PDA

View Full Version : Fiance Visa Approved!!!!!!!

jmac
4th September 2009, 14:06
:BouncyHappy:Its taken 18 weeks to the day to process but this morning Joan finally had the passport returned with the all important visa!!!! Fantastic!!!

I'd like to say thanks to the contributors to the forumn. Having their feedback and seeing the progress of other visas was very reasuring, given the dalays and the total lack of feedback from the embassy.

All being well by mid October we will be back in Scotland together, at last.:BouncyHappy:

Pepe n Pilar
4th September 2009, 14:13
Congratulations jmac!:xxgrinning--00xx3::)

marylen
4th September 2009, 14:16
can i ask when did you submit your application please? my sister still in the waiting process...she submitted hers last june 1....

Braveheart
4th September 2009, 14:18
wow that's great news! congratulations!

where in scotland?

jmac
4th September 2009, 14:29
can i ask when did you submit your application please? my sister still in the waiting process...she submitted hers last june 1....
Hi Marylen. We submitted the application on April the 30th. As far as im aware is sat on a pile until last thursday when I had a call from the embassy re some of the details.

jmac
4th September 2009, 14:30
wow that's great news! congratulations!

where in scotland?

Hi Braveheart, home is in the Borders, little village called Greenlaw. Its 35 miles SE of Edinburgh. Where are you based?

Braveheart
4th September 2009, 14:35
oh not yet there. still here in manila. waiting for the result of my application. but if things are well, i will be joining my husband in edinburgh. :)

jmac
4th September 2009, 15:02
oh not yet there. still here in manila. waiting for the result of my application. but if things are well, i will be joining my husband in edinburgh. :)
Well I hope to see you there some day soon. When did your application go in? Have you visited Scotland?

LittleFingers
4th September 2009, 15:07
:BouncyHappy:Its taken 18 weeks to the day to process but this morning Joan finally had the passport returned with the all important visa!!!! Fantastic!!!

I'd like to say thanks to the contributors to the forumn. Having their feedback and seeing the progress of other visas was very reasuring, given the dalays and the total lack of feedback from the embassy.

All being well by mid October we will be back in Scotland together, at last.:BouncyHappy:

Well done, my fiance also got hers today after waiting exactly 11 weeks and 2 days!!! - work that one out!!!!!!!!!
and also a big thanks to everyone on the forum for all their help.

marylen
4th September 2009, 15:26
my sister status online application changed just now a minute after i ask yours.......its return to courier it says.......hopefully theres a visa inside of it..she applied spouse visa last june 1

kimmi
4th September 2009, 18:31

congratulations to u jmac and Joan..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

my sister status online application changed just now a minute after i ask yours.......its return to courier it says.......hopefully theres a visa inside of it..she applied spouse visa last june 1

I am sure it will be a good news for ur sister, sis marylen..:) pls keep us posted..

tiN
4th September 2009, 19:08

Well done, my fiance also got hers today after waiting exactly 11 weeks and 2 days!!! - work that one out!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to both of you :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Congratulations in advance marylen, for sure, there is a visa stick on her passport:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
5th September 2009, 10:56
congrats:)

Arthur Little
5th September 2009, 11:53

:Yippeee: Yet another success for our [forum's] numbers ... and also for the "Scots connection"! Congratulations to you and Joan.

pumpkins
5th September 2009, 11:57
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024::huepfen024:
:cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

Sconnie
5th September 2009, 12:03
Congratulations

Arthur Little
5th September 2009, 12:23

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congratulations! ... :Erm: it really DOES seem that the Embassy has, at long last, got its 'house' in order. :rolleyes:

Braveheart
5th September 2009, 12:53
Well I hope to see you there some day soon. When did your application go in? Have you visited Scotland?

hi jmac, wow congratulations to you!

yes, i hope to see you there someday too. I just got my approval this afternoon. :BouncyHappy: and yes, I have visited scotland once last year.

wow, again, congratulations and best wishes to you!!!! :)

sammy
5th September 2009, 23:13
congratulation, we also joined the fiance granted club today, though we only waited 11weeks, crazy differences hey. seminar sticker left, good luck for the futire.

Sophie
5th September 2009, 23:46
congratulations jmac :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ji&Ma
6th September 2009, 10:47
:Hellooo: Great, many congratulations from us :BouncyHappy::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jem
6th September 2009, 11:27
Congratulations!! Im from Glasgow. My husband also had his visa granted this week!! He waited 9 weeks! :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

scottishbride
6th September 2009, 13:48
Congrats! Hopefully we can see you guys in Scotland.:)

badrock
6th September 2009, 13:55
congratulations to you both..still waiting here since august the 4th

jmac
6th September 2009, 15:56
Congrats! Hopefully we can see you guys in Scotland.:)
Hope so. Im a bit worried Joan is going to find it too quiet over here. Around her house there is coming and going all day long and she's surrounded by the extended family. Where about do you live?

scottishbride
6th September 2009, 17:19
Anstruther, Fife.:)

mavid
7th September 2009, 09:50
Congratulations!

jmac
8th September 2009, 20:36
Thanks guys & gals for all the congratulations, its much appreciated.

We have waited and worried for 4 months for the visa......bloody annoying as they are flying through now, cleary the applications sat there neglected for months. Flights are booked and we should be married and back here mid october.

We'd deceided on getting married over there regardless of the visa as if the fiance visa was refused we would get a spouse visa. Marriage should be more fun over there, we have booked a reception for 100 on the beach and it promises to be a lively do. If any of you are near the Scottish Borders or passing through let us now, would be good to meet up.

Jim

acs
8th September 2009, 20:51
wow congrats, congrats on your visa jmac and fiancee and Littlefingers:Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

acs
8th September 2009, 20:54
Anstruther, Fife.:)

wow your place is known for its fish and chips:xxgrinning--00xx3::D, and the picture im in in my avatar is taken at anstruther, fife

darren-b
8th September 2009, 21:21
Thanks guys & gals for all the congratulations, its much appreciated. We have waited and worried for 4 months for the visa......bloody anoying as they are flying through now, cleary the applications sat there neglected for months. Flights are booked and we should be married and back here mid october. We'd deceided on getting married over there regardless of the visa as the fiance visa was refused we would decided to get married regardless and then get a spouse visa. marriage should be more fun over there, we have booked a reception for 100 on the beach and it promises to be a lively reception. If any of you are near the Scottish Borders or passing through let us now, would be good to meet up.

Jim

Congratulations on getting the visa, though are you really saying that you've been granted a fiancee visa but you are actually getting married in the Philippines before coming to the UK?

If so ignoring the fact that it's going to cost you an extra £465 in visas which you didn't need to pay, it might make life a bit interesting as I guess technically your wife's visa will be invalid when she enters the UK - IO could suggest you weren't honest when you applied for the fiancee visa.... Also not sure what the BIA will make of it when you come to apply for FLR later.

Maybe someone else on here did the same and can say if it caused them problems or not.

jmac
9th September 2009, 00:55
Congratulations on getting the visa, though are you really saying that you've been granted a fiancee visa but you are actually getting married in the Philippines before coming to the UK?

If so ignoring the fact that it's going to cost you an extra £465 in visas which you didn't need to pay, it might make life a bit interesting as I guess technically your wife's visa will be invalid when she enters the UK - IO could suggest you weren't honest when you applied for the fiancee visa.... Also not sure what the BIA will make of it when you come to apply for FLR later.

Maybe someone else on here did the same and can say if it caused them problems or not.

Hi Darren,

I did mail the embassy and told them of our plans. Explained that as they had done nothing with the visa for 3 months and we had to scrap our plans for a wedding here, because of thier tardiness, we were thinking of getting married over in the Phillipines as we can make a firm date. They did reply to the mail but only answered a question i'd raised about visa processing dates, as in where they were up to.

As far as I'm aware it makes no difference to the application for the Spouse visa if you marry here or there, as long as you are legally married. You could for example travel here on a fiance visa and then decide to fly back to get married and then return. Point is to be married within 6 months. Also its worth £465 to me not to be parted again. If anyone knows any differance on the legal issue please let me know!

Jim

darren-b
9th September 2009, 06:59
Hi Darren,

I did mail the embassy and told them of our plans. Explained that as they had done nothing with the visa for 3 months and we had to scrap our plans for a wedding here, because of thier tardiness, we were thinking of getting married over in the Phillipines as we can make a firm date. They did reply to the mail but only answered a question i'd raised about visa processing dates, as in where they were up to.

As far as I'm aware it makes no difference to the application for the Spouse visa if you marry here or there, as long as you are legally married. You could for example travel here on a fiance visa and then decide to fly back to get married and then return. Point is to be married within 6 months. Also its worth £465 to me not to be parted again. If anyone knows any differance on the legal issue please let me know!

Jim

The problem is that when you are applying for a fiance visa it's because you plan to marry in the UK, and hence you are not sticking to the terms of the visa issued - not sticking to the terms of a visa is normally enough for the IO to refuse entry. Then when applying for FLR within the UK to replace a fiancee visa the BIA would normally expect a UK marriage certificate which may cause them to look at your application in more detail. I would contact the BIA within the UK rather than the Embassy in Manila regarding your plans if you want to check.

(Just regarding your complaint about the lengh of time. Some of it may be down to the British Embassy, but some of it will be down to the local checks they run hence why they cannot progress your application quickly.)