PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, Yusonmafa ...

Arthur Little
18th October 2009, 01:00
... whoever/wherever you are ... :Hellooo:

bornatbirth
18th October 2009, 09:09
:Erm: are you mistic meg?,welcoming members before they sign up :icon_lol:

aromulus
18th October 2009, 09:15
... whoever/wherever you are ... :Hellooo:

:Erm: are you mistic meg?,welcoming members before they sign up :icon_lol:

Strange behavioral pattern really.....:Erm:

They could be banned at the first post, for all we know.....:omg:

Arthur Little
18th October 2009, 16:40
Strange behavioral pattern really.....:Erm:

:Erm: ... not really THAT strange, if you think about it! There's "method in my madness", y'know. I'd been looking for a quick 'one-liner' to round off an evening's reading on here ... noticed on the main page the words "Welcome to our newest member, Yusonmafa" and ... "Bob's your Uncle" ... the perfect opportunity presented itself. I did something similar once before, you may remember.

Just being my usual friendly self.

They could be banned at the first post, for all we know.....:omg:

:iagree: He/She COULD be, yes. But they obviously hadn't posted ... so I just thought it would be a nice gesture to encourage 'Whoever from Wherever' to open up about him/herself. And anyhow, the name must've come from somewhere to appear here at all.

No harm done, surely! :NoNo:

aromulus
18th October 2009, 16:49
:iagree: He/She COULD be ... but they obviously hadn't posted, so I just thought it would be a nice gesture to encourage 'Whoever from Wherever' to open up about him/herself. No harm done, surely! :NoNo:

Nothing wrong with the gestures of welcome and certainly there is no harm done.

The way I see it is, some people register and don't post anything for a while, then all of sudden there is spam or unauthorized links.
I noticed this guy yesterday morning and after some "scouting" I was not so keen on the sound of his email addy, but until he/she posts there is always the benefit of the doubt....:D
Newbies are placed on the moderating queue , so members don't get to see the dodgy posts anyway...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

James Hubbard
18th October 2009, 16:57
Newbies are placed on the moderating queue , so members don't get to see the dodgy posts anyway...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Would that we could. It would make for comedy surely.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
18th October 2009, 17:00
Would that we could. It would make for comedy surely.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not unless you are some kind of masochist and want to read a six foot long list of mobile phones for sale from some scummy site...:doh

James Hubbard
18th October 2009, 17:02
Not unless you are some kind of masochist and want to read a six foot long list of mobile phones for sale from some scummy site...:doh

Ya, that does sound boring:NoNo:. I just thought, perhaps there would be those with interesting wares . . . :rolleyes::action-smiley-081:

Arthur Little
18th October 2009, 17:03
Nothing wrong with the gestures of welcome and certainly there is no harm done.

*The way I see it is, some people register and don't post anything for a while, then all of sudden there is spam or unauthorized links.
I noticed this guy yesterday morning and after some "scouting" I was not so keen on the sound of his email addy, but until he/she posts there is always the benefit of the doubt....:D

Ah ... I understand. Thanks for pointing *this out. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
18th October 2009, 17:06
perhaps there would be those with interesting wares . . . :rolleyes::action-smiley-081:

Those are kept for Keith and the mods for research purpose only......:icon_lol:

James Hubbard
18th October 2009, 17:08

Let me just tuck that reason neatly in my mind, just in case I may need it in the future :Erm::Cuckoo::CompBuster::cwm3::cwm12:

Northerner
18th October 2009, 19:14

Everytime I read (or post) "Keith and the Mods", I can't help but think it sounds like an 80s pop group :Erm::D

aromulus
18th October 2009, 20:00
Let me just tuck that reason neatly in my mind, just in case I may need it in the future :Erm::Cuckoo::CompBuster::cwm3::cwm12:

I don't think so.:rolleyes:

James Hubbard
19th October 2009, 06:28
I don't think so.:rolleyes:

I didn't mean I wanted into your band there Aromulus! I meant that if I need that excuse, I shall remember it!

I don't even live in wales :)

Arthur Little
19th October 2009, 16:50
Well, this fella's certainly conspicuous by his absence ... :Erm: did YOU scare him off, Dom?

GaryFifer
19th October 2009, 16:58
Aww I thought someone was trying to do that funny chinese stuff

Ew so ard i kik u

James Hubbard
19th October 2009, 17:04
that funny chinese stuff

Wotz that?

GaryFifer
19th October 2009, 17:09
Check the humour section James. Easy Chinese to learn

James Hubbard
19th October 2009, 17:17
Check the humour section James. Easy Chinese to learn

:dohAh, right, I'm on your page now :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
19th October 2009, 20:45
Well, this fella's certainly conspicuous by his absence ... :Erm: did YOU scare him off, Dom?

Nope.....:NoNo:

It follows a pattern tho....:Erm: