PDA

View Full Version : returning

jay
18th October 2009, 02:18
can anyone tell me is there any bedspacers in london available im returning end of the month i lost all in the typhoons so so i need to work to support my wife and daughter

triple5
18th October 2009, 03:00
Hi Jay welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about that. Not from the London myself, so can't help on that front. Hope you find something when you get back to the UK.

Best of luck

Tawi2
18th October 2009, 11:24
I dont know if there are bedspacers Jay :Erm:My mates wife has flung him out(he likes to drink)and he is renting a room in west London,shared flat,its costing him £70 a week,I dont know if thats average or not to be honest :Erm:Check out gumtree mate,it will give you some idea of digs and jobs http://www.gumtree.com/

jay
19th October 2009, 02:45
Hi Jay welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about that. Not from the London myself, so can't help on that front. Hope you find something when you get back to the UK.

Best of luck

thanks i appreciate it

jay
19th October 2009, 02:47
I dont know if there are bedspacers Jay :Erm:My mates wife has flung him out(he likes to drink)and he is renting a room in west London,shared flat,its costing him £70 a week,I dont know if thats average or not to be honest :Erm:Check out gumtree mate,it will give you some idea of digs and jobs http://www.gumtree.com/

ok thanks mate ill check it out and let u know

Arthur Little
19th October 2009, 16:20
can anyone tell me is there any bedspacers in london available im returning end of the month i lost all in the typhoons so so i need to work to support my wife and daughter

Two points I should like to make:

1. I'm truly sorry to learn of your loss. You mention losing "all" :cwm24: (presumably your house and/or possessions). Were your valuables [adequately] covered by insurance? Maybe of course, the policy(ies) *excluded damage by 'Natural Forces' ... or so-called "Acts of God" ... into which *category, destruction by the likes of typhoons might-well fit.

2. I can appreciate the need to find a job, in order to support your wife and daughter. :Erm: But MUST it be in the London area? I mean, despite the recession affecting the UK generally, there are surely SOME types of work to be had in places other than the Capital ... though I suppose a lot depends upon the skills/qualifications you have, and how closely they match what is available.

JimOttley
19th October 2009, 19:37
Two points I should like to make:

1. I'm truly sorry to learn of your loss. You mention losing "all" :cwm24: (presumably your house and/or possessions). Were your valuables [adequately] covered by insurance? Maybe of course, the policy(ies) *excluded damage by 'Natural Forces' ... or so-called "Acts of God" ... into which *category, destruction by the likes of typhoons might-well fit.

2. I can appreciate the need to find a job, in order to support your wife and daughter. :Erm: But MUST it be in the London area? I mean, despite the recession affecting the UK generally, there are surely SOME types of work to be had in places other than the Capital ... though I suppose a lot depends upon the skills/qualifications you have, and how closely they match what is available.

Hard to get good insurance in the Phils Arthur most people don't even think about it, terrible shame to be honest.

We have no insurance just now but our house is rented and although the storms cost us maybe 20,000 peso in clean up and replacing some items we were lucky as we had an upstairs and the teenagers in the family came round and helped move a lot of stuff before the waters got too high, good insurance is expensive over there!

Good luck Jay sorry to hear about your loss hope it works out for you when you get here!

Jim

Tawi2
19th October 2009, 19:47
Here you are Jay,average P&D in London at the minute is 10-12 quid an hour,theres always work for someone who does a neat job :xxgrinning--00xx3: Be lucky :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailjob.aspx?sessionid=4470e46b-410a-4a3e-8118-4a0e16045ad3&pid=1&j=SUH/9653

Peanutz
19th October 2009, 20:10

I'm sorry to hear of what happened to you, I hope you can find a job right away to support your wife and daughter.

Welcome to the forum:)

walesrob
22nd October 2009, 07:48
Dont think your have any luck finding work, what is available is taken by poles and other nationalities. Its very expensive to live here , and once you take the cost of flights etc, and accomodation, you might be seriously out of pocket....just budget before you leave, because there are a lot of people on the dole.. oh and of course dont forget you will also have to pay NIS and UK TAX !!!!!!!!!!

Jay was asking a simple question - are there any bedspacers in London, thats all - he didn't ask for a lecture or anything like that, so chill out.