PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Road Deaths

scottishbride
2nd September 2009, 14:37
The situation seems to be getting worse by the day here, there are a lot more recorded incidents (deaths:omg:) on the roads. I have come to a point that I really don't want to travel outside Metro Manila and will avoid death road (EDSA) at all costs. My hubby always wants to roam around, he hates being in Manila too long, but hey our lives are at stake these days if we do travel to the likes of Subic or Tagaytay. Oh I can't wait to get to the UK, hubby has promised me a nice car :D when we do go over. We have a Honda at the moment and have had it for 3 years now and in those years we have had 7 people crash into us, even a high ranking politician who was a little :censored: and all of them have played the I am innocent card! We took the bus from Manila to Batangas City before taking a ferry to Puerto Galera, quite scarey really, the bus was a bit how can I say this kamikaze. Jeeeees we need a helicopter!:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Tawi2
2nd September 2009, 17:27
Someone once asked me which side of the road do they drive on in Pinas?My answer............Optional :icon_lol:Swiss guy I know over there has some tricycle driver smash into his motorbike,broke his leg and jaw,and my sons first degree cousin was killed last year when a lorry ran over him in CDO,and someone else I know had a motorcycle accident last month?He probably deserved it though because driving from Davao to Gensan he was an idiot :NoNo:

britishdetained
2nd September 2009, 17:40
Its true that many are being killed in road accidents here in the Philippines. Adding to it is the big numbers of motor bike related accidents which most of the time ends to fatality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbgQE806to&feature=related

trader dave
2nd September 2009, 17:43
YOU WAIT UNTILL YOU GET TO THE UK :icon_lol:we still have bad driving and many idiots on the roads, road rage ect and as for drunken thugs :icon_lol:they even make tv programmes about them :Brick: all the big citys are the same

believe me the uk is far from perfect as you will find out :icon_lol:

but i know what you mean about death roads in the philippines

scottishbride
2nd September 2009, 18:22
YOU WAIT UNTILL YOU GET TO THE UK :icon_lol:we still have bad driving and many idiots on the roads, road rage ect and as for drunken thugs :icon_lol:they even make tv programmes about them :Brick: all the big citys are the same

believe me the uk is far from perfect as you will find out :icon_lol:

but i know what you mean about death roads in the philippines

My hubby's parents have suggested we take up some driving lessons in the UK before we drive there for real, we have picked up some terrible habits here. His mother was proper :censored: when she saw how crazy it is here!:Brick::Brick:

trader dave
2nd September 2009, 18:43
My hubby's parents have suggested we take up some driving lessons in the UK before we drive there for real, we have picked up some terrible habits here. His mother was proper :censored: when she saw how crazy it is here!:Brick::Brick:

oooo yes i think that would be a good idea if you do those bad habits in the uk you could find you are subject to a lot of abuse :furious3: or worse driving in our major citys is dog eat dog i mean thats means unless you drive a little crazy you will never get where you want to go:icon_lol:

britishdetained
2nd September 2009, 18:49
oooo yes i think that would be a good idea if you do those bad habits in the uk you could find you are subject to a lot of abuse :furious3: or worse driving in our major citys is dog eat dog i mean thats means unless you drive a little crazy you will never get where you want to go:icon_lol:

One of those stupid bad habits of some here...they do not know how to use the signal:doh instead they shout or do this:UpYurs::xxangry-smiley-009: have you heard about people killing each other here due to some traffic problems:NoNo::NEW4::eek:

KeithD
2nd September 2009, 19:19
UK roads are near the top of the league for road safety. The USA is well below us with 44,000 deaths a year, so can you guess how many injuries!!!! :cwm24:

scottishbride
3rd September 2009, 05:28
UK roads are near the top of the league for road safety. The USA is well below us with 44,000 deaths a year, so can you guess how many injuries!!!! :cwm24:

That sounds promising, so my hubby should buy me a Mercedes or BMW when we get over to the UK, no more excuses!:)

IainBusby
3rd September 2009, 08:36
That sounds promising, so my hubby should buy me a Mercedes or BMW when we get over to the UK, no more excuses!:)

If he reads this he might change his mind about bringing you to the UK. :yikes::D :yikes:

miss.piggy
3rd September 2009, 10:15
UK roads are near the top of the league for road safety.

This is one of the things I like about the UK. There is so much effort to make roads safe for both drivers and pedestrians. In the Philippines, you can get a full driving license after 6 months of holding a student license. But that doesn't mean you learned to drive within six months. There are no tests to see if the person behind the wheels fully understand traffic signs and laws. Not even a single test to prove a driver can shift gears and know where the break pedal is! :doh

bornatbirth
3rd September 2009, 10:16
We took the bus from Manila to Batangas City before taking a ferry to Puerto Galera, quite scarey really, the bus was a bit how can I say this kamikaze.

me and my wife have taken the same trip,i cant say that i felt scared but a persons safety seems less important.

i have driven myself and found it not so bad,getting under taken and over taken by coaches at the same time and to find both coaches turning left and blocking the road does make me :D

what makes me :icon_lol: is when they all pile into a bottle neck junction and block the road for traffic coming the other way.

im sure you will see the difference when you get here.

trader dave
3rd September 2009, 15:09
If he reads this he might change his mind about bringing you to the UK. :yikes::D :yikes:

:yikes::yikes::yikes: ha ha just what i was thinking :doh

why not ask him for a bentley or an aston martin :Erm:your not aiming high enough :cwm24::cwm24:

scottishbride
3rd September 2009, 16:05
:yikes::yikes::yikes: ha ha just what i was thinking :doh

why not ask him for a bentley or an aston martin :Erm:your not aiming high enough :cwm24::cwm24:
I am sure he won't change his mind... :D As I requested it to him. But hey, your giving me an idea :Erm: you know I like SUV's since I'm a small girl and I like to feel bigger than my shoe size:xxgrinning--00xx3: