PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again

filipinalass
25th September 2009, 02:38
Hi, more info........... my name is Emmy, I am originally from Southern Leyte in the Philippines. I have lived in New Zealand for 14 months and moved to Australia 3 months ago. My next move is to Glasgow, Scotland. I am interested in finding out about Filipino food stores in Glasgow and anything else there is to know about Filipinos in Glasgow......

triple5
25th September 2009, 08:08
Hi Emmy welcome, quite a few friendly members here from Scotland. I'm sure they'll be along to say hi soon enough :)

Tiggers0608
25th September 2009, 08:50
Hi Emmy,

welcome tp the forum :xxgrinning--00xx3:

RuBiX
25th September 2009, 15:41
HI! Welcome to the forum;)

GaryFifer
25th September 2009, 16:03
Hi, more info........... my name is Emmy, I am originally from Southern Leyte in the Philippines. I have lived in New Zealand for 14 months and moved to Australia 3 months ago. My next move is to Glasgow, Scotland. I am interested in finding out about Filipino food stores in Glasgow and anything else there is to know about Filipinos in Glasgow......

Hello Emmy, I am Gary. Jess is from Maasin but moved away when she was 5. I wish you well in Glasgow. Do you like watching Billly Connolly? I am sure you know all about him.

The food stores you refer to are listed in threads under Asian/Filipino Food Supplies. The owner of the site wanted us to place them all in one place for reference.

On that board, only one was listed for Glasgow:

Lims Chinese Supermarket
Cambridge St

Also in Glasgow there was an event by a Scottish Philippine Charity which you may wish to be involved in.
http://www.scottishfilipinocharity.org/

Ana_may365
25th September 2009, 18:48
hiya!welcome aboard:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
25th September 2009, 19:05

:Hellooo: Welcome here, Emmy. Interesting to read that you've travelled around. I've visited a fair number of countries myself ... the Philippines included [my wife is from Davao del Norte' Province!] ... but never been to either Australia or New Zealand yet.

I was born - and spent the first 8 years of my life - in Glasgow ... though I'm afraid I don't know anything about Filipino food stores there. But I'd imagine a city of its size is likely to have at least one catering for the large population of your country(wo)men already living there.

lizaphil
25th September 2009, 20:45

hello and welcome,:Hellooo::Hellooo:
my mum live in sogod southern leyte

lavander
26th September 2009, 11:25
if am not mistaken, this will be my 2nd greetings to you.. Who cares... Big Welcome again..

Mrs Daddy
26th September 2009, 11:39
welcome here:)

girl england
26th September 2009, 13:31
HI! Welcome to the forum

jaishann
26th September 2009, 13:34

hi Emmy you dont travel much ehh..Welcome

Arthur Little
26th September 2009, 13:46
:Hellooo: Welcome here, Emmy. Interesting to read that you've travelled around. I've visited a fair number of countries myself ... the Philippines included [my wife is from Davao del Norte' Province!] ... but never been to either Australia or New Zealand yet.

I was born - and spent the first 8 years of my life - in Glasgow ... though I'm afraid I don't know anything about Filipino food stores there. But I'd imagine a city of its size is likely to have at least one catering for the large population of your country(wo)men already living there.

:Erm: Meant to mention the fact that Glasgow's Kelvin Hall was the venue chosen for the FIRST-EVER Barrio Fiesta to be held in Scotland. It took place back in June ... and turned out to be a "rip-roaring" success!

Margarita
26th September 2009, 13:54
Hello Filipinalass,

welcome aboard and good to know that you have visited places like you mentioned.....im sure there are members here that can provide what you are asking about....

welcome again and see you around......take care and God bless you too...

Sophie
26th September 2009, 22:39
welcome to the forum emmy :Hellooo::Hellooo:

Ayjay
26th September 2009, 22:48

Hello Emmy,

Your intended move from Australia to Glasgow will be traumatic. Think not once but a thousand times..

Accents and dialects in the conquered territories North of the River Thames can be challenging...

Good Luck...

AJ

filipinalass
26th September 2009, 23:15
Hello Emmy,

Your intended move from Australia to Glasgow will be traumatic. Think not once but a thousand times..

Accents and dialects in the conquered territories North of the River Thames can be challenging...

Good Luck...

AJ

hehehhehehe my husband is Scottish from near to Glasgow so I'm totally used to the accent yipeeeeeeeeeee in fact I find the Scottish accent easier to understand than most others..... traumatic nooooooooo hehehehehe Im not faint hearted hahahhahahaha and love to travel...................

Ayjay
26th September 2009, 23:22
hehehhehehe my husband is Scottish from near to Glasgow so I'm totally used to the accent yipeeeeeeeeeee in fact I find the Scottish accent easier to understand than most others..... traumatic nooooooooo hehehehehe Im not faint hearted hahahhahahaha and love to travel...................

That's the spirit... Listen closely, and the very best wishes for your stay here in the UK..

AJ

jimeve
27th September 2009, 12:17
Welcome on board fillylass, bring some warm clothing.