PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea get lengthy transfer ban

Win2Win
3rd September 2009, 14:10
Chelsea are banned from signing any new players in the next two transfer windows by Fifa.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8236187.stm)

KeithD
3rd September 2009, 14:19
:yikes: I didn't see that head-on collision coming!

My guess it they'll appeal and it'll be dropped to one window, but they do seem to have picked Chelsea out for special treatment :NoNo: Still, rules is rules.

belfast_dude
3rd September 2009, 17:42
all clubs tap players...man city have been tapping lescott all summer

KeithD
3rd September 2009, 18:06
all clubs tap players...man city have been tapping lescott all summer
That's because it was the transfer window :doh

Matt7
3rd September 2009, 18:20
LOL

That is all

David House
3rd September 2009, 18:31
Good. As soon as we can return to some sanity in football I will start watching the Premier League again. The way it is run now has nothing whatever to do with a club's roots, only who has thrown money at it. The "supporters" are simply pawns in a money making game, there to decorate the stands for the TV cameras. Until then I will follow the lower leagues knowing the football I see is real. Chelsea are a prime example of everything which is wrong and along with Sky TV I would happily kick their owner out of the UK. I feel sorry for any longterm Chelsea supporters who must feel really uncomfortable at what has happened to their once genuine club.

belfast_dude
3rd September 2009, 19:54
oops...i made a little mistake...

tapping during the transfer window is cool....or is it?

tapping is tapping...all teams are guilty

somebody
3rd September 2009, 22:06
Agent Frank Arnesen thank you sir a huge sum for losing you and now this:D

People who know more of what was happening at Tottenham and from what I heard about Mr Arnesens past im glad he did move on although he was changing the team round at Spurs for the coach at the time.

Like David House rightly says I feel sorry for the fans who are the ones who really suffer.

With many of the key players at 30 or older and didn't they just release Shevchenko? Hope the contracts are all over 3 years long otherwise what happens then:Erm: Im guessing they cant extend contracts either?

Belfast Dude although quite a few clubs do sail close to the wind Frank took it to the extreme it seems.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/03/chelsea-fifa-transfer-ban-frank-arnesen

Although I have no love for the chelsea management, and the fans day to day:D
It does seem unfair the fans get punished like this. I hope somehow the management when they appeal end up the ones suffering somehow and the club/fans dont suffer or something out of their control:NoNo:

somebody
3rd September 2009, 22:13
:yikes: I didn't see that head-on collision coming!

My guess it they'll appeal and it'll be dropped to one window, but they do seem to have picked Chelsea out for special treatment :NoNo: Still, rules is rules.
I belive they were on a suspended sentence for similar:Erm: and man utd may wanna watch out as well.

I think they can only appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport other teams have already been punished inthis way as shown in the link so may not get off.

bornatbirth
3rd September 2009, 23:48
:icon_lol: lets wait until the team isnt doing so well and they want some new players :rolleyes:

Northerner
4th September 2009, 21:09
There was the faint sound of evil laughter amongst all my fellow Mancunians today... Hmmmmmm. :cwm29:

:devil-smiley-029:

somebody
5th September 2009, 20:26
Seen the latest a second french team are reporting the pensioners now.

Dom and Belfast Dude it maybe time to get your Boots out...

bornatbirth
5th September 2009, 20:29
Seen the latest a second french team are reporting the pensioners now.

Dom and Belfast Dude it maybe time to get your Boots out...

dont forget deadworth :D

aromulus
5th September 2009, 20:35
There was the faint sound of evil laughter amongst all my fellow Mancunians today... Hmmmmmm. :cwm29:

:devil-smiley-029:

dont forget deadworth :D

Fergie ain't in the clear....:NoNo:

bornatbirth
5th September 2009, 20:46
bigger teams have been buying up all the younger players for years,if they didnt try getting out of paying for them the teams wouldnt be in this mess?

Dedworth
5th September 2009, 20:53
Fergie ain't in the clear....:NoNo:

:D Here we go !

The transfer ban imposed on Chelsea could soon hit Manchester United, after Le Havre contacted Fifa about the circumstances surrounding the signing of Paul Pogba.

The Ligue 2 side, home to one of the finest soccer academies in France, have asked the world governing body to investigate the transfer of the 16-year-old midfielder, who left to join the Premier League champions last month.

http://itn.co.uk/72abc1ccd2e0bbf15d7058f3b962aa37.html

KeithD
6th September 2009, 09:29
They should have a ban on all transfers for anyone under 18.

Matt7
7th September 2009, 18:57
:D Here we go !

The transfer ban imposed on Chelsea could soon hit Manchester United, after Le Havre contacted Fifa about the circumstances surrounding the signing of Paul Pogba.

The Ligue 2 side, home to one of the finest soccer academies in France, have asked the world governing body to investigate the transfer of the 16-year-old midfielder, who left to join the Premier League champions last month.

http://itn.co.uk/72abc1ccd2e0bbf15d7058f3b962aa37.html

What are you smiling about at all? Your club can't buy anyone for two windows, as of now United can. Nothing to smile about I'd say.

Considering Le Havre didn't have a contract with Pogba but Lens did with Kakuta I'd say Le Havre don't really have a case. How can you induce someone to break a contract they don't have?

Dedworth
7th September 2009, 19:46
What are you smiling about at all? Your club can't buy anyone for two windows, as of now United can. Nothing to smile about I'd say.

Considering Le Havre didn't have a contract with Pogba but Lens did with Kakuta I'd say Le Havre don't really have a case. How can you induce someone to break a contract they don't have?

This is what Le Havre said on Saturday :BouncyHappy:

"The player had a no-hire agreement, and so had to sign his first contract in France," the Le Havre president told radio station France Info.

"But he didn't sign it because Manchester United contacted the parents and made astronomical and excessive financial propositions for a 15-year-old boy.

"We have submitted the case to FIFA. The letter to leave has not been agreed by the French Federation, so today FIFA has been referred.

"I hope we will get the same result [as the Kakuta case], which could justify to those clubs they can't do anything and they have rules to respect."

Manchester United insisted on Friday that they would challenge any punishment that may materialise as a result.

Hearing that gives me reason to grin not the usual lies and spin coming out of Sold Trafford

bornatbirth
7th September 2009, 19:50
This is what Le Havre said on Saturday :BouncyHappy:

"The player had a no-hire agreement, and so had to sign his first contract in France," the Le Havre president told radio station France Info.

"But he didn't sign it because Manchester United contacted the parents and made astronomical and excessive financial propositions for a 15-year-old boy.

"We have submitted the case to FIFA. The letter to leave has not been agreed by the French Federation, so today FIFA has been referred.

"I hope we will get the same result [as the Kakuta case], which could justify to those clubs they can't do anything and they have rules to respect."

Manchester United insisted on Friday that they would challenge any punishment that may materialise as a result.

Hearing that gives me reason to grin not the usual lies and spin coming out of Sold Trafford

so why are united threatening legal action if le harve carry on with his :doh

Dedworth
7th September 2009, 19:54
so why are united threatening legal action if le harve carry on with his :doh

"the usual lies and spin coming out of Sold Trafford" perhaps ?

bornatbirth
7th September 2009, 19:55

and what is that,chelsea are crap? :D

aromulus
7th September 2009, 20:03

and what is that,chelsea are crap? :D

Come on, girls......:doh

Cool the handbagging down a bit....:NoNo:

They are both at fault, and we all know it, but loyalty to our teams prevent us to see the light.:doh

Threats of court action, doesn't cut any ice, as it will be a smokescreen or at worst a bluff to shut the frenchies up, for fear of having to go through something they can't afford to do...:action-smiley-081:

Now, kiss :butthead: and make up.... Ta.

:ARsurrender:

bornatbirth
7th September 2009, 20:10
[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Now, kiss :butthead: and make up.... Ta.

which cheek will you like it :action-smiley-081: :Erm:

but my wife doesnt know about my impending homosexuality :icon_lol:

belfast_dude
7th September 2009, 20:59
punish man united...give all the other teams a chance...in fact punish all teams in europe except liverpool...maybe we will win the league then....oh yes ..and give us 1000 million too...lol

jimeve
7th September 2009, 21:22
punish man united...give all the other teams a chance...in fact punish all teams in europe except liverpool...maybe we will win the league then....oh yes ..and give us 1000 million too...lol

greedy:Bugger:

bornatbirth
7th September 2009, 21:24

even with 1000 million benny hill couldnt get them to win!