PDA

View Full Version : requirement to indefinite leave to remain in the uk

jane2009
16th September 2009, 08:40
Hello Everyone,
Im a new member here, and its my first time to post this thread, this site is very helpful and informative..i hope you guy's are willing to help and share your experience...

I've been here in uk over a year , and early next year im gonna apply to indefinite to stay in uk, im here to ask about the requirements and procedure what to do...

My Questions are?
1.We have a son and we are claiming a child's benefits,child tax credit, and working tax credit..It is alright? or that could be a ground of refusal for our applications?
2.what are the documents that i need to preper that proof that we live together? how many we need?
3. Is there any specific how much money we have our account?
4. how much is the payments?
5.Where can we submit the applications? Can we submit it in uk border agency?

thank you very much guy's for spending time reading and answering my question...I know its alot..because its bother me alot..i cant even sleep well because i keep thinking on it...once again thank you so much...
jane

jaishann
16th September 2009, 12:30
Hello Everyone,
Im a new member here, and its my first time to post this thread, this site is very helpful and informative..i hope you guy's are willing to help and share your experience...

I've been here in uk over a year , and early next year im gonna apply to indefinite to stay in uk, im here to ask about the requirements and procedure what to do...

My Questions are?
1.We have a son and we are claiming a child's benefits,child tax credit, and working tax credit..It is alright? or that could be a ground of refusal for our applications?
2.what are the documents that i need to preper that proof that we live together? how many we need?

thank you very much guy's for spending time reading and answering my question...I know its alot..because its bother me alot..i cant even sleep well because i keep thinking on it...once again thank you so much...
jane

hello there..I can asnwer number 2 which I am quite sure about. As a proof that we lived together I submitted utility bills on both our names i.e. BT bills, Water bills, Electric & Gas bills, Joint account bank statement, letter from GP address to my husband and to me (just to show you live on same address) . As far as I remember I forwarded 1 bill for each year.

I hope this help. Have you done the Life in the UK test yet?,as it is one of the requirement for ILR.

Goodluck on your application hope all ok.

jane2009
16th September 2009, 14:06
hello there..I can asnwer number 2 which I am quite sure about. As a proof that we lived together I submitted utility bills on both our names i.e. BT bills, Water bills, Electric & Gas bills, Joint account bank statement, letter from GP address to my husband and to me (just to show you live on same address) . As far as I remember I forwarded 1 bill for each year.

I hope this help. Have you done the Life in the UK test yet?,as it is one of the requirement for ILR.

Goodluck on your application hope all ok.

thank you so much for your help, Im gonna take the test maybe late this year because im still reading the book at the moment...oh yeah.!! im gonna ask a letter from gp since we have the same GP thanks again

joebloggs
16th September 2009, 18:30
Hello Everyone,

My Questions are?

i take it your married to a brit? if so only your husband should be claiming them benefits, thou you both should have filled in the forms jointly.

you need 6 letters

app form and guidance notes are here ..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/formsetm042009.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/settlement/guidesetm042009.pdf

as long as your'e not overdrawn all the time, you should be ok.

£820 by post and
£1020 at a PEO

and if your have any children that need to apply for ILR
its an extra £50 per child under 18.

its on the form where you need to send it by post, or phone them to book a same day appointment (PEO)

jane

jane2009
16th September 2009, 20:11

thank you very much for all the reply..i really appreciate it very much...

yeah! im married with british citizen...and yes..he is the only one claiming the public funds since i'm not eligible...So is that alright sir? that he is claiming a public funds?
thank you

aug06_2006
16th September 2009, 21:23
Me, I'll be applying my ILR on Monday..We do hope that everythin will be alright...

joebloggs
16th September 2009, 22:10
thank you very much for all the reply..i really appreciate it very much...

yeah! im married with british citizen...and yes..he is the only one claiming the public funds since i'm not eligible...So is that alright sir? that he is claiming a public funds?
thank you

yes he's entitled to claim public funds,
i take it he's working ?
not many people get refused ILR, as long as you send what you're asked
then you shouldn't really have a problem.

Arthur Little
16th September 2009, 23:46
Hello Everyone,

jane

:Hellooo: Welcome, Jane. My wife only arrived here in March, and therefore won't be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave until around the middle of 2011. But it's good to ponder :rolleyes: over the replies you've received from others, as it will give US some idea of the procedure when her turn comes ... unless things change [as they're apt to do] before then.

thejarvs
17th September 2009, 07:12
Life in the UK test? I believe you will need to take that also, mrsjarv is very nervous about that.

jane2009
17th September 2009, 07:35
yes he's entitled to claim public funds,
i take it he's working ?
not many people get refused ILR, as long as you send what you're asked
then you shouldn't really have a problem.

thank you very much..yes..he is working as a teacher....you really help me alot....

jane2009
17th September 2009, 07:38
:Hellooo: Welcome, Jane. My wife only arrived here in March, and therefore won't be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave until around the middle of 2011. But it's good to ponder :rolleyes: over the replies you've received from others, as it will give US some idea of the procedure when her turn comes ... unless things change [as they're apt to do] before then.

hello,
preparing some papers are so tired and annoying..but we need to do it..hope everything will be fine...how's your wife in her new country? i will be posting here what will happen to my papers....thanks

jane2009
17th September 2009, 07:40
Life in the UK test? I believe you will need to take that also, mrsjarv is very nervous about that.

not yet, im still reading this book..hopefully by the end of this year...its funny because i do had practice online but sad to say i keep failed...huhu..need more to read..read..read..

Ann07
17th September 2009, 12:47
Goodluck jane and mrsjarvs for the test:)

And to Lisa for Ilr application:)

aug06_2006
18th September 2009, 16:49
Goodluck jane and mrsjarvs for the test:)

And to Lisa for Ilr application:)

tnx Ann.