PDA

View Full Version : I called the British Embassy

scottishbride
23rd September 2009, 07:20
Hi guys, its me again. I called the British Embassy and confirmed whether it's ok to delay my travel. Although some of the members here replied to my previous thread that it's ok to travel later as long as I will enter UK before 16th December 2009. They require me to fax a letter stating the reason why I will not travelling soon. Should I worry??? My husband already booked and paid for our flights and we are leaving on 12th of December 2009 arriving at Edinburgh on 13th. I am worried now...:bigcry::bigcry:

darren-b
23rd September 2009, 07:42
Hi guys, its me again. I called the British Embassy and confirmed whether i's ok to delay my travel. Although some of the members here replied to my previous thread that it's ok to travel later as long as I will enter UK before 16th December 2009. They require me to fax a letter stating the reason why I will not travelling soon. Should I worry??? My husband already booked and paid for our flights and we are leaving on 12th of December 2009 arriving at Edinburgh on 13th. I am worried now...:bigcry::bigcry:

I wouldn't worry. They purposely increased the length of the visa to 27 months to allow people to delay their travelling. It's unrealistic to think everyone can just migrate to a new country immediately especially when they can't be certain when the visa will be granted.

scottishbride
23rd September 2009, 10:15
I wouldn't worry. They purposely increased the length of the visa to 27 months to allow people to delay their travelling. It's unrealistic to think everyone can just migrate to a new country immediately especially when they can't be certain when the visa will be granted.

Thank you for the quick reply to my thread. I really hope it's ok, I am still waiting for the response from the British Embassy. :)

IainBusby
23rd September 2009, 12:00
Hi guys, its me again. I called the British Embassy and confirmed whether it's ok to delay my travel. Although some of the members here replied to my previous thread that it's ok to travel later as long as I will enter UK before 16th December 2009. They require me to fax a letter stating the reason why I will not travelling soon. Should I worry??? My husband already booked and paid for our flights and we are leaving on 12th of December 2009 arriving at Edinburgh on 13th. I am worried now...:bigcry::bigcry:

I would just tell them that when you applied for the visa the estimated waiting time (stated by them) was 3 months, so you didn't expect to have your visa so soon and because of this you still have lots of loose ends to tie up before you leave. As Darren said, they increased the visa period from 24 to 27 months so that people could delay their travel by up to three months and still arrive in the UK in time to qualify for ILR by the time the visa expires. I think they're just being bloody awkward by asking you to send a fax and explain yourself. They're like little tin gods these embassy people, they just love to weild their little bit of power.

Iain.

scottishbride
24th September 2009, 07:49
I would just tell them that when you applied for the visa the estimated waiting time (stated by them) was 3 months, so you didn't expect to have your visa so soon and because of this you still have lots of loose ends to tie up before you leave. As Darren said, they increased the visa period from 24 to 27 months so that people could delay their travel by up to three months and still arrive in the UK in time to qualify for ILR by the time the visa expires. I think they're just being bloody awkward by asking you to send a fax and explain yourself. They're like little tin gods these embassy people, they just love to weild their little bit of power.

Iain.

Hi Iain, Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it! I am really confused why they asked me a letter stating the reason why am gonna delay my travel?:Erm: My husband told me that I spoke to a wrong person! Anyway, my husband think it's better to call the home office.