PDA

View Full Version : Can I attend Biometrics appointment too?

Fountainhead
24th September 2009, 20:53
I left this a bit late to ask but I'm taking my wife to give her biometrics tomorrow at Croydon as part of her application for FLR. Will I be able to go inside the building and stay with her while she has everything done or do they only allow the applicant inside?

Many thanks!

JudyHon
24th September 2009, 21:39
I left this a bit late to ask but I'm taking my wife to give her biometrics tomorrow at Croydon as part of her application for FLR. Will I be able to go inside the building and stay with her while she has everything done or do they only allow the applicant inside?

Many thanks!

Yes you can stay with her all through the process. Goodluck on your wife's application. :)

Fountainhead
24th September 2009, 21:54
Thank you! I know she'll feel more comfortable there if I can stay with her thru the process so thats good news. :)

Arthur Little
25th September 2009, 01:05

Many thanks!

Yes you can stay with her *all through the process. Goodluck on your wife's application. :)

Oh! ... :Erm: ... *that's a new one on ME. Certainly when MY wife lodged her papers at the British Embassy in Manila last January, I was able to accompany her into the the Phil Axa Building [after a wee bit of "haggling" with the security guards!]. And I was even allowed to take a seat beside her while she submitted the sheaf of relevant documents at the VFS counter. But when it came to having her biometrics done, she went in alone. No one actually stopped me from entering the room where they were to be taken, mind you; I simply sat in the waiting area on the assumption that only the applicant was permitted inside.

Don't let that worry you, though, because things may well be done differently here in the UK. Again, good luck with your wife's application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
25th September 2009, 16:30
Oh! ... :Erm: ... *that's a new one on ME. Certainly when MY wife lodged her papers at the British Embassy in Manila last January, I was able to accompany her into the the Phil Axa Building [after a wee bit of "haggling" with the security guards!]. And I was even allowed to take a seat beside her while she submitted the sheaf of relevant documents at the VFS counter. But when it came to having her biometrics done, she went in alone. No one actually stopped me from entering the room where they were to be taken, mind you; I simply sat in the waiting area on the assumption that only the applicant was permitted inside.

Don't let that worry you, though, because things may well be done differently here in the UK. Again, good luck with your wife's application. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

you haggled and they let you in?? wow! you are good... my bf did the same but wasn't let in.. so he just stayed near the elevator door.. asked a chair from another office on the opposite side... LOL...