PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Scotland

jmac
8th September 2009, 21:39
Hi guys,

Thought it was time to introduce myself as I've been browsing for months and recently made a few posts.

I'm Jim, 48 and as you may gather i'm living in Scotland, in the borders nr Kelso, but originally from England, I escaped from there a few years ago and no intention of returning. Glad I did as I think the locals are busy planning to rebuild Hadrains Wall. Recon Scottish visa's will make getting a UK visa look simple :-)

My fiance is from Lapu-Lapu nr Cebu and only last week we finally got a fiance visa. We have a wedding planned in the Phillipines for early Octoberand we will be flying back here soon after.

Thanks for all the info & help guys, its been invaluable and I hope I can contribute to repay something to the community.

Jim

IainBusby
8th September 2009, 21:59
Hi Jim,
Welcome to the forum. If you don't mind me asking, why did you apply for a fiancee visa if your getting married in the Philippines?
Iain.

chiechie74
8th September 2009, 22:06
Hi Jim. Welcome.
CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU!
Cheers.

JimOttley
8th September 2009, 22:28
Hello sir, Im fairly new here as well but a hearty welcome to this good place to both of you :Hellooo:

Jim

jmac
9th September 2009, 00:35
Hi Jim,
Welcome to the forum. If you don't mind me asking, why did you apply for a fiancee visa if your getting married in the Philippines?
Iain.
Hi Iain,
I did not like the idea of getting married and then being parted, maybe for months. There was also the worry that you get married and then find you can’t get a spouse visa, when we applied I knew little about the acceptance rate. I know it’s more expensive this way but now we can get hitched and fly back together...no worries at all.

It's taken 18 weeks to get the visa...I'd be most unhappy to be parted after marriage for that length of time and I know Joan would have worried that I was not coming back for her!

Reason wedding is so soon is that the visa dragged on for so long Joan was getting worried and asked what would I do if the visa was refused. I told her I'd marry her there anyway and by then I knew spouse visas are very rarely refused so we'd be ok. So with that in mind we arranged the wedding. Lucky for us the visa came through before...as I'd hoped! So in two weeks its off to the Philippines yet again....cant wait.
Jim

girl england
11th September 2009, 10:51
Welcome to the forum