PDA

View Full Version : Coffee machine

subseastu
10th October 2009, 05:21
Morning all

Just thought while I'm waiting to log on to my lottery account to buy the winning euro millions ticket does anyone know if you can buy those coffee pad things in the phils.

The ones I'm on about are the likes of the Krups Dolce Gusto and Bosch Tassimo. The missus wants one but I'm don't really want to get one only to find when we emigrate next year we can't get the little coffee pad things.

Cheers

Alan
10th October 2009, 07:11
I haven't seen any here in Cebu in the 18 months I've been here. I'm sure members will correct me if I am wrong.

Al.:)

pennybarry
10th October 2009, 11:22
I thought if you buy ticket online whilst you're abroad, and you win, then it will be invalid.
Not sure.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8190956.stm

GaryFifer
10th October 2009, 12:40
It is an exact science to get it right, but those machines are basically work with pressure from steam.

http://www.iow-espresso.co.uk/knowledgebase-item.aspx?id=4

Here are the decent machines.

http://www.iow-espresso.co.uk/machine-list.aspx

Let me know what your thinking of.

aromulus
10th October 2009, 16:53
What you want, is one of those and a few rubber pressure washers as spares....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Water, ground coffee, and electric or gas stove are available anywhere, and it makes the best espresso you can imagine....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SteveL
11th October 2009, 15:41
My coffee maker doesnt need special pads, i just shout "Oy, woman, make me a coffee" . :D

Only drawback is, I have to drink NHS coffee through a straw now, but I shouldn't grumble, as the doctor tells me, i'm lucky to be alive after such a kicking. :cwm12:

Pepe n Pilar
11th October 2009, 17:00
Morning all

Just thought while I'm waiting to log on to my lottery account to buy the winning euro millions ticket does anyone know if you can buy those coffee pad things in the phils.

The ones I'm on about are the likes of the Krups Dolce Gusto and Bosch Tassimo. The missus wants one but I'm don't really want to get one only to find when we emigrate next year we can't get the little coffee pad things.

Cheers

I'm also a coffee person. I have tried the brands of bosch, kitchen aid and krups before. As long as i have a small coffee mill/grinder and a coffee maker i'm done!...Hmm i love the freshly ground freshly brewed cuppa!.BTW did you know that you have to keep the ground coffee inside the fridge to maintain or preserve the aroma?:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I haven't seen any here in Cebu in the 18 months I've been here. I'm sure members will correct me if I am wrong.

Al.:)

Hi Prof Alan, have you tried SM? As the song goes... SM... We've got it all for you!!!.. Probably they have it..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

subseastu
12th October 2009, 02:27
Hi all

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunatley we're a little wide of the mark. The things I've looked at are the ones like the krups machines where you get your different coffees (espresso, latte etc) as well as hot chocolate in those little plastic tubs. You put the little cup thing in the machine and hey presto coffee.

I've seen the things that you've mentioned here but its not really what I'm thinking about. To be honest I dont touch coffee only tea so its for the wife really. She just likes lattes and frothy coffee.

So can I get this stuff in the phils or do I have to take the wife to these hypocritical establishments such as star bucks? Sorry got a little grumpy at the end there, monday morning.

Peanutz
13th October 2009, 19:41
What you want, is one of those and a few rubber pressure washers as spares....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Water, ground coffee, and electric or gas stove are available anywhere, and it makes the best espresso you can imagine....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I can't imagine how my life would be without my Moka coffee maker!:D

aromulus
13th October 2009, 21:14
I can't imagine how my life would be without my Moka coffee maker!:D

Very sad indeed, carissima....:D