PDA

View Full Version : FLR form returned ... as "invalid"

Bluebirdjones
2nd September 2009, 23:21
Guys / girls

Anyone else had their FLR returned, with the following message...

"The application or claim must be accompanied by the photographs
as specified as mandatory in the application form and/or related
guidance notes"

I'm confused, as the photos we submitted are EXACTLY the same as the
one's in our relevant passports (which we also submitted).

Can someone translate... or suggest what they are trying to say ?
What they need ?

I'd obviously call .... but I know that'll get me nowhere.

AyinX
3rd September 2009, 03:48
hi!

when you said "exactly the same" as the ones on your passport, does it mean its an exact copy of it?

the only reason i might think that might cause the problem is when you submit old photos.. the one you should submit should be recent or taken within the last 6 months i think... just a thought

here's the info from their website:
Photo Specifications

Please provide a recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in colour and:

1. Taken against a light background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background (Please avoid white clothing if possible);
2. Clear and of good quality, and not framed or backed;
3. Printed on normal photographic paper;
4. Unmounted - 45 mm x 35 mm in size;
5. Full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless the applicant wears such items because of cultural or religious reasons.

Note : Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause a delay in processing your application.

darren-b
3rd September 2009, 05:33
hi!

when you said "exactly the same" as the ones on your passport, does it mean its an exact copy of it?

the only reason i might think that might cause the problem is when you submit old photos.. the one you should submit should be recent or taken within the last 6 months i think... just a thought

here's the info from their website:
Photo Specifications

Please provide a recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in colour and:

1. Taken against a light background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background (Please avoid white clothing if possible);
5. Full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless the applicant wears such items because of cultural or religious reasons.

Note : Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause a delay in processing your application.

Photos being more than 6 months old sounds likely to me as well if they are same ones as in your passports.

mrs traderdave
3rd September 2009, 06:59
Guys / girls

guidance notes"

What they need ?

I'd obviously call .... but I know that'll get me nowhere.hi bluebirdjones just go to the fuji studio and bring the specification right size and background bcoz in every country they have different sizes of visa pictures.the studio will going to ask u what country u are applying but so far ask i know here in cagayan there no stuio have uk visa pictures only,japan,usa,middle east,austrilia and other more: Please provide a recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in colour and:

Note : Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause a delay in processing your application

Ji&Ma
3rd September 2009, 08:22
Hi BB - check the document in this link: UKBA photoguide (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/photoguide/)
If you pics aren't made accordingly to these rules, they will be refused.
BTW - you say exactly the same as in passport...:Erm:
Does that mean they are taken against the "Royal Blue" background (standard for Phil passports but NOT allowed in UK)???

Bluebirdjones
3rd September 2009, 12:19
... managed to get hold of the person at UKBA

... the photos were returned because "she was smiling, and her mouth was open" !!!!!!!
(the same photo as per in her Filipino passport)

I kid you NOT !

What also annoys me, is that they returned EVERYTHING to us .... the bank statements,
the passports, the other supporting documents .... EVERYTHING !

Why the hell couldn't they hold onto it all.... and just await the new passport photos ????

Now I've gotta re-send it ALL again.

UNBELIEVABLE !

IainBusby
3rd September 2009, 13:06

... the photos were returned because "she was smiling, and her mouth was open" !!!!!!!

I kid you NOT !

What also annoys me, is that they returned EVERYTHING to us .... the bank statements,

Why the hell couldn't they hold onto it all.... and just await the new passport photos ????

UNBELIEVABLE !

Did they cash your cheque or did they return it to you?

Bluebirdjones
3rd September 2009, 13:25
Iain,

They hold onto it (cheque), and give u a 28 day "window" to re-submit.

... off to the Post Office this very minute.

Pepe n Pilar
3rd September 2009, 13:26

I kid you NOT !

UNBELIEVABLE !

Yes photos should not be smiling, this is always the normal procedure in passport photo taking. I remember when i had my photo taken in the Phils, the photographer told me to remove my earrings and should wear a top with a collar and/or with a blazer (which i was wearing that time). But when i filed for the FLR, i did smile a bit and with earrings well wore a blazer on that photos submitted:).

Perhaps they don't have a department for incomplete documents? hence they return everything to you. BEcause if they do have then that is additional embassy staff plus they need your money...Are you going to pay again?
Goodluck. HOpe you sort this out very soon. FLR processing takes more than a month nowadays?

Bluebirdjones
3rd September 2009, 13:33
Ji & Ma
... must be a light-coloured background
... and you must look as if you're sucking a lemon !

Pep & Pillar
... well, not really a lot in this country to smile about, but YES, should have
foreseen it, altho' with the biometric "mumble" to come as well, is it (smiling)
really relevant ?

Oh well ............. as Peter Green once said.

vbkelly
3rd September 2009, 17:18
Guys / girls

guidance notes"

What they need ?

how old your passport? if over 6months that means you need to submitt a new photos for your FLR application, they just want a new photo.

vbkelly
3rd September 2009, 17:24

I kid you NOT !

UNBELIEVABLE !

if the same photo in her philippine passport that means its an old photo they need a new one

lizaphil
3rd September 2009, 19:06
Guys / girls

guidance notes"

What they need ?

hi maybe you dont have enough documents to submit...because mine is the same picture of my passport also and that is old picture,
but i dont have any problem

joebloggs
6th September 2009, 01:10
Iain,

They hold onto it (cheque), and give u a 28 day "window" to re-submit.

... off to the Post Office this very minute.

at least they gave you 28 days to re-submit, how :cwm23: would you be if they refused your app and you had to pay again :doh

KeithD
6th September 2009, 09:21
:Erm: How do you smile with your mouth open! :Cuckoo: