PDA

View Full Version : I am in a visit visa......

September
13th October 2009, 13:35
Currently in the UK, arrived one week ago and I am on visit visa sponsored by my fiancee, due to love each other very much we are talking of getting married here, but one thing worry me...Am I allowed to get married here in the UK w/ visit visa? although I got 2 years multiple visit visa eh,:Help1:

Best Regards,

Sept

GaryFifer
13th October 2009, 13:37
Currently in the UK, arrived one week ago and I am on visit visa sponsored by my fiancee, due to love each other very much we are talking of getting married here, but one thing worry me...Am I allowed to get married here in the UK w/ visit visa? although I got 2 years multiple visit visa eh,:Help1:

Best Regards,

Sept

Nope. Fiancee visa is for getting married. Visit visa is for tourists.

September
13th October 2009, 13:41
Nope. Fiancee visa is for getting married. Visit visa is for tourists.

But I read some where in UKBA website....and just want to know if anyone here done that, I know I cant put the link here as i am newbie,can i ?

vbkelly
13th October 2009, 13:49

Best Regards,

Sept

if you want to get married here in the uk you need to go back in the philippines and apply fiancee visa, you can't get married in your visit visa im afraid it doesn't matter how many years your visit visa you have.

September
13th October 2009, 13:50
So what is that mean....as I read in homeoffice as long as I comply the requirements ? we can get married can i post the link of the home office, please

GaryFifer
13th October 2009, 14:59
So what is that mean....as I read in homeoffice as long as I comply the requirements ? we can get married can i post the link of the home office, please

Here is the website you require. Any questions come back.

UK BORDER AGENCY (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/)

Visit is for 6 months in most cases. PS go and visit the local council office/church and they will tell you other requirements for your circumstances. Plans your marriage. You are not allowed to marry, but you can inquire about what places you like later ;)

Another website useful is always this one:
VFS GLOBAL in Philippines (http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/faqs.aspx)

rusty
13th October 2009, 15:53
No you are not able to marry on a visitor visa

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/eligibility/

You must also show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

take employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directo to members of the public;
undertake a course of study;
marry or form a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
carry out the activities of a business visitor (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/managingmigration/businessandspecialvisitors/businessvisitors/), a sports visitor (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/managingmigration/businessandspecialvisitors/sportsvisitor/) or an entertainer visitor (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/managingmigration/businessandspecialvisitors/entertainervisitors/); or
receive private medical treatment.

September
13th October 2009, 16:03
Thank you everyone

Pepe n Pilar
22nd October 2009, 14:10
But I read some where in UKBA website....and just want to know if anyone here done that, I know I cant put the link here as i am newbie,can i ?

Hi September, have you read it in the UKBA website? is that the new Immigration Rules? I'm just curious to know.
Thanks.
:)

simplyxiao
22nd October 2009, 14:15
visit visa cant change to fiance or spouse while in uk

i think student visa or work permit holder is allowed to get married here in uk.... just correct me if am wrong

Sophie
22nd October 2009, 14:36

I think so too, but i hope you sort things out though :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Anyway, i hope you enjoy your stay in the uk and manage the winter soon.....depends on how long you plan to stay here on a visit visa.....:)

Arthur Little
22nd October 2009, 16:42

Best Regards,

Sept

Sadly, the Home Office Guidelines preclude you from marrying whilst in the UK on a Visit/Tourist Visa. But the rules needn't stop you from gaining a valuable insight into the British lifestyle. :NoNo: Enjoy your stay(s) ... regardless of the weather!

darren-b
22nd October 2009, 18:07

i think student visa or work permit holder is allowed to get married here in uk.... just correct me if am wrong

They can, though they probably need to apply for a COA (Certificate of Approval).

eula mackay
22nd October 2009, 21:58
its been ages since ive posted. i never really left the forum, ive just been quiet :)

you can apply for a COA. we took that route two and half years ago. would i recommend it? no. it takes about 3 months to get the approval so you are only left a few weeks really to organize the most special day of your life. and in the end you do need to go back to your home country to apply for a settlement visa. even if you have 2 years multiple entry you are only allowed to stay maximum 6 months so you will still need to leave the country. i dont regret doing it, dont get me wrong. it was worth the stress in the end.

while you are here i would advise you plan your wedding so than when you go back to the philippines you will have loads of proof that you are indeed planning your wedding and when you receive your fiance visa all you need to do is finalize your plans when you get back here. its no different to applying for a COA, they need proof as well. so might as well save yourself the hassle and do it properly. it will save you money as well.

good luck!

jaishann
22nd October 2009, 22:42

Best Regards,

Sept

welcome to UK

September
23rd October 2009, 10:36
They can, though they probably need to apply for a COA (Certificate of Approval).
Thanks Darren, I know we can I already enquire from home office(via phone) and as long as we (i) meets the requirements set out in website

its been ages since ive posted. i never really left the forum, ive just been quiet :)

you can apply for a COA. we took that route two and half years ago. would i recommend it? no. it takes about 3 months to get the approval so you are only left a few weeks really to organize the most special day of your life. and in the end you do need to go back to your home country to apply for a settlement visa. even if you have 2 years multiple entry you are only allowed to stay maximum 6 months so you will still need to leave the country. i dont regret doing it, dont get me wrong. it was worth the stress in the end.

while you are here i would advise you plan your wedding so than when you go back to the philippines you will have loads of proof that you are indeed planning your wedding and when you receive your fiance visa all you need to do is finalize your plans when you get back here. its no different to applying for a COA, they need proof as well. so might as well save yourself the hassle and do it properly. it will save you money as well.

good luck!

Thanks for the informative post eula

welcome to UK

Thanks jaishann

:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: I made it, i know how to multi qoute already, lol

Jay&Zobel
23rd October 2009, 10:52

Good to see you again here Eula :xxgrinning--00xx3:

eula mackay
23rd October 2009, 19:15
cheers jay&zobel. its been chaos the past 18 months. it is still now but im more used to it :)

ana07cutiepie
30th November 2009, 15:37

Best Regards,

Sept

Hello, i just wanna ask how did you processed your visit visa sponsored by your fiancee? And what are the requirements? Please :Help1:

thank you so much! :)