PDA

View Full Version : Attention all Brits (excluding Naturalised)

jaishann
19th October 2009, 00:45
out of curiousity..how do you feel about Filipinos who were Naturalised British Citizen?

Thanks a lot

Sophie
19th October 2009, 00:50
On behalf of my hubby, i'm sure he would be happy for anyone who made it successful to british citizenship,
specially me going through thesame thing when its my turn already, lol :rolleyes::D:D:D

jaishann
19th October 2009, 00:58
On behalf of my hubby, i'm sure he would be happy for anyone who made it successful to british citizenship,
specially me going through thesame thing when its my turn already, lol :rolleyes::D:D:D

thank you dear say thanks to your hubby..

KeithD
19th October 2009, 01:02
out of curiousity..how do you feel about Filipinos who were Naturalised British Citizen?
:Erm: :Erm: Is it just me? :Erm: :Erm:

Northerner
19th October 2009, 01:05
As I was born in the UK I guess I should answer.. :Erm:

And the truth is I have no problem with people from other nations settling here and becoming citizens of the UK! After all, my parents are Irish. A minor stretch of water to cross, but still immigrants. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jaishann
19th October 2009, 01:09

theyre all in bed boss?

jaishann
19th October 2009, 01:11

And the truth is I have no problem with people from other nations settling here and becoming citizens of the UK! After all, my parents are Irish. A minor stretch of water to cross, but still immigrants. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Northerner ..my parents in law are Irish..still nervous about your trip?:)

Northerner
19th October 2009, 01:18
Thanks Northerner ..my parents in law are Irish..still nervous about your trip?:)

:xxviolent:Jump::xxparty-smiley-004::action-smiley-082::woohoo:

All of the above emoticons kind of match my feelings this week....

:)

jaishann
19th October 2009, 01:27
:xxviolent:Jump::xxparty-smiley-004::action-smiley-082::woohoo:

All of the above emoticons kind of match my feelings this week....

:)

that looks ok :D..i know youll enjoy it much ..:)

darren-b
19th October 2009, 06:45

Thanks a lot

If you want the general opinion of British citizens then you are asking in the wrong place as most of the people on here will be biased anway. My wife is a naturalised British citizen, and I wanted her to be one, even though we both know no matter what citizenship/passports she holds she still will be filipino.

thejarvs
19th October 2009, 07:02
:icon_lol:

No problem with naturalised British citizenship however, I don't like the apparent 'one rule for some and another for others'.

johncar54
19th October 2009, 08:10

But not usually considered as such by most people

bornatbirth
19th October 2009, 10:58
it would be a bit silly as most of us have filipina wifes,to object for them getting uk passports.

i dont see the problem as the uk as been having immigrants for years and its just a myth that the country is over run by them but if you beleive we are thats why the BNP exist?

triple5
19th October 2009, 11:51
No problemo for me :)

jaishann
19th October 2009, 13:13
If you want the general opinion of British citizens then you are asking in the wrong place as most of the people on here will be biased anway. My wife is a naturalised British citizen, and I wanted her to be one, even though we both know no matter what citizenship/passports she holds she still will be filipino.

hi darren b just wanted the opinion of Brit cit in this forum coz i just noticed that there are filipinos who opted not to get one and felt like for those who obtained one like me is something that they dont get and cant imagine so out of curiousity if these filipinos are having a ? of why we obtain a British passport then I would love to know if the British citizens themselves feel the same, just like that . And yes thats what I am trying to point out we are still Filipinos having the privilege of dual citizenship. Thanks again for your reply.

jaishann
19th October 2009, 13:16
:icon_lol:

No problem with naturalised British citizenship however, I don't like the apparent 'one rule for some and another for others'.

thanks thejarvs. There is always something that we like and we dont like but that is life. Thanks for your reply

James Hubbard
19th October 2009, 15:14
Yeah, like a few people already said, the majority of the British Citizens in this forum are married/engaged/boyfriend/girlfriend to Filipinos, or are looking for this. Therefore, our opinion on the forum would be skewed to the "approve" side!

How would the general populace react? I think they'd probably tick the box labeled "not bovvered unless he/she takes my bleedin job"!

lol

As for my opinion, if you love my country enough to seek to become British yourself, I am flattered and impressed, and I say welcome, congrats, and "tally ho", "let's harra cuppa" and all that good stuff.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
19th October 2009, 21:13
Can a brit get a pinoy passport :Erm: if your hubby is british can he become a pinoy citizen should he so wish?:Erm:

Sophie
19th October 2009, 21:16
Can a brit get a pinoy passport :Erm: if your hubby is british can he become a pinoy citizen should he so wish?:Erm:

I suppose so, except that no one bothers to apply for one, lol :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
19th October 2009, 21:18
I suppose so, except that no one bothers to apply for one, lol :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I wonder if its possible though?:Erm:Nigel always said he would love to live in Pinas,heres his chance,he can be a genuine citizen.

darren-b
19th October 2009, 21:23
I dont think its because they love the country, its because with a British passport you are free to travel and work in most of europe... To really be any citizen of a country , you have to go back generations. grandparents = great grandparents, to know history, to be able to say " yes i remember when that happened, " to walk down a street and remember what it was like in the old days etc..... I dont blame the filipinos who take up British Passports, my sister married an american and took up a USA passport. BUT,
she did it for ease of living in the USA , work and travel... NOt because she felt a love of america... She is and always will be british.... So just come out in the open and say the real reason why... dont pretend

My wife and I never hide the reason for her getting a British citizenship. It was for ease of travel, the ease of living here, and the fact that even if we move to the Philippines for many years she can always return back here. If I made another country my home if I could I would take up the citizenship of that country if it gave me advantages, but it wouldn't change me.

I disagree though that someone needs their great grandparents to be born in a country to make you a citizen of that country. By that reckoning you're saying that it would take several generations of mine and my wife's descendants before they could call themselves British? :Erm:

darren-b
19th October 2009, 21:26
I wonder if its possible though?:Erm:Nigel always said he would love to live in Pinas,heres his chance,he can be a genuine citizen.

I did look into it and it is possible, though not that easy - might be wrong but I think you have to live there for 10 years.

If we eventually move there I would consider it if for example it would mean I could actually own my own home.

Tawi2
19th October 2009, 21:30
Yeah,dual-nationality,retain your brit passport and aquire a pinoy one,you used to be able to buy diplomatic passports years ago for banana-republics in africa,I knew a guy who was in negotiations for one for whatever reason,but of all the retirees I have met in Pinas I never once met any caucasian with a pinoy passport.

somebody
19th October 2009, 21:59
Well when the Wife got her citzenship and another guy who is not phill got his passport got his today.

All the Brits were happy for them, teased them like crazy about how they will queue and moan about the weather but all in all happy for them and I think most people are happy for the person and also think this person wants to be part of the country. So like a complment.

jaishann
20th October 2009, 07:24

yes my husband would and actually looked on how he can get one although he said its not as easy to get for a Brit to get fil passport. We are going home in 2 or 3 years time for good Tawi.

jaishann
20th October 2009, 07:27

Bob will Sophie so will keep you posted ha ha.

darren-b
20th October 2009, 07:54

Could be a while then as I believe he would have to live there for 5 years before he could apply, and then another 2 years to process his application. So maybe around 2020....

James Hubbard
20th October 2009, 08:30
I dont think its because they love the country, its because with a British passport you are free to travel and work in most of europe... To really be any citizen of a country , you have to go back generations. grandparents = great grandparents, to know history, to be able to say " yes i remember when that happened, "

You sound like Nick Griffin!

James Hubbard
20th October 2009, 08:31

Yes, it's possible, I was reading about it before.

You must also speak tagalog (which is no problem for you becauseyou fulfil that requirement)!

Sophie
20th October 2009, 11:20

Really? hahahaha, that's nice of him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jaishann
20th October 2009, 18:39
it would be a bit silly as most of us have filipina wifes,to object for them getting uk passports.

i dont see the problem as the uk as been having immigrants for years and its just a myth that the country is over run by them but if you beleive we are thats why the BNP exist?

You're right BaB if you say no youll be kicked out :D:D:D .
Thanks

jaishann
20th October 2009, 18:41
Really? hahahaha, that's nice of him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yup :) but I'll tell him about the 2020.

jaishann
20th October 2009, 18:43
No problemo for me :)

thanks mi amigo :D

jaishann
21st October 2009, 19:01
I dont think its because they love the country, its because with a British passport you are free to travel and work in most of europe... To really be any citizen of a country , you have to go back generations. grandparents = great grandparents, to know history, to be able to say " yes i remember when that happened, " to walk down a street and remember what it was like in the old days etc..... I dont blame the filipinos who take up British Passports, my sister married an american and took up a USA passport. BUT,
she did it for ease of living in the USA , work and travel... NOt because she felt a love of america... She is and always will be british.... So just come out in the open and say the real reason why... dont pretend

thanks for all your reply glad to hear them and thanks for your time.

belfast_dude
21st October 2009, 20:53

Thanks a lot

i accept each person i meet as a new person...i do not look at skin or nationality...i do not care where they r from...i treat people the way i want to be treated....british filipino irish or whatever....we are all the same... we all smile and cry....laugh and shout...sleep and burp....we all hurt....so we shud be nice to all.....

power to the peaceful!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jaishann
21st October 2009, 23:03
i accept each person i meet as a new person...i do not look at skin or nationality...i do not care where they r from...i treat people the way i want to be treated....british filipino irish or whatever....we are all the same... we all smile and cry....laugh and shout...sleep and burp....we all hurt....so we shud be nice to all.....

power to the peaceful!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes to all belfast dude..horray and lets all be happy. Time to sleep and work tomorrow .

johncar54
22nd October 2009, 07:00
Originally Posted by belfast_dude View Post

I agree with your general idea but people with different cultures are quite often different. I treat my wife and her Filipino friends, and my 'very Spanish' neighbours in a slightly different way to the way I treat my Brit friends. If I did not I would from time to time be misunderstood.