PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee Visa APPROVED!!! 5 Weeks to the day

MarBell379
9th September 2009, 09:20
Its APPPROVED :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

5 weeks to the day, and you lot are the first to know apart from my parents and best mate :D

Shes on her way to EDSA to get a hotel and head to CFO tomorrwo and see if she can do that while shes in Manila!

We got incredibly lucky here I think, but people that are still waiting shouldnt feel too bad. At least it shows that things are still happening and it can be granted at any moment.
We had a number of things working in our favor here.
SHe'd already been to Israel for 4 years and returned without being expelled.
My financial situation is pretty good
Almost all the papers supplied were originals (I just bit the bullet and sent the lot - gotta hope I get em back now - havent had a chance to ask her yet)
LOADS of supporting evidence (only about 10 photos (including some with her family), but passport stamps and boarding cards to Israel AND Philippines,
chat logs (almost daily summaries for over a year),
call logs (mainly rebtel),
scrupulous honesty on the forms (EG. Are you planning to work in the UK? - YES, After we are married, I have received FLR and am legally allowed to),
and every requirement checked and double checked (I had to send her to get new passport photos done when she showed me and it was on a royal blue background, against Visa guidelines)

I have to say, sending originals like that is a terrifying thing to have to do:omg::omg:. If anyone got hold of them my identity COULD be compromised forever! I'm glad I did though:)

One other thought (I'm rambling now cos I'm so happy:cwm12: )
This completely blows the whole 'we're dealing with applications in strict chronological order' excuse out of the water. Our application went in on August 4th.

Good luck to everybody waiting and about to start waiting - I'm off to make a cup of coffee, have a smoke, and try to work with a stupid inane grin on my face all day.

WoooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs212.snc1/7935_152473924223_543054223_3564896_3095781_n.jpg

Ji&Ma
9th September 2009, 09:25
:Hellooo: :BouncyHappy: Very glad that you have so plain sailing (unusual :NoNo:), our sincerest congratulations, all the best and good luck to you and your fiancée :cwm12: :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
9th September 2009, 09:28
If anyone got hold of them my identity COULD be compromised forever! I'm glad I did though:)
:Erm: Why are you using my name? :D

:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

adam&chryss
9th September 2009, 09:32
Well done! Congratulations! :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

KeithD
9th September 2009, 09:39
I'm off to have a smoke...

Do both of you a favour, give up before she gets here. You'll have far better things to be putting in your mouth when she arrives rather than picking a cancer stick over her. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scottishbride
9th September 2009, 09:39
Well done, congratulations!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

pumpkins
9th September 2009, 09:44
congratzzz...:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

scottishbride
9th September 2009, 10:04
May I ask, what date did put in the application form for intended travel to the UK?

tiN
9th September 2009, 10:22
Well done and Congratulations to you both :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

MarBell379
9th September 2009, 10:37
May I ask, what date did put in the application form for intended travel to the UK?

Good question. I cant find it on the application printout that I have, but her birthday is Oct 9, and I'm pretty sure I put October 1 in somewhere as intended date, in the forlorn hope that we might just make it.

I was more worried that the concert tickets I booked for Nov 14 might be wasted, but we'll make it now :)

LEAHnew
9th September 2009, 10:54
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Congrats..that's very inspiring:Hellooo::Hellooo:
Have a safe trip to your fiancee:)

sunshine
9th September 2009, 11:02
Congratulations:xxgrinning--00xx3: That was quick!

IainBusby
9th September 2009, 14:17
Congratulations, that's great news! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Louella & Iain.

NtoN
9th September 2009, 14:43
congratulations! stay happy!

AyinX
9th September 2009, 15:47
Congratulations! :)

Pepe n Pilar
9th September 2009, 17:07
Congratulations!...Well done!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
9th September 2009, 17:48
Its APPPROVED :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

5 weeks to the day ...

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congratulations and well done, *MarBell & Ronadel [*has rather a nice *RING to it ... don't you think?] :rolleyes:

... and you lot are the first to know apart from my parents and best mate :D

Well ... WE'RE all part of one BIG happy "family" here ... and delighted on your behalf! :BouncyHappy:

belfast_dude
9th September 2009, 20:30
congratulations....i am happy for you both...take care and good luck

sammy
9th September 2009, 21:50
Congratulations.... Nice photo

kenny
9th September 2009, 23:43
Congratuations..... so quick process, well done
Best of luck for the future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

MarBell379
10th September 2009, 01:41
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Congratulations and well done, *MarBell & Ronadel [*has rather a nice *RING to it ... don't you think?] :rolleyes: :

Thanks Arthur - I'm Mark Bell, marbell was an old sign in name I used when I registered. After January 16 she will be Ronadel Bell. Or Rona Bell, or Del Bell (which she's trying not to use as I understand it means something along the lines of 'baby fart' in tagalog :doh)

Florge
10th September 2009, 05:03
Congrats Mark!!! that was quick indeed!!!