PDA

View Full Version : finally a brit now ..

jaishann
9th October 2009, 23:30
Hello beautiful people just sharing my big smiles my application was succesful for British citizenship.

Sophie
9th October 2009, 23:31
Hello beautiful people just sharing my big smiles my application was succesful for British citizenship.

WOW, congratulations sis and i'm so happy for you :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Northerner
9th October 2009, 23:32
Congratulations, fellow Limey:D

jaishann
9th October 2009, 23:35
WOW, congratulations sis and i'm so happy for you :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

thanks sis i bet Kriz will be too.:)

jaishann
9th October 2009, 23:36
Congratulations, fellow Limey:D

thanks to you and Riza

Sophie
9th October 2009, 23:37
thanks sis i bet Kriz will be too.:)

I know sis, wherever she is, i'm sure she is so happy for you, naiiyak naman ako......

jaishann
9th October 2009, 23:38
I know sis, wherever she is, i'm sure she is so happy for you, naiiyak naman ako......

you know i love her so much iyak din ako hehe.

bornatbirth
9th October 2009, 23:47
well done!

nice to have you here :D

btw are you wearing your union jack underpants and t-shirt :rolleyes:

Sophie
9th October 2009, 23:49
you know i love her so much iyak din ako hehe.

i know sis and you're the best friend she ever had :):)

jaishann
9th October 2009, 23:52
well done!

nice to have you here :D

btw are you wearing your union jack underpants and t-shirt :rolleyes:

thanks

no im comfy without them:yikes:

bornatbirth
9th October 2009, 23:59
thanks

no im comfy without them:yikes:

no undies this time of year :Erm: even im feeling the cold :NoNo:

jaishann
10th October 2009, 00:12
no undies this time of year :Erm: even im feeling the cold :NoNo:

got electric blanket though bet that will do ya? :)

Arthur Little
10th October 2009, 00:24

:Britain: Congratulations & Well Done!

jaishann
10th October 2009, 00:27
:Britain: Congratulations & Well Done!

thanks a lot Arthur

Ann07
10th October 2009, 12:52
well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jaishann
10th October 2009, 13:32
well done:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks a lot dear

pennybarry
10th October 2009, 13:36
Congrats! How long you've wait! Not so important as long as it's approved but we'll be too hard to travel whilst under process .:D:Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

jaishann
10th October 2009, 13:47
Congrats! How long you've wait! Not so important as long as it's approved but we'll be too hard to travel whilst under process .:D:Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

thanks Penny with a lovely smile 3 weeks processing , it was the best 3 Fridays in my life ..fri when i posted , fri when it was acknowledged and fri when i got the result..

have a nice day

pennybarry
10th October 2009, 13:59
thanks Penny with a lovely smile 3 weeks processing , it was the best 3 Fridays in my life ..fri when i posted , fri when it was acknowledged and fri when i got the result..

have a nice day

That was great! Did they ask you about volunteering job? I'm gathering more info for my application. To be honest, I don't like to wait months, so I need all my docs to be completed and go!

I just sent my volunteering application this morning. I'll be paid a little but help them a lot. My pleasure:)

jaishann
10th October 2009, 14:13
That was great! Did they ask you about volunteering job? I'm gathering more info for my application. To be honest, I don't like to wait months, so I need all my docs to be completed and go!

I just sent my volunteering application this morning. I'll be paid a little but help them a lot. My pleasure:)

no nothing like that.If you mean the requirements these are the things I have provided:

i have attached my P60. P45 HMRC letters GP's appointment & letter from school ( from 2006 to 2009) one each for each year - just to show I'm here all the required qualifying period

my passport and my husbands passport

marriage certificate

..as to volunteering Penny, I am not aware of that sorry. is that a requirement too?

pennybarry
10th October 2009, 14:17
no nothing like that.If you mean the requirements these are the things I have provided:

i have attached my P60. P45 HMRC letters GP's appointment & letter from school ( from 2006 to 2009) one each for each year - just to show I'm here all the required qualifying period

my passport and my husbands passport

marriage certificate

..as to volunteering Penny, I am not aware of that sorry. is that a requirement too?

That's new requirement but not sure how many hours. I am sure it will help because you contribute something good to your community.

Cheers! Thank you very much!:BouncyHappy:

jaishann
10th October 2009, 14:30
That's new requirement but not sure how many hours. I am sure it will help because you contribute something good to your community.

well I think I have paid much tax :icon_lol::icon_lol:

No probs Penny Take care.

alicat
10th October 2009, 15:35
congratulations and well done.

jaishann
10th October 2009, 15:39
congratulations and well done.

Thank you very much.

GaryFifer
10th October 2009, 15:42

You'll be a Brit soon, when you start knowing the plot to Eastenders, Coranation Street, Bill, and complaining about how things were better in the old days :)

jaishann
10th October 2009, 15:47
You'll be a Brit soon, when you start knowing the plot to Eastenders, Coranation Street, Bill, and complaining about how things were better in the old days :)

I thought its the weather that Brits complains most?

If that was a requirement (Eastenders, Coronation Street and Bill) I'd never be succesful I hope having mushy peas, gravy, puddings and chips will do instead?:D:D

GaryFifer
10th October 2009, 15:54
I thought its the weather that Brits complains most?

If that was a requirement (Eastenders, Coronation Street and Bill) I'd never be succesful I hope having mushy peas, gravy, puddings and chips will do instead?:D:D

Ah thats a common misconception, it is a subject we can talk about, that leads to other things. It may be raining in a wee glen and sunny on the other side of a house. The weather is so varied, we can just live in hope we get a bit sun.

Hmm most UK people go for a Chinese or an Indian curry.

Have a read here about stereotypes. It is a common theme to our national identity. This is written by a Junior High in Kent.

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/stereotypes.htm

jaishann
10th October 2009, 16:10
Hmm most UK people go for a Chinese or an Indian curry.

not my husband as he gets it everyday he he..

thanks for the link

jaishann
10th October 2009, 16:24
Have a read here about stereotypes. It is a common theme to our national identity. This is written by a Junior High in Kent.

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/stereotypes.htm[/QUOTE]

..i saved it in my faves..thats interesting:icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
10th October 2009, 18:56
COngratulations to you!!

aug06_2006
10th October 2009, 19:44
Congratulations!

darren-b
10th October 2009, 22:40

Volunteering isn't a requirement yet and won't be for almost 2 years.

pennybarry
11th October 2009, 08:17
Volunteering isn't a requirement yet and won't be for almost 2 years.

Thanks Darren! I am too early to follow immig rules:D:omg:. It is not yet time for me to apply as I'm not yet staying here for three years and it will be soon.
But I'm still planning to pursue my volunteering. I want to experience helping others in UK. :D:cwm38:

Jay&Zobel
11th October 2009, 12:34
Thanks Darren! I am too early to follow immig rules:D:omg:. It is not yet time for me to apply as I'm not yet staying here for three years and it will be soon.
But I'm still planning to pursue my volunteering. I want to experience helping others in UK. :D:cwm38:

Hi Miss Penny,

When shall you apply for your naturalisation then? I'll apply this month hooray!!! But not looking forward to spending so much money again huhuhu:bigcry::bigcry::D

----------------

Query for others: DIY or NCS

Did anyone here DO IT YOURSELF or use the NATIONAL CHECKING SERVICES when applying for citizenship?

Cheers. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GaryFifer
11th October 2009, 12:58
Hi Miss Penny,

When shall you apply for your naturalisation then? I'll apply this month hooray!!! But not looking forward to spending so much money again huhuhu:bigcry::bigcry::D

----------------

Did anyone here DO IT YOURSELF or use the NATIONAL CHECKING SERVICES when applying for citizenship?

Do it yourself means you probably have to buy books and test yourself.

I think the NCS services offer a good course. But you pay £50

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/page.aspx?pageidentifier=8cb3c560-1ca0-4086-8736-207299888e5a

jaishann
11th October 2009, 13:33
COngratulations to you!!

thank you very much Jay and Zobel

Pepe n Pilar
11th October 2009, 15:08
Congratulations Jaishann!.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Advance congratulations to you Jay&Zobel!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

darren-b
11th October 2009, 15:18

We didn't use the NCS service - mainly because at the time there wasn't a NCS service provided close by.

Though the application isn't that difficult to fill in and you don't need to provide that much documentation, so the only real advantage of using a NCS service is you get to keep your passports.

Jay&Zobel
11th October 2009, 18:52

Do it yourself means you probably have to buy books and test yourself.

I think the NCS services offer a good course. But you pay £50

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/page.aspx?pageidentifier=8cb3c560-1ca0-4086-8736-207299888e5a

Book? Are you referring to the the Journey to citizenship book? If yes, you can buy that in any bookstore without needing the NCS.

We didn't use the NCS service - mainly because at the time there wasn't a NCS service provided close by.

Though the application isn't that difficult to fill in and you don't need to provide that much documentation, so the only real advantage of using a NCS service is you get to keep your passports.

Thanks Darren, Ill DIY then hehe will save me £50.00:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you very much Jay and Zobel

You're welcome

lol, thank you P&P!!!

darren-b
11th October 2009, 18:52
Strange, i cant imagine, even though i lived inthe philippines for over 10 years off and on, wanting to have a filipino passport ? I think your roots come from where you were born, the lives of your grandparents and family , and a UKpassport is just a way of getting from A to B without visas...... I also had the chance of getting a Spanish Passport, but it just would not feel right... I go back many generations, and a lot of history, I just feel that i would not be wanting to change my whole family history, almost denouncing your own birth ......just my opinion..... interest to why you decided to get a UK passport, if its for ease of travel then fine. but anything else i can not imagine
Remember that you can be a dual citizen so it's hardly denouncing your own birth. The ease of travelling is obviously an advantage, though it also means that you can always return to the uk even if you spend years out of the uk.

Pepe n Pilar
11th October 2009, 18:55
Remember that you can be a dual citizen so it's hardly denouncing your own birth. The ease of travelling is obviously an advantage, though it also means that you can always return to the uk even if you spend years out of the uk.

Yes i guess i will have the dual citizenship.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jaishann
11th October 2009, 23:34
Congratulations!

thanks a lot

jaishann
11th October 2009, 23:38
Hi Miss Penny,

----------------

diy for me

jaishann
12th October 2009, 00:06
Strange, i cant imagine, even though i lived inthe philippines for over 10 years off and on, wanting to have a filipino passport ? I think your roots come from where you were born, the lives of your grandparents and family , and a UKpassport is just a way of getting from A to B without visas...... I also had the chance of getting a Spanish Passport, but it just would not feel right... I go back many generations, and a lot of history, I just feel that i would not be wanting to change my whole family history, almost denouncing your own birth ......just my opinion..... interest to why you decided to get a UK passport, if its for ease of travel then fine. but anything else i can not imagine

i respect your opinion mike .. for me i think having English passport wont change my family history - my dad will still be my dad , my mum will still be my mum - ( nothing deleted but there was something added , thats all i can think of )

Sim11UK
12th October 2009, 05:06
i respect your opinion mike .. for me i think having English passport wont change my family history - my dad will still be my dad , my mum will still be my mum - ( nothing deleted but there was something added , thats all i can think of )

I would agree with you...Congratulations! to you. :):)

pennybarry
12th October 2009, 11:11
Hi Miss Penny,

Thanks Zobel! Not yet three years here so it will be soon. January is suitable.
My Philippine passport will also expired soon,
I have only one requirement left that hard for me to solve and find to pursue my passport renewal application.
I was at Morrisons photo machine yesterday but no luck!
Phil embassy needs photo with Royal blue background.
Can't find Royal blue at photo me machine :D
I'll take my hubby's Royal blue Polo shirt size xxl:icon_lol:
Hope that will works!:Brick::Brick:

You need to apply Brit passport soon but not much money! Then dual citizen.
:doh:bigcry:

darren-b
12th October 2009, 12:34
Thanks Zobel! Not yet three years here so it will be soon. January is suitable.
My Philippine passport will also expired soon,
I have only one requirement left that hard for me to solve and find to pursue my passport renewal application.
I was at Morrisons photo machine yesterday but no luck!
Phil embassy needs photo with Royal blue background.
Can't find Royal blue at photo me machine :D
I'll take my hubby's Royal blue Polo shirt size xxl:icon_lol:
Hope that will works!:Brick::Brick:

You need to apply Brit passport soon but not much money! Then dual citizen.
:doh:bigcry:

When my wife re-aquired her citizenship at the Philippines embassy they cancelled her Philippines passport (I guess because technically she had lost her citizenship and therefore her passport was invalid). Not sure if this is their normal procedure, because if it is it is not worth applying for a new Philippines passport until after you have aquired British citizenship (unless you really need it).

pennybarry
12th October 2009, 13:23
When my wife re-aquired her citizenship at the Philippines embassy they cancelled her Philippines passport (I guess because technically she had lost her citizenship and therefore her passport was invalid). Not sure if this is their normal procedure, because if it is it is not worth applying for a new Philippines passport until after you have aquired British citizenship (unless you really need it).

Thanks Darren! I think about that before, but I'm thinking I can still use my Philippine passport. My friend in Holland is dual citizen, but she also holds her Philippine passport. I was the one who helped her passport renewed in PInas about 4 years ago.
My other problem is if I want to fly urgently for emergency reasons.
My Phil passport will run out on Jan 2010, and my suitable month to apply my british citz is also Jan 2010. I'll be 3 years here in late Nov.
I'm stuck! :omg:
Paging Darren and Joeblogs.:bigcry:

darren-b
12th October 2009, 20:24
Thanks Darren! I think about that before, but I'm thinking I can still use my Philippine passport. My friend in Holland is dual citizen, but she also holds her Philippine passport. I was the one who helped her passport renewed in PInas about 4 years ago.
My other problem is if I want to fly urgently for emergency reasons.
My Phil passport will run out on Jan 2010, and my suitable month to apply my british citz is also Jan 2010. I'll be 3 years here in late Nov.
I'm stuck! :omg:
Paging Darren and Joeblogs.:bigcry:

If you don't renew your citizenship you could still carry on using your Philippines passport even though it will be invalid but I don't think anyone will actually know. Not sure though what would happen if Philippines immigration spotted you had a British passport and was still using your Philippines passport even though you hadn't applied for dual citizenship.

marlyn&kenny
12th October 2009, 20:58

Congrats!!!!! Enjoy life

jaishann
12th October 2009, 23:58
COngratulations to you!!

thanks Jay and Zobel..

jaishann
12th October 2009, 23:59
Congrats!!!!! Enjoy life

thank you Marlyn & Kenny..

jaishann
13th October 2009, 00:01
I would agree with you...Congratulations! to you. :):)

thank you and to you too..

jaishann
13th October 2009, 00:09
Congratulations!

thanks a lot

jaishann
13th October 2009, 00:10

thanks a lot

pennybarry
14th October 2009, 17:46
If you don't renew your citizenship you could still carry on using your Philippines passport even though it will be invalid but I don't think anyone will actually know. Not sure though what would happen if Philippines immigration spotted you had a British passport and was still using your Philippines passport even though you hadn't applied for dual citizenship.

Thanks Darren onced again:xxgrinning--00xx3:. I was really confused so I sent email to Philippine Embassy in London.
I am glad to share with you and to other members.
Here's their reply:

Yes, your Philippine passport becomes invalid when you obtain UK citizenship.
However you can then apply for Dual Citizenship (form downloadable from Embassy website) and at the same time apply for a new Philippine passport.
Please note that you have to go to the Philippine Embassy in London to swear your Oath of Allegiance before being granted Dual Citizenship because you lose your Philippine status when ever you get UK passport.
Please look at the section on Dual Citizenship on the Embassy website for more information of the requirements.
Regards

Thank you very much.

Peanutz
14th October 2009, 18:36
Finally a Brit?

Sorry I really don't get it...

Peanutz
14th October 2009, 18:50

I actually agree on your post Mike, I think the main reason why we apply to have another Passport is to make our life easier to travel.

I am entitled to have an Italian passport but I have never been bothered to do it. I only realised the difficulties when I got married with my husband and I needed to apply for a visa and you know the rest.

I will apply for British Citizenship when the time comes for me, but for purely convenience reasons. I will retain my Philippine passport as I am a Filipino and nothing in this world can change that...

bornatbirth
14th October 2009, 23:13
I am entitled to have an Italian passport but I have never been bothered to do it. I only realised the difficulties when I got married with my husband and I needed to apply for a visa and you know the rest.

you mean you could have a italian passport and not bothered with getting the visa to come here :Erm: as EU member can live in each other countries,can i ask why you didnt?

Peanutz
15th October 2009, 18:58
you mean you could have a italian passport and not bothered with getting the visa to come here :Erm: as EU member can live in each other countries,can i ask why you didnt?

At that time, there were no necessity for me to apply for Italian citizenship (before meeting my husband)...I have my Italian permanent residency and the only difference it has with citizenship is you can vote if you hold an Italian passport.

:)

James Hubbard
15th October 2009, 19:00

I am beautiful!

CONGRATS

now you can tell us why you're proud to be british over here

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=19572

lizaphil
15th October 2009, 19:07

wow congrats jaishann:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

jaishann
18th October 2009, 00:21
I will apply for British Citizenship when the time comes for me, but for purely convenience reasons. I will retain my Philippine passport as I am a Filipino and nothing in this world can change that...[/QUOTE]

you can have 2 passports and you can obtain dual citizenship,

The thing I dont undertsand why people feel like something was taken away from them when issued another citizenship. When you get the Certificate your details are there, ..Name at birth and Place of birth which just goes to show your origin - its not like having a nip tuck or a liposuction that something has been taking out from your system. Its not a reduction it is merely an addition to what your citizenship is now (if you opt to apply for British citizenship) .

jaishann
18th October 2009, 00:58
wow congrats jaishann:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

thanks Liz. :D

jaishann
18th October 2009, 00:59
I am beautiful!

CONGRATS

thanks James

jaishann
18th October 2009, 01:04
Finally a Brit?

Sorry I really don't get it...

have I confused you?

LEAHnew
18th October 2009, 01:32
....aha was this the reason why you got paypal account easily?:yikes::Rasp::D:Cuckoo:

congratulation Jaishann:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jaishann
18th October 2009, 01:34
I am beautiful!

CONGRATS

ill follow the link tomorrow james my bed is calling me now 1:30 am huh...:doh

jaishann
18th October 2009, 11:54
....aha was this the reason why you got paypal account easily?:yikes::Rasp::D:Cuckoo:

congratulation Jaishann:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i dont think so Leah, just pure luck John said:D:):D

somebody
18th October 2009, 12:58
Hi Miss Penny,

----------------

Hi Maam if you can afford the extra 50 pounds its worth it means you keep your passport while waiting and have someone who should be experinced to help you with the documents.

The lady we had really helped and was a source of info on the how long it was taking locally and could answer all the questions on the form as you went along. But still worth filling in the basics before hand.

somebody
18th October 2009, 13:10
Thanks Darren onced again:xxgrinning--00xx3:. I was really confused so I sent email to Philippine Embassy in London.
I am glad to share with you and to other members.
Here's their reply:

Yes, your Philippine passport becomes invalid when you obtain UK citizenship.
However you can then apply for Dual Citizenship (form downloadable from Embassy website) and at the same time apply for a new Philippine passport.
Please note that you have to go to the Philippine Embassy in London to swear your Oath of Allegiance before being granted Dual Citizenship because you lose your Philippine status when ever you get UK passport.
Please look at the section on Dual Citizenship on the Embassy website for more information of the requirements.
Regards
Thank you very much.

Penny as you own Land and propety in Phill I would make sure even with the extra cost you ensure you have your dual citzenship and the new phill passport sorted. As if you have any disputes in Phill im sure it would be to your advantage. you can probably get away with out doing it as darren b says. But entrering,claiming citzenship or using a Passport which was technically invalid would be a risk surely?

jaishann
18th October 2009, 23:34
Penny as you own Land and propety in Phill I would make sure even with the extra cost you ensure you have your dual citzenship and the new phill passport sorted. As if you have any disputes in Phill im sure it would be to your advantage. you can probably get away with out doing it as darren b says. But entrering,claiming citzenship or using a Passport which was technically invalid would be a risk surely?

nice info Somebody..thanks for always helping..

darren-b
19th October 2009, 06:47

I thought ex-filipino citizens could still own a certain amount of land anyway as it's only fairly recently the Philippines government has allowed dual citizenship.

pennybarry
19th October 2009, 09:07

Thanks somebody!:) I really need to be a dual citizen for many reasons. :BouncyHappy:

I am just bit worry about my passport. If I will apply for my citizenship by Jan 2012, and I need to fly urgent and emergency, how can I fly if my british citizenship and British passport is under process? Whislt my Philippine passport is run out?
My Phil passport will run out Jan 2012 that's why I want to renew it.:bigcry: I can hold the process using my Philippine passport too fly. Am I right Somebody?:dohIf it is renewed whilst my citizen is under process, I can use it.

darren-b
19th October 2009, 18:42
until you attend the british citizenship ceremony you are still filipino and so philippines passport is still valid and you would be able to renew it if you want. Once though you've attended the british citizenship ceremony you shouldn't use your philippines passport. If you renew your philippines citizenship they will cancel your philippines passport even if you had just renewed it before you became british.

pennybarry
19th October 2009, 18:51
until you attend the british citizenship ceremony you are still filipino and so philippines passport is still valid and you would be able to renew it if you want. Once though you've attended the british citizenship ceremony you shouldn't use your philippines passport. If you renew your philippines citizenship they will cancel your philippines passport even if you had just renewed it before you became british.

That's why I still want to renew it. I'm still Filipino whist my citizenship is under process and not yet attend the ceremony. I can still fly for emergency reasons. It cost only 36£. Not much :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Will apply Philippine passport again in due time.

somebody
19th October 2009, 21:29
I thought ex-filipino citizens could still own a certain amount of land anyway as it's only fairly recently the Philippines government has allowed dual citizenship.

I ve no Idea Darren but the Phil Embassy advises to re instate your citzenship.

Dual citizens can enjoy full civil and political rights in the Philippines, including the following:

a. right to vote and be elected or appointed to any public office in the Philippines subject to existing Philippine laws,
b. right to acquire land and other properties under his name,
c. right to engage in business in the Philippines and have 100% ownership of the business,
d. right to reside in the Philippine without need of visa, and
e. right to practise profession in the Philippines upon application of a license or permit to engage in such practice

The Embassy website refers you to I belive this

http://jlp-law.com/blog/retention-re-acquisition-philippine-citizenship-9225/
Although some of the links appear to be dead.

It does mention you can own a certain amount of Land or propety which may suffice for many but its all a bit vague are you a Phill or not? My Wifes Proud to be A Brit and Pinay so wants her full rights in both.
She also owns and will probably buy off realtives to keep in the family quite a lot of Land..

I would not take the risk of a rogue neighbour or even family member using it agaisnt me when they want to. If your not technically Fillipino again untill you swear the oath.

If you used your Phill passport to Enter Phill and like you say somehow found out you had british citzenship you may find for a little bit more paperwork and cost:Brick: in a tight situation at customs. Of course they may never find.

I belive the Britsih goverment will not help you if your in your Birth country even if you have a British Passport. Again I dont know the in's and outs and you would need a expert on both British and Phillipine law i guess to know the full possible ramifications.

Im not letting my Wife take the risk of finding out if its nothing to worry about or something a bit more serious.

Of course most indivudals could probably get away with out doing it for years, but we all know how Jealous and cruel human beings can be..

somebody
19th October 2009, 21:42
Thanks somebody!:) I really need to be a dual citizen for many reasons. :BouncyHappy:

I am just bit worry about my passport. If I will apply for my citizenship by Jan 2012, and I need to fly urgent and emergency, how can I fly if my british citizenship and British passport is under process? Whislt my Philippine passport is run out?
My Phil passport will run out Jan 2012 that's why I want to renew it.:bigcry: I can hold the process using my Philippine passport too fly. Am I right Somebody?:dohIf it is renewed whilst my citizen is under process, I can use it.

Hi Penny I dont know Po, you can reapply for your Filipino passport now cant you? Im guessing its like a British passport where if you so wish you could renew well before the expiry date.

If you got a new one now I think i saw it lasts five years from the UK Phill embassy (although the Wifes from the DFA lasted ten years)

I think it would be worth asking them I think they have a consul up your way who may be able to assit as well. The Consul may also know who may help with getting photos with a blue background as i think that was your issue at the moment?

http://philembassy-uk.org/contact.html

Jonnywina
17th November 2009, 13:33
Congrats! How long did you have to stay in the UK before you can apply for british citizenship?

Jonny