PDA

View Full Version : Ilr

thedug
17th September 2009, 21:54
Anyone had an ILR visa approved recently and, if so , how long were u waiting? My wife and I are in the uk (got married in UK in July 2007 and have stayed in the UK since that date) and she applied for ILR by post on July 10th and are still waiting.

tomoboyle2000
17th September 2009, 22:17
Hi thedug, not sure how long by post! we went to Liverpool 15/09/09 had it within 90 mins no probs...........:REDancedancer08:

Ana_may365
18th September 2009, 00:35
Hi thedug, not sure how long by post! we went to Liverpool 15/09/09 had it within 90 mins no probs...........:REDancedancer08:

did u ring them first and make an appointment b4 u going there?coz weve been to sheffield to apply in personal or make an appointment by personal but its a long queqe and still a lot of people inside of peo office.
or did u just going there straight away even u didnt make a personal appointment?:Erm::Erm:

jaishann
18th September 2009, 00:52
Anyone had an ILR visa approved recently and, if so , how long were u waiting? My wife and I are in the uk (got married in UK in July 2007 and have stayed in the UK since that date) and she applied for ILR by post on July 10th and are still waiting.

I posted mine Nov 2008 received March 2009.

joebloggs
18th September 2009, 06:03
I posted mine Nov 2008 received March 2009.

:yikes: that's along time, it use to take a month, but now around 3 months in many cases.

Ann07
18th September 2009, 09:14
I posted mine 5th of March got it back at the end of the same month.
Goodluck:)

jane2009
18th September 2009, 16:01
hello guy's,
im going to apply ILR early next year just wondering after we submit all the documents that needed...after that what will happen? do we hear anything from them? or they gonna send any documents to us? thanks..im sorry this question i really no idea what happen..thank you very much

jane2009
18th September 2009, 16:04
hello guys,
im going to apply ILR next year, just wondering after that what will gonna happen? do they need to contact us? or send any documents to us? thank you very much...

ca143
18th September 2009, 16:17

same here i post my ILR application last aug 17,although i receive a letter from them that they receive it but until nw no result yet....

tomoboyle2000
18th September 2009, 20:20
did u ring them first and make an appointment b4 u going there?coz weve been to sheffield to apply in personal or make an appointment by personal but its a long queqe and still a lot of people inside of peo office.
or did u just going there straight away even u didnt make a personal appointment?:Erm::Erm:

We phoned and made the appointment first.

joebloggs
18th September 2009, 23:25
hello guys,
im going to apply ILR next year, just wondering after that what will gonna happen? do they need to contact us? or send any documents to us? thank you very much...

same here i post my ILR application last aug 17,although i receive a letter from them that they receive it but until nw no result yet....

you will get most of your evidence back and hopefully with a ILR vignette in your passport :xxgrinning--00xx3:

looks like you could be waiting upto 3 months :doh

jaishann
19th September 2009, 00:31
:yikes: that's along time, it use to take a month, but now around 3 months in many cases.

well when I phoned them up they said after 14 weeks from the date you posted then you can follow up. I phoned them up before 14 weeks as my brother died on Boxing day 0f 2008 I wanted to go home but was told no refund and if I apply again another fee. It was painful but rules need to be followed , death is not an excuse for them.

Thanks joebloggs.

IainBusby
19th September 2009, 13:22
well when I phoned them up they said after 14 weeks from the date you posted then you can follow up. I phoned them up before 14 weeks as my brother died on Boxing day 0f 2008 I wanted to go home but was told no refund and if I apply again another fee. It was painful but rules need to be followed , death is not an excuse for them.

Thanks joebloggs.

If your a civil servant "rules are rules" and compasssion doesn't come into it.

tiger@tigress
20th September 2009, 08:32
HI...

I posted mine 24.07.09 got everything back yesterday 19.09.09.....

thedug
21st September 2009, 23:43
Thanks for the replies everyone. We did try to arrange a same day appt but couldnt get one at any of the centres anywhere in the uk for 6 weeks which took us beyond her visa expiry date. I guess we'll just need to wait. We're booked to go to mexico on December 5th and would need to cancel at least 8 weeks before we leave to avoid paying hefty cancellation charges and 8 weeks is October 10th so we're starting to get a bit worried

proud2bepinay
21st September 2009, 23:51
I got mine in an hour in Glasgow PEO. Did the fast track service it cost me though £950.

thedug
3rd October 2009, 12:01
Guys, just wanted to say we just got our passports back and the ilr visa approved this morning. :):):):):):BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Thanks so much for all your help and advice and hopefully everyone you know back home is ok.

Tiggers0608
3rd October 2009, 12:19
Guys, just wanted to say we just got our passports back and the ilr visa approved this morning. :):):):):):BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Thanks so much for all your help and advice and hopefully everyone you know back home is ok.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Congratulations

aug06_2006
9th October 2009, 20:43
Congrats!

thedug
11th October 2009, 17:01
Thanks folks
We will, of course, still use the forum and hopefully now be able to pass on advice to people who are going thru the same process.
And as well as that, it's citizenship next so no doubt we'll need some help on that too !!