PDA

View Full Version : Top Gel soap in UK?

aposhark
27th September 2009, 23:09
Hi,

Does anyone know a shop in the UK that sells Top Gel soap?
My wife misses it a lot.
We looked on ebay but it was too expensive.

She has been getting pimples on her face since she arrived in England (she had perfect skin in Phils) and she has been getting down about it.

I have asked her to watch her diet but she isn't eating too much chocolate, sugary or oily things. I am at a loss as to what to tell her to make her skin better.

Maybe it is just the change of diet and the water here, I don't know.

Top Gel soap was her favourite back home, I am trying to eliminate possible causes to her pimples.

My sister told me to buy fairy powder for the washing machine and to buy organic soap, not like the ones based on petro-chemical products.

Thanks.

bornatbirth
27th September 2009, 23:20
is there no philipino shop near you?

treating her to a few things will make her happy.

changing your soap powder may help and try using unperfumed products to wash with.

Sophie
27th September 2009, 23:28
Hi aposhark, i experienced thesame thing when i got here in uk, i got pimple breakouts out of the blue,
must be the change in weather since my skin was fine back home....
I tried a few products from here which did not work until i tried Clearasil skin perfecting wash,
it worked really well for me and my face is pimple free since i used it here in uk....and i got no other skin regimen for my face other than this one....
I used the one with microbeads so it exfoliates your skin once you massage it on your face and it has moisturiser as well, keeps my skin from drying...
It is effective and inexpensive as well :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Maybe rochelle can try this one, it might work well on her too....

aposhark
28th September 2009, 00:03
is there no philipino shop near you?

treating her to a few things will make her happy.

changing your soap powder may help and try using unperfumed products to wash with.

Thanks bornatbirth,

There is a shop in Birmingham apparently, we will go there soon.

aposhark
28th September 2009, 00:06
Hi aposhark, i experienced thesame thing when i got here in uk, i got pimple breakouts out of the blue,
I tried a few products from here which did not work until i tried Clearasil skin perfecting wash,
it worked really well for me and my face is pimple free since i used it here in uk....and i got no other skin regimen for my face other than this one....
I used the one with microbeads so it exfoliates your skin once you massage it on your face and it has moisturiser as well, keeps my skin from drying...

Thanks Sophie,
I will show Rochelyn your reply, it will be very useful coming from a Filipina!
She has done a fair bit of crying recently and I really feel for her, but as a man, I know nothing about these complicated things.....

joebloggs
28th September 2009, 00:54
its that southern water water, getting some proper northern tap water mr shark :D

stress ? late nights ? not enough sleep? time of the month ? bun in the oven ?

:Erm:

aposhark
28th September 2009, 00:58
its that southern water water, getting some proper northern tap water mr shark :D

stress ? late nights ? not enough sleep? time of the month ? bun in the oven ?

:Erm:

Hi Joe, could be the first three......but I think I will follow Sophie's advice!

joebloggs
28th September 2009, 01:04
Hi Joe, could be the first three......but I think I will follow Sophie's advice!

what's up with the last one :Erm:

little joe, is the only thing that keeps me going thru all the crap :rolleyes:

he was sick last night on his blanky, he got out of his bed, said ' i'll be back' , i went to look for him, and the little guy was in the bathroom washing it under the sink, and hes still only 2yrs old :icon_lol:

aposhark
28th September 2009, 01:17
what's up with the last one :Erm:

little joe, is the only thing that keeps me going thru all the crap :rolleyes:

he was sick last night on his blanky, he got out of his bed, said ' i'll be back' , i went to look for him, and the little guy was in the bathroom washing it under the sink, and hes still only 2yrs old :icon_lol:

She had her monthly so doubt she is pregnant, although my sister who is a nurse told me women can get pregnant and have a monthly :cwm24:

Your boy sounds smart, but perhaps you should get him off the Jack Daniels :NEW1:

joebloggs
28th September 2009, 01:24
well i wish you'll need to buy many bottles of jack d's in soon yourself :rolleyes:

yes maybe too smart, but thats kids at that age for you :D

night guys, i've got to be up in 3 1/2 hrs :bigcry:

aposhark
28th September 2009, 01:31
well i wish you'll need to buy many bottles of jack d's in soon yourself :rolleyes:

Or Gin & Tears if she has a baby girl one day :lol2:

GaryFifer
28th September 2009, 08:19
Common misconception is the diet issue. It is not a factor. It is caused by overactivity of the sebaceous glands that secrete oily substances on to your skin. The surface of your skin has lots of small sebaceous glands just below the surface. These glands make sebum (a natural oil) that keeps the skin smooth and supple. The sebaceous glands of people with acne are especially sensitive to normal blood levels of a hormone called testosterone, found naturally in both men and women. This will be higher when you have lots of boom boom

Creams and lotions

There are several creams and lotions you may be prescribed, including those listed below.

* Azelaic acid (Skinoren) is an alternative to benzoyl peroxide and may not make your skin as sore as benzoyl peroxide.
* Retinoids (eg Adapalene) are medicines based on vitamin A, which you can rub into your skin daily. They work by encouraging the outer layer of skin to flake off.
* An antibiotic lotion, such as clindamycin (eg Dalacin T) or erythromycin (eg Stiemycin), applied to your skin can be used to control the P. acnes bacteria. You will need to continue this treatment for at least six months.
* Creams and lotions that combine an antimicrobial with other acne medication are also available (eg Quinoderm).

KeithD
28th September 2009, 08:35
Common misconception is the diet issue.
You've just saved me saying all that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Changes in temperature can be a problem, as it is cooler here in the UK the facial pores will be closed more, and therefore locking in the bacteria.

A hot bath till you sweat and a facial scrub opens them up for cleaning.

...anyway, you should love her for who she is, warts an all....

http://www.weirdsky.com/miscImages/witch.jpg

Ji&Ma
28th September 2009, 10:07
Hi Mike - try to search on Google for "Blemish complex" - they sell it either through their website or you can get it from big Boots stores, Boots website and other chemists.
My Maricel had the same problem shortly after she arrived in here and this stuff helped her a lot :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
28th September 2009, 14:14
Thanks all for your replies.

It is interesting that a few Filipinas get these pimples when they come to colder climates. Maybe it is common for many ladies who come to live here?

I will print this thread so far and show it to my dear wife.

IainBusby
28th September 2009, 14:33

My wife also had a problem with pimples for a while when she first came here and clearasil worked for her as well.

pumpkins
28th September 2009, 15:14
My wife also had a problem with pimples for a while when she first came here and clearasil worked for her as well.

oh no! i hate pimples:doh:doh:doh

GaryFifer
28th September 2009, 16:25
Another thing to take into consideration is Vitamin D from sun exposure. Sun helps get rid of spots too.

I have lack of Vitamin D sometimes, which showed up in my bloods lack of sunlight :)

Ask your GP if she can get this medicine ADCAL D3. It is not really prescription only medicine. But if you need it, ask. It is just calcium carbonate (chalk) and tastes like strawberry when chewed.

More detail here : ADCAL D3 (http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100004662.html)