PDA

View Full Version : Storm causes widespread flooding

Win2Win
26th September 2009, 09:10
pMANILA, Philippines (strongAP/strong) mdash; Hundreds of people fled their homes today (Sept. 26) after overnight rains brought by Tropical Storm Ondoy flooded Metro Manila and areas in the northern Philippines./p

More... (http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=508807publicationSubCategoryId=63)

mickcant
26th September 2009, 09:36
pMANILA, Philippines (strongAP/strong) mdash; Hundreds of people fled their homes today (Sept. 26) after overnight rains brought by Tropical Storm Ondoy flooded Metro Manila and areas in the northern Philippines./p

More... (http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=508807publicationSubCategoryId=63)
Hi all, :Hellooo:
I have been unable to phone my wife who is in C.D.O. but text do get through they have flooding there too.

Jennifer is duu to fly to Manila Sunday afternoon for her flight to the UK on Monday, I can only hope the flooding is not afecting air travel.
I am of course not fogetting the misery caused to so many people who are affected by the storms and flooding.
Mick.:NoNo:

belfast_dude
26th September 2009, 09:57
that weather....it does worry me...my wife is there...and i am here...and us in the uk think our weather is bad....we r lucky here...a little bit of rain here and we are all crying...i heop the rain stops there fast....and they r all safe and well....the people are in my prayers....this time of the year does worry me...but hopefully they will all be ok...it really does anger me.....half the year it is too hot....and the other half they r suffering from the rains...the people there are far stronger than me....i was there in may/june,,,,it rains for one day....wow i never seen rain like it before...scary....

JimOttley
26th September 2009, 10:14
that weather....it does worry me...my wife is there...and i am here...and us in the uk think our weather is bad....we r lucky here...a little bit of rain here and we are all crying...i heop the rain stops there fast....and they r all safe and well....the people are in my prayers....this time of the year does worry me...but hopefully they will all be ok...it really does anger me.....half the year it is too hot....and the other half they r suffering from the rains...the people there are far stronger than me....i was there in may/june,,,,it rains for one day....wow i never seen rain like it before...scary....

I'm in the same boat I'm in the UK and Ana and the kids are in Manila.

To make it worse my son's been in hospital the last four days with mild pneumonia :( and my daughter's been ill as well.

There will be health issues after this flooding.

Jim

belfast_dude
26th September 2009, 10:41
I'm in the same boat I'm in the uk and ana and the kids are in Manila.

To make it worse my sons been in hospital the last four days with mild pneumonia :( and my daughters been I'll as well.

There will be health issues after this flooding

i really hope ur family and all the other people will be ok...i pray for them all

kenny
26th September 2009, 12:16
My girlfriend Arlene is in Cainta rizal, i got a offline message from her when i turned on my laptop telling me that everywhere is flooeded, even the house which is elevated which makes me worried.

she text me recently and told me she is stranded outside the house with her cousin's wife and cant contact anyone due to the blackout.

If anyone gets any updates please post them.

Alan
26th September 2009, 12:50
We are catching some of the bad weather here in Cebu - but not serious so far. However, it's been on tele today, loads of flights cancelled in Manila. I hope that you are all safe and ok.

Al.:)

JimOttley
26th September 2009, 22:27
i really hope ur family and all the other people will be ok...i pray for them all

Thanks belfast_dude, hope the same for your wife and family.

Jim