PDA

View Full Version : i need advice, please.

swilson
21st October 2009, 18:39
my wife is a 55yr old filipina. i'm 60 & english. we married in canada 3yrs ago.i'm just going onto pension credits&my wife has just qualified as a carer. i could do with some advice on how to get her here with me as she wants to work here rather than the phil.

September
21st October 2009, 19:05
Then..get ready all the documents for spouse visa and apply in VFS, search here all the requirements in spousevisa thing..Good luck

darren-b
21st October 2009, 19:06
You'll need to apply for a spouse visa, though to get a spouse visa you need to show that you have accommodation for the both of you to live in, and enough money to live on without needing additional public funds. A spouse visa would allow your wife to work straightaway and if she could get a job offer (which wouldn't be easy) before she applies for a visa that could be used to help her application.

One thing is she needs to make it clear if asked that she wants to be with you, not because she wants to work in the UK rather than the Philippines, as otherwise the Embassy may think your marriage isn't genuine.

Arthur Little
21st October 2009, 19:52
my wife is a 55yr old filipina. i'm 60 & english. we married in canada 3yrs ago.i'm just going onto pension credits&my wife has just qualified as a carer. i could do with some advice on how to get her here with me as she wants to work here rather than the phil.

:Hellooo: Welcome! I would suggest you follow the advice given to you by Darren ... emphasising the point that your wife wants to come to the UK in order to BE WITH HER HUSBAND [rather than simply to work here] and you can't go wrong.

Sophie
21st October 2009, 20:17
You'll need to apply for a spouse visa, though to get a spouse visa you need to show that you have accommodation for the both of you to live in, and enough money to live on without needing additional public funds. A spouse visa would allow your wife to work straightaway and if she could get a job offer (which wouldn't be easy) before she applies for a visa that could be used to help her application.

One thing is she needs to make it clear if asked that she wants to be with you, not because she wants to work in the UK rather than the Philippines, as otherwise the Embassy may think your marriage isn't genuine.

I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: and welcome to the forum swilson :Hellooo:

joebloggs
21st October 2009, 23:10

also mention in your letter of support that your wife has just qualified as a carer (send a copy of her certificate if you have one) also mentioning she intends to work, so bringing in more money to your household, so reducing further any risks your wife would need recourse to public funds, and that your wife should not have a problem finding employment as a carer as their are many vacancies.

good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

liane
22nd October 2009, 05:34
Welcome to the forum!:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

pumpkins
22nd October 2009, 10:23
hi :)
welcome to the forum:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: