PDA

View Full Version : When im in UK...

fatedtoloveyou
29th September 2009, 23:25
My flight is on the 7th of october. What documents should I carry when speaking to the immigration people? I know there is an interview right? whats the usual questions? help me guys about this. Im kinda nervous now.:bigcry:

Ann07
29th September 2009, 23:32
My flight is on the 7th of october. What documents should I carry when speaking to the immigration people? I know there is an interview right? whats the usual questions? help me guys about this. Im kinda nervous now.:bigcry:

Just be yourself dear:) Stop panicking always give them a big:D and stay calm.

Are you on a student visa? if i remember rightly:) I would say just prepare you PASSPORT as the most important thing:xxgrinning--00xx3: They might ask you certain documents relating to your purpose of coming here example the college or university papers i would saey etc...

Hope that helps:) have a safe journey and dont forget to wrapped up yourself as its getting colder here now...oh i hate it:doh

Goodluck:)

Ji&Ma
29th September 2009, 23:49
Get your papers ready (passport, visa, letters from the school, study programme etc.) - put them into your hand luggage NOT to the checked-in baggage as you won't have access to them when you will need them - immigration control is before the baggage claims.
Memorize as much about your study as you can - where you will be studying, where you going to stay, what is the course of your study + details about it, what you want to do in UK in your time off - work (part time only - 20hrs max.) etc.
But don't learn it as a "poem" or totally automatically as the ECO the entry point can sense it and be nosey - it is much better to be just yourself, natural and relaxed as Ann pointed out.
No need to worry too much about it, I know you will be all right and that you can do it. :Hellooo:
Wish you good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
30th September 2009, 03:43
question though: should he attend the CFO seminar also or is it just for those with fiancee/spouse visa, OFW, and immigrants?

abby
30th September 2009, 06:20
hi fatedtoloveyou..

im leaving also on the 7th, what airlines are you traveling with?

adam&chryss
30th September 2009, 08:56
bring id's too.. like ur school id :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pumpkins
30th September 2009, 12:04
i will be at the airport too on oct 7..well its not my flight though:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
its my husband arrival..oh i miss him so much..am so excited:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

anyway happy trip for you fatedtoloveyou:Hellooo:

Jonnywina
30th September 2009, 13:16
Just be yourself..I did not have a problem with the immigration. Just be prepared. Bring ID's, your passport, your papers for school and your medical papers like xray results etc. but if you do not have it, you can have it done at the airport. The Immigration officer will ADVICE you where to go if you need one. Don't forget to put every important documents you have in your hand luggage. Wear something heavy as it is getting really cold :( I miss the sunshine back home :P

fatedtoloveyou
30th September 2009, 13:44
hi fatedtoloveyou..

im leaving also on the 7th, what airlines are you traveling with?

Cathay Pacific my dear. :)

fatedtoloveyou
30th September 2009, 13:46
Just be yourself..I did not have a problem with the immigration. Just be prepared. Bring ID's, your passport, your papers for school and your medical papers like xray results etc. but if you do not have it, you can have it done at the airport. The Immigration officer will ADVICE you where to go if you need one. Don't forget to put every important documents you have in your hand luggage. Wear something heavy as it is getting really cold :( I miss the sunshine back home :P

I have my x-ray result? Is that all? thanks

gWaPito
30th September 2009, 13:53
i will be at the airport too on oct 7..well its not my flight though:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
its my husband arrival..oh i miss him so much..am so excited:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

anyway happy trip for you fatedtoloveyou:Hellooo:

I bet I'm more excited than you Pumps!!! :Rasp:

fatedtoloveyou
4th October 2009, 07:01
Im going to bring a laptop with me. Is it ok? Is there any fee for that in the airport? thanks guys.

aromulus
4th October 2009, 08:05
Im going to bring a laptop with me. Is it ok? Is there any fee for that in the airport? thanks guys.

Yes you can bring your lappie without fear.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

This money hungry government hasn't stumbled on the laptop tax yet.....:omg:

waiting
5th October 2009, 11:29
hi! i would just like to ask if the immigration officer in uk will literally ask you to show them how much money you have in your wallet?

Sophie
5th October 2009, 11:34

Laptop's fine to bring and no fees for that......Have a safe trip paul :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
5th October 2009, 22:26
hi! i would just like to ask if the immigration officer in uk will literally ask you to show them how much money you have in your wallet?

no :icon_lol:,can i ask why are you asking.

all you need is your passport and visa,if you have already been granted the visa then you should have no probs! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

waiting
6th October 2009, 08:00
because i've heard somewhere that they ask you how much you have and if they are doubtful they will ask if you could show them how much you have

fatedtoloveyou
6th October 2009, 08:53
my pocket money is 700 dollars is that ok guys?

rusty
6th October 2009, 09:20
dollars

:Erm:

James Hubbard
6th October 2009, 09:26
:Erm:

What is a dollar and what is it for? :cwm24:

Tawi2
6th October 2009, 10:48
Contrary to popular opinion we arent the 51'st state fated,the "Special relationship" isnt that special :icon_lol:We have pound sterling££ and not dollars$$ :icon_lol: You know we are only joking mate Mabuting paglalakbay patungo sa england :xxgrinning--00xx3: