PDA

View Full Version : mr

mobilepillo
20th September 2009, 05:27
hi,my names andy and ive just joined this site,hope to make a few friends.i will be visiting cebu in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to a good time.

pumpkins
20th September 2009, 05:32
hi andy welcome to the forum..:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

eleazebonares
20th September 2009, 06:21
Welcome!

scottishbride
20th September 2009, 07:32
Welcome to the forum! Cebu is a lovely place! Me and my hubby spent our honeymoon in Shangri-la Mactan! Enjoy your stay!!!!

mobilepillo
20th September 2009, 10:01
Welcome to the forum! Cebu is a lovely place! Me and my hubby spent our honeymoon in Shangri-la Mactan! Enjoy your stay!!!!

hi,thankyou for the welcome,im about to be married in cebu and i was wondering if you could help me,i have already my cert.no imped,but would like to know if i can get my legal capacity to contract marriage at the british consulate in cebu or do i have to go to manila?

pumpkins
20th September 2009, 10:24
hi,thankyou for the welcome,im about to be married in cebu and i was wondering if you could help me,i have already my cert.no imped,but would like to know if i can get my legal capacity to contract marriage at the british consulate in cebu or do i have to go to manila?

hi i think you only can get legal capacity to marry in manila..:)

scottishbride
20th September 2009, 10:31
hi i think you only can get legal capacity to marry in manila..:)

This is not quite correct. You can apply in Cebu.
You can also apply for a local CNI through our Honorary British Consuls (HBC) listed below. Please contact the HBC in the area nearest you for an appointment.

Mrs Moya Jackson MBE Tel: (63) (32) 346 0525 / Fax: (63) (32) 032 238 9055
CEBU Email: Moya.Jackson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk

Mr Douglas Paterson MBE Tel/Fax: (63) (45) 323 4187
ANGELES, Pampanga Email: Douglas.Paterson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk

Mr Michael Wilson Tel: (632) 894 1549 / Fax: (632) 894 5579
SUBIC, Olongapo Email: Michael.Wilson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk

pumpkins
20th September 2009, 10:44
This is not quite correct. You can apply in Cebu.
You can also apply for a local CNI through our Honorary British Consuls (HBC) listed below. Please contact the HBC in the area nearest you for an appointment.

Mrs Moya Jackson MBE Tel: (63) (32) 346 0525 / Fax: (63) (32) 032 238 9055
CEBU Email: Moya.Jackson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk

Mr Douglas Paterson MBE Tel/Fax: (63) (45) 323 4187
ANGELES, Pampanga Email: Douglas.Paterson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk

Mr Michael Wilson Tel: (632) 894 1549 / Fax: (632) 894 5579
SUBIC, Olongapo Email: Michael.Wilson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk

oh..:doh thanks for correction scottishbride :icon_lol::icon_lol:
i thought you can only get in manila:Erm:

Sophie
20th September 2009, 11:04
hi,my names andy and ive just joined this site,hope to make a few friends.i will be visiting cebu in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to a good time.

welcome to the forum andy and enjoy your trip to cebu :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
20th September 2009, 11:07
Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Louella & Iain.

scottishbride
20th September 2009, 11:29
oh..:doh thanks for correction scottishbride :icon_lol::icon_lol:
i thought you can only get in manila:Erm:

No problem Pumpkins! :)

Alan
20th September 2009, 11:53
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. We had to wait 10 days for the Legal Capacity thingy, I believe that is the norm here.

BTW - if you want to meet me when you arrive in Cebu - maybe I or my wife will be able to answer some of your questions.

Al.:)

jaishann
20th September 2009, 12:10

Hello hope you'll have a good time! have fun and welcome

PAT
20th September 2009, 16:02
Welcome to the forum!...:)

aug06_2006
20th September 2009, 16:05
Hi Andy, welcome n hope you'll enjoy in Cebu.

whiteraven
20th September 2009, 16:17
hi andy welcome to the madhouse:omg:

lizaphil
20th September 2009, 18:51

hello and welcome:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Ji&Ma
20th September 2009, 23:47
:Hellooo: Hi Andy, warm welcome to you in here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
21st September 2009, 13:09
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. We had to wait 10 days for the Legal Capacity thingy, I believe that is the norm here.

BTW - if you want to meet me when you arrive in Cebu - maybe I or my wife will be able to answer some of your questions.

Al.:)

You can get the Legal Capacity Certificate while you wait at the British Embassy in Manila, I'm not sure about the consulate in Cebu, but you'll probably have to wait up to 10 days for a marriage licence once you've got that. On top of that you'll probably have to attend a pre-marital seminar as well.

Iain.

gWaPito
21st September 2009, 13:37
You can get the Legal Capacity Certificate while you wait at the British Embassy in Manila, I'm not sure about the consulate in Cebu, but you'll probably have to wait up to 10 days for a marriage licence once you've got that. On top of that you'll probably have to attend a pre-marital seminar as well.

Iain.

We had the option to attend the 'pre-marital seminar' or pay 400 peso's
This was in Manila, they may conduct things differently in Cebu :)

IainBusby
21st September 2009, 13:46
We had the option to attend the 'pre-marital seminar' or pay 400 peso's
This was in Manila, they may conduct things differently in Cebu :)

I believe you can usually get out of it almost anywhere if your a foriegner and you let them know you'd rather not do it and your prepared to pay to get around it.

Ana_may365
21st September 2009, 17:45
uhm,uhm,better late than never:D:D
hiya!welcome aboard:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

girl england
21st September 2009, 17:57
Welcome to the forum!

tiN
21st September 2009, 20:47
Welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Enjoy and best wishes on your upcoming wedding:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
22nd September 2009, 18:08

:Hellooo: Welcome, Andy ... and enjoy your forthcoming trip.

Hmm ... I'VE never been entirely sure how far the jurisdiction of the Consular Office in *Cebu extends in such matters. However, from the replies you've received to date, the consensus of opinion suggests it's possible to exchange your CNI *there ... IF you're prepared to wait 10 days ... whereas I DO know Legal Capacity can be obtained in a straightforward single transaction by travelling to Manila [which is what my wife and I did - albeit from Mindanao].

So, :Erm: ... it would really seem to depend upon how much TIME you have at your disposal.

pumpkins
23rd September 2009, 02:16
yes legal capacity to marry took only 20 minutes when me and my husband applied there..
still depending on the queue:)

Ladybug_sim
23rd September 2009, 15:33
:Hellooo: Andy hi! .. welcome to the forum... I think I'm gonna late to say but better to say welcome you here and hope you enjoy your trip then and wish you good luck... :)