PDA

View Full Version : is going to gym and exercising are bad for u??

pocahontas
21st October 2009, 23:48
sounds strange my subject.. but the reason why i ask that for my subject is. if your planning to get pregnant for the first time...and you are currently active to one of the gym is that would be bad for you and will cause for you to have a hard time to make baby or to get pregnant??:D:omg:

proud2bepinay
22nd October 2009, 01:16
I don't think going to the gym or exercising is bad for you if you are trying to get pregnant. In my case I used to spend 3 hours a day in the gym before I got pregnant as I was a wee bit overweight (hahaha). It did help me and in fact I'm just waiting for my baby to come out in this big wide world. Be mindful of any changes on your body though. I thought I was sick and missed a couple of sessions in the gym then I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant so goodluck and hope to hear some good news about you being pregnant. Take Care and all the best :-)

Northerner
22nd October 2009, 01:38
I would think the effect of going to the gym would be limited in this area. But then I am no doctor...

I do know that training does wear down the immune system, but it should not be a problem with trying to conceive! In fact, I would imagine some moderate exercise would be helpful as it gets the body moving (increased oxygenation of the bloodstream).:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And so long as the most important exercise is given plenty of time for!:Sex::beatnik2:

pocahontas
22nd October 2009, 10:07
I don't think going to the gym or exercising is bad for you if you are trying to get pregnant. In my case I used to spend 3 hours a day in the gym before I got pregnant as I was a wee bit overweight (hahaha). It did help me and in fact I'm just waiting for my baby to come out in this big wide world. Be mindful of any changes on your body though. I thought I was sick and missed a couple of sessions in the gym then I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant so goodluck and hope to hear some good news about you being pregnant. Take Care and all the best :-)

hello goodmorning..thanks for the reply.. so its ok going to gym even planning to get pregnant in first timer like me.... hehe well im just a bit worried coz im not younger anymore but still feel young in my heart.. :D:D

pocahontas
22nd October 2009, 10:09
I would think the effect of going to the gym would be limited in this area. But then I am no doctor...

I do know that training does wear down the immune system, but it should not be a problem with trying to conceive! In fact, I would imagine some moderate exercise would be helpful as it gets the body moving (increased oxygenation of the bloodstream).:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And so long as the most important exercise is given plenty of time for!:Sex::beatnik2:

hello there goodmorning thanks too for your reply... so im going to continue going to gym coz i really love it and keeps me busy while im looking for a job.. :D

have a great day!

Sophie
22nd October 2009, 10:47

I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: i don't see anything bad in keeping fit and going to the gym when you're trying to get pregnant
but just be careful though, and make sure you don't do over-strenous physical activities and exercises :)
Congratulations on your baby on the way proud to be pinay :xxgrinning--00xx3:
And all the best on your trying for a baby pocahontas, hope you and your hubby will have one soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
22nd October 2009, 10:56
am on my 14 weeks but still doing some a bit of lifting from my work and some a bit of running not intentionally but rushing up to catch bus and amazingly baby is fine just had a scan yesterday and she/he`s fidget like his mum and we had a glanced of him drinking in my tummy.:) so think a bit of exercise is fine on or before pregnancy:)

Jay&Zobel
22nd October 2009, 11:42
Ask your doctor or your gym instructor, better be safe than sorry. Although light exercises won't harm anyway. Enjoy!

Pepe n Pilar
22nd October 2009, 13:45
I agree with Zobel, i was about to say those two things, ask your doctor and your physical instructor. They know what's best for you:xxgrinning--00xx3:. If you're doing very light exercises they won't harm you unless you begin with a purpose hence you will be given a schedule and time frame in using each of the machines. BTW have you had some checkups before the enrollment? The gym i have been attending requires checkups like ECG because it is a MUST to know if an applicant has heart problems. An interview is conducted upon filling up the application forms thus the instructor will know what's your purpose and what part of your body you want to enhance, add or lose some weights, and if you like to develop some muscles or not on that particular area.

One thing i've learned about doing some exercise is if you want to maintain your body weight you have to dedicate one hour on each visit for at least 2x a week or make it at least 3x if you want to lose weight. At least an hour or 2. Oh! but when i was with my friends we stay from 8am-12nn. Then off we go for lunch... :D. :doh

Some say that if you are regular in those exercises you are prone to get pregnant(if it's in your plan, of course). I have a friend who wanted to get pregnant because they (she and her hubby) had planned it just after 4 yrs of marriage. One of her doctor's advice is to be in regular exercise.

Best of luck and hope to get good news on your plans of getting pregnant.

Cheers!:)

Fitzy
23rd October 2009, 21:47
I go 3-4 times a week and i'm not pregnant yet, heheheheh:D:D:D:D:D:Rasp::Rasp:

Northerner
23rd October 2009, 21:50
Ask your doctor ... gym instructor... Enjoy!

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Tawi2
23rd October 2009, 21:53
When I was running 10 miles a day and doing 3 two hour sessions in the gym a week I actually used to feel run down,I felt like crap :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
23rd October 2009, 22:16
stay at home and do some horizontal jogging,i prefer to call it sexercise :D

GaryFifer
24th October 2009, 00:19
sounds strange my subject.. but the reason why i ask that for my subject is. if your planning to get pregnant for the first time...and you are currently active to one of the gym is that would be bad for you and will cause for you to have a hard time to make baby or to get pregnant??:D:omg:

Hmm, perhaps the man might use his testosterone with all that exerting and pushing and pulling to build muscles. For your mans health might worth reading this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/articles/testosterone.shtml

proud2bepinay
24th October 2009, 02:46
hello goodmorning..thanks for the reply.. so its ok going to gym even planning to get pregnant in first timer like me.... hehe well im just a bit worried coz im not younger anymore but still feel young in my heart.. :D:D

Well this opinion is based on my experience. I would recommend you check with your GP as I was given some hand outs when you are trying to conceive. I'm a first time mom and don't you worry about the age thing. I am 32 years old now and I do have friends who are also way older than me one is 40+ and managed to have a child. Wish you all the best :BouncyHappy:

proud2bepinay
24th October 2009, 02:49
I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: i don't see anything bad in keeping fit and going to the gym when you're trying to get pregnant
but just be careful though, and make sure you don't do over-strenous physical activities and exercises :)
Congratulations on your baby on the way proud to be pinay :xxgrinning--00xx3:
And all the best on your trying for a baby pocahontas, hope you and your hubby will have one soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Sophie!! I', 41 weeks now. I week overdue and to be honest I am quite anxious. I am scheduled for an induction of labour this thursday and hopefully will have my baby on friday. To those people who might read this please pray for me and my baby.

proud2bepinay
24th October 2009, 02:51
am on my 14 weeks but still doing some a bit of lifting from my work and some a bit of running not intentionally but rushing up to catch bus and amazingly baby is fine just had a scan yesterday and she/he`s fidget like his mum and we had a glanced of him drinking in my tummy.:) so think a bit of exercise is fine on or before pregnancy:)

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Isn't it amazing to look at your baby during the scan. I'm a wee bit worried about you lifting be extra careful. Hope you keep us posted about your pregnancy.

Mrs Daddy
24th October 2009, 10:32
tnx proudtobepinay:)don`t worry as my midwife said everything is just perfect:Dthanks for your concern though!:)

IainBusby
25th October 2009, 11:17

I remember that quite a long time ago a bit of crackpot academic of some sort made a study into this. His theory was that all animals have a finite amount of heartbeats and when they run out you will die. He came to this conclusion after looking at animal size, animal heart rate and animal life expectancy, ie, the smaller the animal, the faster it's heart beats and the shorter it's life expectancy.

He laid out all of the figures starting with mice, then rats, then domestic cats and on and on right up to gorilla's and elephants and his argument based on his figures appeared to be quite rational. After reading his research papers another academic jokingly said what he appears to be saying is with regard to a finite quantity of heartbeats theory is, don't run when you can walk, don't stand when you can sit and don't sit when you can lie down.

Who knows, maybe he had a point.

Iain.

pocahontas
25th October 2009, 11:23
Well this opinion is based on my experience. I would recommend you check with your GP as I was given some hand outs when you are trying to conceive. I'm a first time mom and don't you worry about the age thing. I am 32 years old now and I do have friends who are also way older than me one is 40+ and managed to have a child. Wish you all the best :BouncyHappy:

hello proud2bpinay. magandang umaga.. thanks and i inspired that in my age its not really matters hehe..well ive heard already bout some ages who just carry a baby now but i guess its different when your self in that situation..:)

thanks for the post..:Hellooo:

pocahontas
25th October 2009, 11:27
tnx proudtobepinay:)don`t worry as my midwife said everything is just perfect:Dthanks for your concern though!:)

we are alll looking forward mrs.daddy and hope you keep us posted specially after you give birth to your first baby..isnt it??:D well i know that you do have to rest first before fronting in computer..:D

takecare..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pocahontas
25th October 2009, 11:32
I agree with Zobel, i was about to say those two things, ask your doctor and your physical instructor. They know what's best for you:xxgrinning--00xx3:. If you're doing very light exercises they won't harm you unless you begin with a purpose hence you will be given a schedule and time frame in using each of the machines. BTW have you had some checkups before the enrollment? The gym i have been attending requires checkups like ECG because it is a MUST to know if an applicant has heart problems. An interview is conducted upon filling up the application forms thus the instructor will know what's your purpose and what part of your body you want to enhance, add or lose some weights, and if you like to have some muscles or not.

One thing i've learned about doing some exercise is if you want to maintain your body weight you have to dedicate one hour on each visit for at least 2x a week or make it at least 3x if you want to lose weight. At least an hour or 2. Oh! but when i was with my friends we stay from 8am-12nn. Then off we go for lunch... :D. :doh

Some say that if you are regular in those exercises you are prone to get pregnant. I have a friend who wanted to get pregnant because they (she and her hubby) had planned it just after 4 yrs of marriage. One of her doctor's advice is to be in regular exercise.

Best of luck and hope to get good news on your plans of getting pregnant.

thanks for the post pepeandpilar..:) and its nice to hear some helpfull tips..well we just had to fill up a form because it was a promo for 2in1 membership and good only for 3months..:D so there is no really checking things like that.. i know what your saying upon registration coz in my others gym before it was like that a check up background..but i guess this time because of promotion and good for 3months its not really important....hehe should i say that... hm..:NoNo:

my exercise is doing 10 to 20minutes cross training, and some seatups and for thighs machine, and stretching and sometimes i do push ups for 10counts only..coz its hard hehe:D then i like going to sawna after that and swimming where my hubby likes it..:)

what you think i think its only a light right...:Erm:

Mrs Daddy
25th October 2009, 12:16
we are alll looking forward mrs.daddy and hope you keep us posted specially after you give birth to your first baby..isnt it??:D well i know that you do have to rest first before fronting in computer..:D

takecare..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

will do...thanks pocahontas:)

Pepe n Pilar
25th October 2009, 12:46
thanks for the post pepeandpilar..:) and its nice to hear some helpfull tips..well we just had to fill up a form because it was a promo for 2in1 membership and good only for 3months..:D so there is no really checking things like that.. i know what your saying upon registration coz in my others gym before it was like that a check up background..but i guess this time because of promotion and good for 3months its not really important....hehe should i say that... hm..:NoNo:

my exercise is doing 10 to 20minutes cross training, and some seatups and for thighs machine, and stretching and sometimes i do push ups for 10counts only..coz its hard hehe:D then i like going to sawna after that and swimming where my hubby likes it..:)

what you think i think its only a light right...:Erm:

You're welcome Pocahontas. Thanks for appreciating my tips. It's my pleasure to share some more tips to you:xxgrinning--00xx3::D. Yes i know there are gyms that has to reach a quota by giving out promos like this one. It is to their advantage right? As a costumer we also have to know what is right for us and what kind of exercise we have to indulge in.
I hope you're being guided by the gym instructors everytime you use the machine or no need for those who already has been enrolled before because they already have an idea.
I have learned that we only have to stay 5-10 mins on the treadmill if we want to maintain our present body weight and 20 mins if we want to lose weight. And those thigh machines, for abs, arms, legs, etc. etc. just 5lbs-10lbs or 15lbs eventually. Those can be done gradually. Oh...So many tips to share here..lol:D.
I hope you're enjoying, it sure is enjoyable especially the sauna.:xxgrinning--00xx3:.
Take care.

pocahontas
27th October 2009, 23:47
You're welcome Pocahontas. Thanks for appreciating my tips. It's my pleasure to share some more tips to you:xxgrinning--00xx3::D. Yes i know there are gyms that has to reach a quota by giving out promos like this one. It is to their advantage right? As a costumer we also have to know what is right for us and what kind of exercise we have to indulge in.
I hope you're being guided by the gym instructors everytime you use the machine or no need for those who already has been enrolled before because they already have an idea.
I have learned that we only have to stay 5-10 mins on the treadmill if we want to maintain our present body weight and 20 mins if we want to lose weight. And those thigh machines, for abs, arms, legs, etc. etc. just 5lbs-10lbs or 15lbs eventually. Those can be done gradually. Oh...So many tips to share here..lol:D.
I hope you're enjoying, it sure is enjoyable especially the sauna.:xxgrinning--00xx3:.
Take care.

goodevening..pepeandpilar..:Hellooo: the gym staff there ask us to introduction of the machine but we dont need it as like you said no need to those who knows how to use the machine where its mostly samething the instruction in others gym.

i really do going to gym eversince but honestly im not particular in how many minutes you should stay in those machine in different level or in different reasons.. coz i used the machine in only one reason.. when im tired then i will stopped:D sauna its my favorite..but i kinda have this feeling bit strange coz the sauna in gym is small and men and girls are together..:NoNo: which i never done before..well i can't complain its better than nothing, but id just feel shy well as long im with my hubby thats fine..:)