PDA

View Full Version : Nationality Checking Service (NCS)

IainBusby
8th September 2009, 18:50
My wife is due to apply for citizenship at the end of this month so I'm just checking it all out and one thing I've been trying to find out is, is there an extra charge for using the Nationality Checking Service (NCS) and if so how much is it generally.

Iain.

darren-b
8th September 2009, 18:53
My wife is due to apply for citizenship at the end of this month so I'm just checking it all out and one thing I've been trying to find out is, is there an extra charge for using the Nationality Checking Service (NCS) and if so how much is it generally.

Iain.

The price depends on who you go through. I think it normally about £30-£40.

IainBusby
8th September 2009, 19:18
The price depends on who you go through. I think it normally about £30-£40.

As we will be submitting both an application for my wife, (Form AN) and an application for my step-daughter, (Form MN1) I suppose that will be more like £60 to £80 on top of the 2 separate application fees which come to a total of £1,180. :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1:

Iain.

ukgangster
8th September 2009, 19:45
As we will be submitting both an application for my wife, (Form AN) and an application for my step-daughter, (Form MN1) I suppose that will be more like £60 to £80 on top of the 2 separate application fees which come to a total of £1,180. :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1:

Iain.

Iain, I've also started a thread about AN and whether to use NCS http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=18599 Living in rural Wales, I have 2 options - Swansea - 2 hours away or Haverfordwest, also about 2 hours. I called up the Swansea office, they have a 3 week waiting list for appointments, only problem Elsa has is that her Philippines passport expires mid-December. But £60 for this NCS and then £720 for the AN application, its a lot of money I don't have. :NoNo:

IainBusby
8th September 2009, 21:40
Iain, I've also started a thread about AN and whether to use NCS http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=18599 Living in rural Wales, I have 2 options - Swansea - 2 hours away or Haverfordwest, also about 2 hours. I called up the Swansea office, they have a 3 week waiting list for appointments, only problem Elsa has is that her Philippines passport expires mid-December. But £60 for this NCS and then £720 for the AN application, its a lot of money I don't have. :NoNo:

I don't know how long the waiting list for appointments is at our nearest office, but at least we only have to travel to Birmingham from Coventry which is about 20 miles. At least this is the last hurdle and the last time we will have to have dealings with the UKBA or have to pay their ridiculously extortionate fees.

darren-b
8th September 2009, 21:45
I don't know how long the waiting list for appointments is at our nearest office, but at least we only have to travel to Birmingham from Coventry which is about 20 miles. At least this is the last hurdle and the last time we will have to have dealings with the UKBA or have to pay their ridiculously extortionate fees.

The last time? Won't your wife be applying for a British passport? Not cheap and you have to attend an interview for your first passport now.

IainBusby
8th September 2009, 21:54
The last time? Won't your wife be applying for a British passport? Not cheap and you have to attend an interview for your first passport now.

Yes we will be applying for passports for my wife and step-daughter, but at least these are the sort of things that all British people have to put up with.

ukgangster
8th September 2009, 21:58

First British passport is £77.50 according to here http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/rde/xchg/ips_live/hs.xsl/1167.htm Some good news for Elsa, her passport interview will be held in Aberystwyth, only 3 miles away, rather than ANOTHER 2 hour drive to Swansea.

So lets see £720 application fee + £60 NCS fee + £77.50 passport = £857.50 :cwm25:

vbkelly
9th September 2009, 19:46

Iain.

you don't need to go to NCS if you know how to fill the application form properly and the exact requirements you 'll be alright. the requirement you need to submitt are MC your passport, lou's passport, mary's passport and adaptation documents of mary.

IainBusby
9th September 2009, 22:08
you don't need to go to NCS if you know how to fill the application form properly and the exact requirements you 'll be alright. the requirement you need to submitt are MC your passport, lou's passport, mary's passport and adaptation documents of mary.

Hi Bing,
We just thought it might be worth the trip to Birmingham just to be able to hang on to the passports. You never know what's around the corner and once you send them off it's anyones guess when you'll get them back.

Iain.

Ann07
10th September 2009, 10:06
Hi Bing,
We just thought it might be worth the trip to Birmingham just to be able to hang on to the passports. You never know what's around the corner and once you send them off it's anyones guess when you'll get them back.

Iain.

Very true Iain. Goodluck to Louella and May:)

vbkelly
10th September 2009, 17:10
Hi Bing,

Iain.

ok and goodluck!

aug06_2006
10th September 2009, 21:36
Goodluck!