PDA

View Full Version : Home for Christmas?

mdphillips1956
20th September 2009, 11:31
Hello all,
I am Mark and 53 and should know better, but about to start visa stuff again years after the first time.
I live in Sussex in England with one five year old eurasian daughter called Roseanne Joy.
Thanks,
Mark.........................

pumpkins
20th September 2009, 11:43
hi welcome to the forum...mark
but about to start visa stuff again years after the first time
what does it mean? have you sponsored visa before?

scottishbride
20th September 2009, 11:44
Welcome to the forum!

jaishann
20th September 2009, 12:09
Hello all,
I am Mark and 53 and should know better, but about to start visa stuff again years after the first time.
I live in Sussex in England with one five year old eurasian daughter called Roseanne Joy.
Thanks,

Welcome Mark, hello to your daughter

Ji&Ma
20th September 2009, 13:20
:Hellooo: Hello Mark, welcome welcome indeed :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
20th September 2009, 13:25
Welcome on board mark.

IainBusby
20th September 2009, 14:21
Hi Mark,
Welcome to the forum. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Louella & Iain.

gWaPito
20th September 2009, 14:44
Hello Mark
Welcome to the friendly forum...

mdphillips1956
20th September 2009, 20:57
Hi all on the site,
And thanks for the friendly welcome.
The first lady to reply made me a bit nervous in her question about had I sponsored before... and am I going to get the dreaded answer that the system only allows you to fall in love once in your life in the Philippines!

Sadly I am separated now from the lady who came home with me early in 2003, though we are very good friends and share our daughter.

My question really (apart from can one fall in love twice) if anyone can help here is: assuming I am not barred from seeking a second partner, can my intended civil partner and me who are both married to someone else, qualify for a settlement visa to the UK?

Thanks for reading this,
Mark D Phillips..................

PAT
20th September 2009, 21:37
Welcome to the forum...!

Arthur Little
20th September 2009, 22:01
Hello all,
Thanks,

:Hellooo: Welcome, Mark ... and greetings to Roseanne Joy.

pumpkins
21st September 2009, 03:32
Hi all on the site,
And thanks for the friendly welcome.
The first lady to reply made me a bit nervous in her question about had I sponsored before... and am I going to get the dreaded answer that the system only allows you to fall in love once in your life in the Philippines!

Sadly I am separated now from the lady who came home with me early in 2003, though we are very good friends and share our daughter.

My question really (apart from can one fall in love twice) if anyone can help here is: assuming I am not barred from seeking a second partner, can my intended civil partner and me who are both married to someone else, qualify for a settlement visa to the UK?

Thanks for reading this,
Mark D Phillips..................

hi mark sorry if i made u a bit nervous:D
of course we are allow to fall in love twice or many times:cwm38:i am not a first filipina wife of my husband..he had sponsored his first filipina wife before.they are divorced for 1 year now and now he will sponsor me,we are married.so thats why i am just wondering if i am not alone in this scenario:Erm:

anyway,sorry for being nosey:doh

can my intended civil partner and me who are both married to someone else, qualify for a settlement visa to the UK?

:Erm:anyone can answer this pls..

darren-b
21st September 2009, 06:46

You won't be barred for sponsoring a second partner, but both of you being married is a problem if your partner is going to apply for a visa on the basis of your relationship. You need to arrange a divorce and they need to arrange an annulment of their previous marriage.

ginapeterb
21st September 2009, 08:33
As Darren has correctly pointed out, you can fall in love as many times as you like, but that is not the issue, if you are married to Miss Filipina already, then you would need to start divorce proceedings against your current Filipino wife, and as you have a child who appears to be in your care, that can complicate matters, unless of course Miss Filipina is still resident in the UK.

Even if she is, there is the issue of custody, of who will be the resident parent, and who will be the non resident parent.

Then there is the issue of child support and of course financial direction arrangements, a divorce of this nature, where you have a child, can in some situations go on for about 9 months to a year, depending on whether you issue instructions to a solicitor, or if you could conduct the matter yourself, but its highly unadvisable, you should seek legal aid for your divorce as the costs can amount to between £12,000 to £15,000 if children are involved. (I have experience of this).

Secondly, then there is the issue of your civil partner, it appears then she is with you now, i.e. Miss Filipina no 2, if that is the case, and she is also married to a.n.other, if that marriage was to a Filipino, and her status is one of being a Filipino citizen, then the only way that marriage may be dissolved, is by viture of a legal anulment proceeding.

If she is British, then she may dissolve it by a UK Divorce, however, you can still live together without all of this complications in your joint lives, best of luck.

Ana_may365
21st September 2009, 17:47
hiya!welcome aboard:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

girl england
21st September 2009, 17:55
Welcome to the forum!