nk 2 putok ka isang bala lng :icon_lol: kasi rerenewhin mo din soon,i renew mo na din lng pr isa effort lng po

got you on that... but as mentioned in my post, my visa will expire on march 1 (that's 4 weeks after the marriage will take place)..and the thing is, embassy website said that waiting period for renewal of passport would run for 4 to 6 weeks.. website is mute on whether they are referring to just new passport applications or would also cover renewals...in which case, that might pose as a problem when my fiancee visa would expire soon...

the question is not on whether i would want my spouse name in the visa or not.. my concern is actually the time frame when each of these processes would take place.... :doh