PDA

View Full Version : Filipino children - Witness Aljazeera

pennybarry
16th October 2009, 09:07
I've watched this last night and had mix emotions:doh.
Seems they are from far provinces and detained.
I had a chat with some beggars before, some pickpockets, and badjaos children. I have learned that most of them were victims of syndicate.
They were taken to Manila by their certain boss and give part of their money to their boss.:NoNo:
Wish our government will focus on Juvinile deliquency, Children must not be in jail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJd_yL8sFJg

September
16th October 2009, 10:44
Thats what they always emphasize, the bad scene of the philippines,we or I dont find any good side in shows or in TV,sad

miss.piggy
16th October 2009, 11:50
This documentary is so sad. I know the issue is segregation in prison, but the whole time I'm watching it, it never crossed my mind that this is the real issue. Shame on the parents of these kids! :NoNo: As a parent myself, I dread to imagine my children ending up that way. :NoNo:

Tawi2
16th October 2009, 11:59
There was something similar on TV sometime last year,an investigatory report on kids in adult pinoy prisons,one part that made my blood boil was a homosexual who had taken a young boy under his wing,the bayots lascivious grin as he chatted about the boy made me realise his protection was neither altruistic nor fatherly in its intention :NoNo:as has just been said on the youtube report many of the kids are afraid to sleep because of rape :NoNo:and whoever locks children up for stealing 6 tins of sardines due to hunger :NoNo:another thread currently running is why are we proud to be british,well,this is one of the reasons,the pinoy government should hang their heads in shame instead of flashing their incalculable personal wealth,and pinoy TV shouldnt focus so much on those false "celebrities" and their unattainable lifestyles day in day out,but rather focus on the countries problems and highlight the plight of kids like those portrayed :NoNo:

KeithD
16th October 2009, 12:32
Locking kids up is disgusting..... they should be allowed on the streets to do what ever they want and completely :censored: up society..... oh hang on .... that's the UK isn't it? :doh

somebody
16th October 2009, 21:53
Thats what they always emphasize, the bad scene of the philippines,we or I dont find any good side in shows or in TV,sad

It has to been done so many people live in poor condtions in the phillipines the goverment and to a lesser extent the people of the country need to go enough is enough.

Scenes like this were seen in the UK and other european countries at the beginning of the last century and before but laws and public opnion made the lot of many far better. Many of those who started the changes were indivudals and small groups using the media avaiable at the time to shock and shame people and goverments into action.

bornatbirth
16th October 2009, 22:10
maybe we should bribe officials into stopping poverty :icon_lol:

Tawi2
16th October 2009, 22:11

Lateral thinking :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
16th October 2009, 22:15
money talks :D

and in the philipines,it goes a long way to a very few :Erm:

Northerner
16th October 2009, 23:52
This is child abuse :cwm23:

:devil-smiley-029: Hope I never bump into Thommy's father.. Poor Child:bigcry::angry::NoNo::Brick::Brick::Brick:

pennybarry
17th October 2009, 08:41
You're right!:NoNo: Our Philippine channels not doing such:cwm24:

This documentary is so sad. I know the issue is segregation in prison, but the whole time I'm watching it, it never crossed my mind that this is the real issue. Shame on the parents of these kids! :NoNo: As a parent myself, I dread to imagine my children ending up that way. :NoNo:
I didn't know about this really. In our town, we never jail below 18. They should be at school since our education is free, books, notebooks until high school, no reason to do such.:doh, if there is, then it's seldom.

There was something similar on TV sometime last year,an investigatory report on kids in adult pinoy prisons,one part that made my blood boil was a homosexual who had taken a young boy under his wing,the bayots lascivious grin as he chatted about the boy made me realise his protection was neither altruistic nor fatherly in its intention :NoNo:as has just been said on the youtube report many of the kids are afraid to sleep because of rape :NoNo:and whoever locks children up for stealing 6 tins of sardines due to hunger :NoNo:another thread currently running is why are we proud to be british,well,this is one of the reasons,the pinoy government should hang their heads in shame instead of flashing their incalculable personal wealth,and pinoy TV shouldnt focus so much on those false "celebrities" and their unattainable lifestyles day in day out,but rather focus on the countries problems and highlight the plight of kids like those portrayed :NoNo:
I don't know who's to blame now Tawi. The govt or the parents:angry:

They are not aware of that:bigcry:

badrock
17th October 2009, 14:26
heartbreaking scenes.

belfast_dude
17th October 2009, 19:26
:bigcry:

Tawi2
17th October 2009, 19:39
Strange thing about Pinas,children get imprisoned due to hunger induced crimes,6 tins of pilchards for god sakes,yet politicians syphon off millions of pesos/dollars and their cronies and the system protects them,I just watched the clip again,its shameful :NoNo:

Sophie
17th October 2009, 22:45
Strange thing about Pinas,children get imprisoned due to hunger induced crimes,6 tins of pilchards for god sakes,yet politicians syphon off millions of pesos/dollars and their cronies and the system protects them,I just watched the clip again,its shameful :NoNo:

I definitely agree with you tawi, i cannot even get to watch the clip further as it makes my blood really boil :cwm23:
And as what penny just said about who's to blame - the govt or the parents, i think the answer is both.....

triple5
17th October 2009, 22:58
When I watched this video I thought how intelligent Thommy seemed even though he couldn't read or write and had been handed such a tough life. There's also a second video to the documentary which tells the outcome to Thommy and his friend Freckles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qtZFXhLsZ0

btw, how icredible was the 84 yr old lady who represented the boys in court for free. What an amazing woman.