PDA

View Full Version : Blackout cripples NAIA

Win2Win
14th September 2009, 11:10
pA power outage at the airport control tower crippled operations atnbsp;the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), forcing the delay and diversion of all international and domestic flights yesterday./ppstrongUPDATE:/strong a href="http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=505200amp;publicationSubCategoryId=200"Airport operations back to normal/a/p

More... (http://philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=505128publicationSubCategoryId=63)

belfast_dude
14th September 2009, 19:44
that wud be scary...do planes land at that airport at night time...does anyone know?

GaryFifer
15th September 2009, 00:56
that wud be scary...do planes land at that airport at night time...does anyone know?

No they just fly round and round in circles to the sun comes up. That is why you think you are going across Russia on that little map on the back of the seat. You are not! You are outside the China sea, they just fly round and round until the sun comes up :cwm12::cwm12::icon_lol:

bornatbirth
15th September 2009, 13:31
You are not! You are outside the China sea, they just fly round and round until the sun comes up :cwm12::cwm12::icon_lol:

must be why i get dizzy when taking a flight:D

WillsG25
15th September 2009, 15:15
I arrived at NAIA one evening where they happened to blackout just as I was going through immigration, best take a torch next time!:icon_lol:

GaryFifer
15th September 2009, 15:33
I arrived at NAIA one evening where they happened to blackout just as I was going through immigration, best take a torch next time!:icon_lol:

Really?When was that?I can imagine going through customs. Is that a torch in your pocket sir or are u just glad to see me :D

Sounds like the Generation Game with the conveyor belt collecting your luggage, towel, hairdryer, shorts, tshirt, cuddly toy! Do I win the prize? My luggage. I recognised it all!

WillsG25
15th September 2009, 15:41
Really?When was that?I can imagine going through customs. Is that a torch in your pocket sir or are u just glad to see me :D

Now wouldn't that make their day!:) Best take a cheap torch they might want to take your 8 cell maglite off you!:NoNo: