PDA

View Full Version : need help spouse visa

mheanRanola
19th September 2009, 04:43
hi everyone!!!

I am applying for spouse visa.... just wanna ask the requirements/documents needed? We got married last September 2007 here in Philippines... He is working in a callcenter in London and save £4000 as show money. We are planning to stay in my father-in law's house since my hubby doesn't have a place yet and dad *my father-inlaw* allow us to live there with a private room for the two of us, it was a freehold house three story house with 3 bedrooms and living with he's father's second family.. 5 person all in all including him (i hope overcrowding will never become an issue).

any answers/comments or suggestions will very much appreciated :)

thanks in advace.... :D

abby
19th September 2009, 09:18
hi mheanRanola!

i think its better if your husband will rent a flat for the two of you... that would be a good idea i guess than staying with your father in law with his family.

lets wait for the other members opinion....

joebloggs
19th September 2009, 09:18
hi everyone!!!
5 person all in all including him (i hope overcrowding will never become an issue).

so with you there , will it be 6 people living there ?
the other 4, are your father in law, his wife and kids ??

could be a problem with over crowding, depends on who the other 4 are, and their ages..

pumpkins
19th September 2009, 09:21
hi mheanRanola welcome to the forum..
you can use the search function below for your queeries, some members here have asked the same question before..just keep on reading here and you will get relevant informations..
and also i think three storey house with 3 bedrooms can accomodate 5 persons.. so it is not overcrowded..
pls wait for other members advice..

welcome here...:Hellooo:

mheanRanola
19th September 2009, 10:08
so with you there , will it be 6 people living there ?
the other 4, are your father in law, his wife and kids ??

could be a problem with over crowding, depends on who the other 4 are, and their ages..

yes 6 including me.. a couple (my father-in-law and his wife) in masters bedroom, 1 boy 16 yrs old and 1 girl 12 yrs old on the 2nd room... as far as i know they are using a double deck bed, while my husband are using the 3rd room... and i hope... that will be okay....

thank you for all the answers.... :D

mheanRanola
19th September 2009, 10:16
hi mheanRanola welcome to the forum..
you can use the search function below for your queeries, some members here have asked the same question before..just keep on reading here and you will get relevant informations..
and also i think three storey house with 3 bedrooms can accomodate 5 persons.. so it is not overcrowded..
pls wait for other members advice..

welcome here...:Hellooo:

thank you for a very warm welcome :D

i really hope that everything is gonna be okay... and accommodation will not be a problem... My husband told me everything will be fine... there will be no overcrowding... but after reading some stuff and forum on the net its really bothering me.. :doh

jaishann
19th September 2009, 10:29
hi everyone!!!

I am applying for spouse visa.... just wanna ask the requirements/documents needed? We got married last September 2007 here in Philippines... He is working in a callcenter in London and save £4000 as show money. We are planning to stay in my father-in law's house since my hubby doesn't have a place yet and dad *my father-inlaw* allow us to live there with a private room for the two of us, it was a freehold house three story house with 3 bedrooms and living with he's father's second family.. 5 person all in all including him (i hope overcrowding will never become an issue).

any answers/comments or suggestions will very much appreciated :)

thanks in advace.... :D

hope all goes well, goodluck

Ji&Ma
19th September 2009, 17:08
yes 6 including me.. a couple (my father-in-law and his wife) in masters bedroom, 1 boy 16 yrs old and 1 girl 12 yrs old on the 2nd room... as far as i know they are using a double deck bed, while my husband are using the 3rd room... and i hope... that will be okay....

thank you for all the answers.... :D

Ooops - I am afraid that your situation might be regarded as "OVERCROWDING" by ECO unfortunately :Erm: :NoNo: :doh
Please see this link, it is guidelines for ECO when assessing visa applications:

UKBA -Maintenance and accommodation - MAA14 (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/maintenanceaccommodation#18177572)

What worries me in your case most is especially this sentence there: A house is considered to be overcrowded if 2 persons aged 10 years or more of opposite sexes, who are not living together as husband and wife, must sleep in the same room

Sophie
19th September 2009, 17:33
welcome to the forum mhean and all the best on your visa application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

AyinX
19th September 2009, 17:43
. . i think that it will be better for you to rent a place of your own; a 16 year old boy and a 12 year old girl should have their own rooms, so the house should have at least 4 rooms to accommodate all 6 of you..

Good luck on the application, i'm also in the process of preparing mine. :)

joebloggs
19th September 2009, 18:06
. . i think that it will be better for you to rent a place of your own; a 16 year old boy and a 12 year old girl should have their own rooms, so the house should have at least 4 rooms to accommodate all 6 of you..

Good luck on the application, i'm also in the process of preparing mine. :)

i don't think there is a law that states a teenage brother and sister can not share the same bedroom in a private house, but i don't think it would be allowed in a council owned house..

but your right, it doesn't look good for a teenage brother and sister sharing the same room.

would be better to rent until you get your visa, then you can do what you want :D

somebody
19th September 2009, 18:20
i don't think there is a law that states a teenage brother and sister can not share the same bedroom in a private house, but i don't think it would be allowed in a council owned house..

but your right, it doesn't look good for a teenage brother and sister sharing the same room.

would be better to rent until you get your visa, then you can do what you want :D

The ECO would not be able to allow i understand from the research i did a few years back. Somewhere on here I think Pete actually posted it. I remeber finding on another site which i think you may know of a PDF something like section f on the UK visas site which states that one person per room if not a couple over a certain age.

Basically it would be unlikely to be oked:NoNo:

Ann07
19th September 2009, 18:25
I would suggest ask your husband to find a place for you both:)
Goodluck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
19th September 2009, 18:45
The ECO would not be able to allow i understand from the research i did a few years back. Somewhere on here I think Pete actually posted it. I remeber finding on another site which i think you may know of a PDF something like section f on the UK visas site which states that one person per room if not a couple over a certain age.

Basically it would be unlikely to be oked:NoNo:

yes andy, but this is a private house, and its not a child who is applying for a visa, its an adult, i dont think there is any law that says teenage borthers or sisters or even younger cannot share the same bed room, but if it was a council house they would rehouse the family.

but no its not ideal, and looks risky to me to make a visa app stating that they would be sharing..

mheanRanola
20th September 2009, 10:50
thank you for all the replies... i think you're all right... we really need to find our own place first...

filipina_owl
20th September 2009, 12:15
best of luck to you mheanranola...

Florge
20th September 2009, 16:25
good luck!.. well, nothing more to say really.... just that...

AAAAAAnnnnnnnnnn..... you're back!!! LOL