PDA

View Full Version : fiancee or spouse?

steadyfornow
1st September 2009, 06:13
hello folks..im back..we have decided that we will go either fiancee or marriage visa..we gotta do whatever will be best for us just to be together..we were supposed to file the vis this sept but unfortunately we lost all our chat logs from july to mid august bec the laptop that ive been using has been reformat..oh well..lucky me..lol..anyway so we came up with the idea of him going back again so we could have stronger evidence..take lots of pictures the apply..and on the other side if possible we will take the outher route which is sppuse..only if he could stay here for 3 mos..bec we wouyld like to find out as well if we could really be togther for reall.we couldnt have mistakes about it cos it freaking serious..so we want to be sure..and i cant marry this year bec of some superstitious belief which is sukob..my sister got married this year so i have to wait till january though i hardly believe on it..do you think guys it will be possible for him to find a job here for 3 mos?and what are the things that we need to settle..thank you..:)

scottishbride
1st September 2009, 07:22
You mean your finacee wants to work here in Philippines for 3 months? If he's going to work here, he might ended up going back to the UK because right now there is not much job vacancy here in the Philippines and for sure he will not be happy with the salary.:NoNo:

darren-b
1st September 2009, 07:47
You mean your finacee wants to work here in Philippines for 3 months? If he's going to work here, he might ended up going back to the UK because right now there is not much job vacancy here in the Philippines and for sure he will not be happy with the salary.:NoNo:

The other problem is if he will have employment to go back to. If he hasn't got a job in the UK it may prove difficult to apply for a spouse visa.

scottishbride
1st September 2009, 08:07
Money makes the world go round and will keep the ECO happy!:D

KeithD
1st September 2009, 08:54
Ask him if he would work for £5 a day in the UK with no labour rights, if he says no, then he won't work in the Phil!

steadyfornow
1st September 2009, 11:10
Ask him if he would work for £5 a day in the UK with no labour rights, if he says no, then he won't work in the Phil!

:icon_lol:thanks for the replies everyone..he is much aware of the salary that he can get here..so he said it will only be for three months..i think you guys have a point that if he will be leaving his job then he wouldnt be able to prove his financial stability but then he is alreADY thinking of quitting his job and been applying for a new one..he is working as a chef now..i dunno..im really confused with all the ideas that are coming up..i hope you guys could help us on what is best for us..thanks..

Florge
1st September 2009, 14:02
he can only work here if he applies for a working visa... most companies are requiring that... i would still go for fiancee visa if your plan is to make sure if you can live together.. that's a very good plan... good luck!

steadyfornow
1st September 2009, 15:54
[QUOTE=Florge;169532]he can only work here if he applies for a working visa... most companies are requiring that... i would still go for fiancee visa if your plan is to make sure if you can live together.. that's a very good plan... good luck![/

really even if he is half filipino?

LEAHnew
1st September 2009, 16:52
[QUOTE=Florge;169532]he can only work here if he applies for a working visa... most companies are requiring that... i would still go for fiancee visa if your plan is to make sure if you can live together.. that's a very good plan... good luck![/

really even if he is half filipino?

:Erm: is your partner has a dual citizenship? If he still holding Filipino Passport then he can go back in Phil and can work there:Erm: ...don't worry about the chat archives if you have some evidences like pictures, email and any other evidences that he visited you that will be alright applying fiancee but of course a financial and accomodation proof that your partner can support you :)... and about the superstitious belief :Erm: well carry on if that what your family belief, respect it and wait for sometimes:rolleyes::)
btw may I ask how old are you and your partner?if you don't mind:D
if he's planning to visit you again that would be great enjoy and make the most of it:Hellooo:it's just a matter of sacrifices and patience in such a way you will be together in the end as long as you keep(both)the love in your heart. Goodluck:Hellooo:

steadyfornow
1st September 2009, 18:55
[QUOTE=steadyfornow;169607]

:Erm: is your partner has a dual citizenship? If he still holding Filipino Passport then he can go back in Phil and can work there:Erm: ...don't worry about the chat archives if you have some evidences like pictures, email and any other evidences that he visited you that will be alright applying fiancee but of course a financial and accomodation proof that your partner can support you :)... and about the superstitious belief :Erm: well carry on if that what your family belief, respect it and wait for sometimes:rolleyes::)
btw may I ask how old are you and your partner?if you don't mind:D
if he's planning to visit you again that would be great enjoy and make the most of it:Hellooo:it's just a matter of sacrifices and patience in such a way you will be together in the end as long as you keep(both)the love in your heart. Goodluck:Hellooo:

hey ms.leah i dont think he's holding a dual citizenship..yeah but we have another problem arising and that would be our financial aspect..he said he doesnt have anything on his bank account..though he has a stable job now..he is thinking of working here..leaving everything behind..and going back togther..so how do you think it will be possible for us..yeah..he then said that he will respect my family's decision and wait..yeah im 24 yo..and he is 28...yeah the only reason that he will be here is for us to have more proofs of being together..yup..its been real hard for both of us..being apart is a torture for both of us..thanks for the advice..the last line was what i really needed now..

darren-b
2nd September 2009, 06:20
[QUOTE=LEAHnew;169626]

hey ms.leah i dont think he's holding a dual citizenship..yeah but we have another problem arising and that would be our financial aspect..he said he doesnt have anything on his bank account..though he has a stable job now..he is thinking of working here..leaving everything behind..and going back togther..so how do you think it will be possible for us..yeah..he then said that he will respect my family's decision and wait..yeah im 24 yo..and he is 28...yeah the only reason that he will be here is for us to have more proofs of being together..yup..its been real hard for both of us..being apart is a torture for both of us..thanks for the advice..the last line was what i really needed now..

I personally think that him giving up his stable job and moving to the Philippines for a few months and attempt to work is not a good idea. Even if he does get a job he's not going to earn that much money (less than the cost of your visa..). Assuming he's visit you at least once that is enough to apply for a fiancee visa - he doesn't have to live out in the Philippines for a few months. What he does though need to do is somehow build up some savings.

scottishbride
2nd September 2009, 09:34
I personally think that him giving up his stable job and moving to the Philippines for a few months and attempt to work is not a good idea. Even if he does get a job he's not going to earn that much money (less than the cost of your visa..). Assuming he's visit you at least once that is enough to apply for a fiancee visa - he doesn't have to live out in the Philippines for a few months. What he does though need to do is somehow build up some savings.

Totally agree!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

steadyfornow
2nd September 2009, 11:59
[QUOTE=steadyfornow;169666]

okay thanks a lot darren we were just really clueless on how we could make this application work and now i think somebodya gave him the idea of me getting a student visa..do you think this will help or will only hinder us from our plan of being together..:Erm:

neallie
2nd September 2009, 13:18
You should be 100% sure before making any application for spouse or fiancee visa. Its cases like this that make it so difficult for genuine applications, and even longer delays in processing genuine applications, this is exactly what the British government are trying to eliminate. It seems clear that you will go any route to obtain some sort of entry to the UK even by obtaining a false student visa. You need a genuine stable loving relationship to have a successful marriage, not a UK visa!!!:NoNo::NoNo:

steadyfornow
2nd September 2009, 13:38
You should be 100% sure before making any application for spouse or fiancee visa. Its cases like this that make it so difficult for genuine applications, and even longer delays in processing genuine applications, this is exactly what the British government are trying to eliminate. It seems clear that you will go any route to obtain some sort of entry to the UK even by obtaining a false student visa. You need a genuine stable loving relationship to have a successful marriage, not a UK visa!!!:NoNo::NoNo:

i appreciate youre reply neallie..but then who gave you an idea that we are not genuine with what we feel..we are 100 percent sure of it and we all have our own own equal rights to apply for a visa....its just that we are having some trouble with his financial capability..which makes us feel ****..we were just been told of that idea (STUDENT VISA)thats why i asked the guys here who are more knowledgeable with this aspect..and the reason why im here is to ask for help and not to question our relationship..cos we are sure of whatever we feel now..we both love each other..there's nothign to question about..if you can see he is willing to leave eveything behind for me and me as well..and im happy of where i am right now..i can have a comfortable lig\fe even here in the phil..the only reason why i wanna be in uk is to be with him..im not asking you to understand..i just hope you will leave some respect for other folks here..thanks though..:)

neallie
2nd September 2009, 14:00
hello folks..im back..we have decided that we will go either fiancee or marriage visa..we gotta do whatever will be best for us just to be together..we were supposed to file the vis this sept but unfortunately we lost all our chat logs from july to mid august bec the laptop that ive been using has been reformat..oh well..lucky me..lol..anyway so we came up with the idea of him going back again so we could have stronger evidence..take lots of pictures the apply..and on the other side if possible we will take the outher route which is sppuse..only if he could stay here for 3 mos..bec we wouyld like to find out as well if we could really be togther for reall.we couldnt have mistakes about it cos it freaking serious..so we want to be sure..and i cant marry this year bec of some superstitious belief which is sukob..my sister got married this year so i have to wait till january though i hardly believe on it..do you think guys it will be possible for him to find a job here for 3 mos?and what are the things that we need to settle..thank you..:)

Hang on a minute in your posting your the one who said "only if he could stay here for 3 mos..bec we wouyld like to find out as well if we could really be togther for reall." Doesnt sound very convincing to us!!:NoNo:

ca143
2nd September 2009, 17:19
oh dear.....dont be hurry to apply whatever visa going to UK if ur fiancee savings is not enough,wait the right time....coz genuine love can wait....if ur in hurry to appyl whatever visa while ur bf was in financial trouble it seems u pick a rock and punch on ur own head...ur putting ur future together on risk.....

darren-b
2nd September 2009, 18:48
[QUOTE=darren-b;169788]

okay thanks a lot darren we were just really clueless on how we could make this application work and now i think somebodya gave him the idea of me getting a student visa..do you think this will help or will only hinder us from our plan of being together..:Erm:

You may find you'll struggle to get a student visa - nowadays I believe you need over £7000 (550K PHP) in a bank account in your name (could be joint with someone else) to apply.

In my opinion fiancee visa is your best bet, it's just your fiance needs to get his finances sorted first to prove he can support you.

steadyfornow
3rd September 2009, 16:28
[QUOTE=ca143;169934]oh dear.....dont be hurry to apply whatever visa going to UK if ur fiancee savings is not enough,wait the right time....coz genuine love can wait....if ur in hurry to appyl whatever visa while ur bf was in financial trouble it seems u pick a rock and punch on ur own head...ur putting ur future together on risk.....[/QUOTE

i know love can wait right..:cwm34:cause i told him that it will take us more months since he doesnt have anything on his bank..cause i told him before to get ready with his bank statements..he said he have all of those since the bank is sending him everymonth..so i assumed there's money on it..yeah we talked about it and he said if the student visa is not 100% sure..we have to leave it behind..caus it might only mess up our plans..so we talked that we should just wait for the right time to apply when it can give us more chances of passing..we're just two depressed individual waiting to take our shot of being together..but ill keep ur advise in mind..thanks..:)

steadyfornow
3rd September 2009, 16:34
[QUOTE=steadyfornow;169866]

You may find you'll struggle to get a student visa - nowadays I believe you need over £7000 (550K PHP) in a bank account in your name (could be joint with someone else) to apply.

In my opinion fiancee visa is your best bet, it's just your fiance needs to get his finances sorted first to prove he can support you.

thats true i think i need to have some money in my bank account as well and i will also need a sponsor right?..he said we will do whatever is best for us..if there's nothing else to do but wait..then i would rather wait just to be with him..:)thanks thanks...

steadyfornow
3rd September 2009, 16:46
Hang on a minute in your posting your the one who said "only if he could stay here for 3 mos..bec we wouyld like to find out as well if we could really be togther for reall." Doesnt sound very convincing to us!!:NoNo:

if you are not convinced..then i respect that..everyone is entitled to their own opinion..and we know we can never pleased everbody..i still thank you though for making an effort to reply in my post..:)

darren-b
3rd September 2009, 16:46
[QUOTE=darren-b;169984]

thats true i think i need to have some money in my bank account as well and i will also need a sponsor right?..he said we will do whatever is best for us..if there's nothing else to do but wait..then i would rather wait just to be with him..:)thanks thanks...

You can't have a sponsor anymore for a student visa. You need to have the money upfront either in a bank account with your (or maybe your parent's) name on it.

You just need to persuade your fiancee to save as much money as he can for a few months to prove he can support you and then all being well your application will be successful.

LEAHnew
3rd September 2009, 17:24

:Erm: seems the quote jumping:D

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Goodluck:)

sammy
3rd September 2009, 19:44
hi
bearing in mind a fiance or spouse visa is more likely to be approved with good finances i.e at least £2-3,000 as savings, a place to stay in uk owned or rented (landlords permission). 6 months salary and bank statments the list goes on and on. Due to your finances dont be in too much of a hurry as you may leave something out, double check all the requirements needed, On our application we spent weeks and weeks checking the threads and posts on the site before we decided which one was best for us. I wish you good luck in your decision and application.

ca143
3rd September 2009, 20:16
me and hubby now know each other for just only 4 mos,meet 1 time,when i submitte my fiancee visa application i just had only 1 photo on it,but lot of supporting documents like bank accounts,pay slip and his land title of his home,i was granted my visa for 3 weeks no interview but that was back 2007.just sharing on u....

steadyfornow
4th September 2009, 19:11
me and hubby now know each other for just only 4 mos,meet 1 time,when i submitte my fiancee visa application i just had only 1 photo on it,but lot of supporting documents like bank accounts,pay slip and his land title of his home,i was granted my visa for 3 weeks no interview but that was back 2007.just sharing on u....

really..that was encouraging..uhmm..i hope we will get the same but first we have to sort things out..so we can go for the best application that will be good for us..and he needs to work on his savings first..thats a must..i just hope everything will be successful in time..thank you so much...

steadyfornow
4th September 2009, 19:17
hi
bearing in mind a fiance or spouse visa is more likely to be approved with good finances i.e at least £2-3,000 as savings, a place to stay in uk owned or rented (landlords permission). 6 months salary and bank statments the list goes on and on. Due to your finances dont be in too much of a hurry as you may leave something out, double check all the requirements needed, On our application we spent weeks and weeks checking the threads and posts on the site before we decided which one was best for us. I wish you good luck in your decision and application.

yep i told him that his bank account will be the first thing that the ECO will be checking..thank you for the infos..appreciate it a lot..

steadyfornow
4th September 2009, 19:19
[QUOTE=steadyfornow;170201]

You can't have a sponsor anymore for a student visa. You need to have the money upfront either in a bank account with your (or maybe your parent's) name on it.

You just need to persuade your fiancee to save as much money as he can for a few months to prove he can support you and then all being well your application will be successful.

then i guess we will just work on with the fiancee visa..thank you..