PDA

View Full Version : advice please

simont
19th September 2009, 19:28
Hi all just found this forum and must say its great. However i have just seen someone mention a CFO sticker. My wife got her spouse visa on Thursday and is ment to be flying here on Monday, does she have to have this sticker??? Please advise cheers Simon

Sophie
19th September 2009, 19:30
Hello simon, she needs the cfo sticker, its a requirement.

simont
19th September 2009, 19:32
thanks sophie thought that would be the case after reading a few posts here. She also has a 5 year tourist visa could she get through with that?

estherboaz
19th September 2009, 19:57
hello Simont.the CFO sticker is a requirement.She wont be allowed to leave the Philippines without it.She could not get through with it eventhough she had visitor's visa.CFO is government requirement for Spouse and Fiancee visa holder.

simont
19th September 2009, 20:05
thanks esthar, what a disaster!! I find it amazing that nobody tells you about this when you get the visa

estherboaz
19th September 2009, 20:12
thats why it helps to join this forum and get ideas from experienced members.

simont
19th September 2009, 20:20
yep wish i found this site sooner

jaishann
19th September 2009, 23:18
yep wish i found this site sooner

same here . Hope all goes well.

somebody
19th September 2009, 23:25
thanks esthar, what a disaster!! I find it amazing that nobody tells you about this when you get the visa

CFO apart from the time issue in your case is nothing to worry about:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im guessing they cover it in some blurb saying you must check the latest rules and regs from the host nation blah blah
I mean lets be honest the British and Phill goiverments both dont know what they do let alone what others are up to it seems:D

simont
19th September 2009, 23:47
cheers for the advice guys, it did seem as though things were going too smoothly, we were approved within 21 days. is there anything else we must do after we get the CFO sticker or is that all we need now?

Sophie
19th September 2009, 23:52
cheers for the advice guys, it did seem as though things were going too smoothly, we were approved within 21 days. is there anything else we must do after we get the CFO sticker or is that all we need now?

I guess that's about it simon, what's left to do is for you to prepare the house for wifey's arrival, lol :D:D

somebody
19th September 2009, 23:54

Umm visa for the UK, make sure travel tax is paid it used to be 16t most phill bought plane tickets should have paid (do check) then you have CFO stamp in passport.

Also make sure she has money for the airport tax i think its 750 pesos again best to check my memory not to good at present.

Make sure she keeps some coins or has credit on her phone to call both you while waiting to go plus family and friends.

Cant think of anything apart from to wish her a safe journey and you both much happiness:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
20th September 2009, 00:01
Umm visa for the UK, make sure travel tax is paid it used to be 16t most phill bought plane tickets should have paid (do check) then you have CFO stamp in passport.

Also make sure she has money for the airport tax i think its 750 pesos again best to check my memory not to good at present.

Make sure she keeps some coins or has credit on her phone to call both you while waiting to go plus family and friends.

Cant think of anything apart from to wish her a safe journey and you both much happiness:xxgrinning--00xx3:

and where is her connecting flight?,so she as some spare cash for something to eat or drink :xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
20th September 2009, 00:09
and where is her connecting flight?,so she as some spare cash for something to eat or drink :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Are you going to send her some Bornie thats so kind of you:D

Dont forget cold weather gear

simont
20th September 2009, 00:09
thanks again, think we will have all things covered then once we get this CFO sticker. As for getting the house ready Sophie, my wife was here for 5 months before she went home to apply for her visa so as you can imagine she has the house set up exactly as she wants it!! all i have to worry about is explaining why all her plants are dead lol!!

somebody
20th September 2009, 00:11
thanks again, think we will have all things covered then once we get this CFO sticker. As for getting the house ready Sophie, my wife was here for 5 months before she went home to apply for her visa so as you can imagine she has the house set up exactly as she wants it!! all i have to worry about is explaining why all her plants are dead lol!!

A trip to the Garden centre for you it sounds like:rolleyes:

simont
20th September 2009, 00:13
yeah very kind bornie lol!! Grace is flying via amsterdam and she had plenty of euro's with her when she left to go back to the philippines although i think she sent most of that on toblerone's for the family

simont
20th September 2009, 00:14
haha yeah do you think its to early to blame the frost?

bornatbirth
20th September 2009, 00:16
Are you going to send her some Bornie thats so kind of you:D

spare cash,whats that?

does she have time to get the cfo sticker before her flight on monday,if she gets there first thing in the morning then she should have it by lunch time.its jusy another way to get some cash from them before they leave the country :D

simont
20th September 2009, 00:21
unfortunatley not her flight should be at 10.40 i also looked on there website just now and it says people going to the uk can go tuesday's and thursday's only, is that right do you know?

somebody
20th September 2009, 00:21
haha yeah do you think its to early to blame the frost?

As most filpinas are shivering when they first get here she will belive you :D

somebody
20th September 2009, 00:22
unfortunatley not her flight should be at 10.40 i also looked on there website just now and it says people going to the uk can go tuesday's and thursday's only, is that right do you know?

Souds right I know it was not every day but best for your Wife to phone if she can for the latrest info in case the website has not be updated.

darren-b
20th September 2009, 08:27
hello Simont.the CFO sticker is a requirement.She wont be allowed to leave the Philippines without it.She could not get through with it eventhough she had visitor's visa.CFO is government requirement for Spouse and Fiancee visa holder.

She would be allowed to leave the Philippines if anyone who checks (Philippines Immigration, etc) only see the visitor visa and not the spouse visa. Maybe hand it over with the relevant page open? Obviously UK Immigration won't care about the CFO stamp.

Though personally I wouldn't take the risk unless I had to...

simont
20th September 2009, 08:56
cheers darren, just changed her flight to next saturday as like you we didn't think it was worth the risk. not all bad as it gives me an extra few nights down the pub with the lads!

bornatbirth
20th September 2009, 09:28
cheers darren, just changed her flight to next saturday as like you we didn't think it was worth the risk. not all bad as it gives me an extra few nights down the pub with the lads!

make the most of your freedom while it lasts :icon_lol: and if you have any problems please read bystanders thread to keep your wife in check :Erm:

aromulus
20th September 2009, 10:42
make the most of your freedom while it lasts :icon_lol: and if you have any problems please read bystanders thread to keep your wife in check :Erm:

Wind up merchant....:doh

Sophie
20th September 2009, 11:01
just changed her flight to next saturday as like you we didn't think it was worth the risk. not all bad as it gives me an extra few nights down the pub with the lads!

Enjoy it while it lasts simon, lol :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
On a serious note, its good to know everything's sorted out now, got her flight moved to a later date so she got all the time to get to CFO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jaishann
20th September 2009, 13:57
Enjoy it while it lasts simon, lol :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:
On a serious note, its good to know everything's sorted out now, got her flight moved to a later date so she got all the time to get to CFO :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes while it lasts..i can imagine the flying saucer ehh:D:D

MarBell379
20th September 2009, 14:10
The whole CFO thing is a complete farce in my opinion. Nobody in Philippines bothers to tell you anything about it so I'd guess theres a lot of people that get turned around AFTER theyve paid their terminal fees at the airport!
I only found out about it here and it was a complete surprise to my fiancee. Their website is one of the worst Ive ever seen and gives you conflicting information.
They dont even tell you the full requirements before you go there!
Make sure your wife has pictures of you together. They will ask, and they won't give you the sticker if she can't show them one!!

Ji&Ma
20th September 2009, 14:20
The whole CFO thing is a complete farce in my opinion. Nobody in Philippines bothers to tell you anything about it so I'd guess theres a lot of people that get turned around AFTER theyve paid their terminal fees at the airport!
I only found out about it here and it was a complete surprise to my fiancee. Their website is one of the worst Ive ever seen and gives you conflicting information.
They dont even tell you the full requirements before you go there!
Make sure your wife has pictures of you together. They will ask, and they won't give you the sticker if she can't show them one!!

:iagree: for us it was more or less the same - we found out about CFO just by chance, unless you are member of forum or you have some friend or relative who gone this way before you you have no means how to find out about it.
Also they will ask your fiancee about your mothers maiden name :doh :Brick: and what was the course of your studies :NoNo: :Brick:
(:censored: just wonder what for they need to know it :censored: :Erm: :Erm: :Erm: )

pumpkins
20th September 2009, 14:20
strange though:Erm: they did not ask picture of me and my husband together even i brought 3 pics..
but i was talking to one lady there going to sweden..the cfo lady asked her to come back coz she did'nt have pictures of her and husband to show so she did not give cfo certificate..
and also the cfo staff there did not ask my original documents..:Erm:

and also give to your wife your middle name ( your mom maiden name ) coz the cfo will ask that.. if your wife did not know, the cfo staff will ask your wife to contact you..

simont
20th September 2009, 22:58
thanks guys for all the kind words and its reassuring to know that we are not the only ones to be caught out by this stupid law.

I have told Grace all she needs to know and all she needs to have, thanks to this site only! And like some have said she would have been at the airport in 5 hours time excited about coming home only for somebody to tell her she needs to be told what its like to live with an englishman. well we have lived together for 3 years and we don't need anybody to tell us what a mixed relationship is like as we are more than happy thank you very much!!

The worst thing about our situation is that we used to live in Dubai and the british embassy there told us we could change Grace's visit visa to a spouse visa once we were settled in the Uk!!

The Thing is I can't get to upset because my wife is lucky as she has here visa and she will be here on Saturday, but I am just sick of people questioning our relationship.