PDA

View Full Version : question about chest x-ray

Scottie1875
23rd October 2009, 18:53
Hi everyone,

I've just found out that my fiancee might need a chest x-ray for travelling to the UK. Does anybody know if thats accurate?

She travels on the 29th.

how much does it cost for x-ray and can she wait until she arrives before getting one?

Does anyone know why they ask for an x-ray? It seems everytime i think we have it all sorted, another thing crops up that we didnt know about, its a minefield out there!

Thanks,
Scottie

James Hubbard
23rd October 2009, 19:02
and as an extra, will my wife require one when her visa is granted?

thanks

Ji&Ma
23rd October 2009, 19:10
Hi - they (I suppose you mean UKBA) are asking for medical checks (x-ray etc.) on persons coming to UK to settle (fiancee, spousal visa and so) to avoid spreading of TBC from countries they deem as high risk. Unfortunately Philippines are regarded as one of them.

There is no need to get X-ray done back in Philippines, but some people think it's better as they might ask her on her arrival at the airport for one. In case she won't be able to produce her own TB screening from Philippines she will be asked to undergo X-ray straight on the airport. As far as I know from my experience (my girl travelling in here) it is without fee.
But it is no rule that they will ask for the X-ray as it depends greatly on which airport she is arriving to and how busy they are.
Although there is one little problem - she might be delayed by the screening - so it means that you would have to wait for her longer before she will clear the immigration + customs.
Nothing to worry about, good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
23rd October 2009, 19:19
Hi everyone,

I've just found out that my fiancee might need a chest x-ray for travelling to the UK. Does anybody know if thats accurate?

She travels on the 29th.

how much does it cost for x-ray and can she wait until she arrives before getting one?

Does anyone know why they ask for an x-ray? It seems everytime i think we have it all sorted, another thing crops up that we didnt know about, its a minefield out there!

Thanks,

Scottie

Hello,in my experience,I was instructed to proceed in a small room where I was being asked an x-ray.It was after immigration officer checked my passport.Maybe better to have an x-ray with her when she travel.It doesnt cost much in Phil.....maybe other members have different experiece.

joebloggs
23rd October 2009, 20:09
you will probably not be asked to under go an x-ray at the airport, more likely when you register with a doctor you will soon be asked to attend a clinic so an x-ray can be taken.

Scottie1875
23rd October 2009, 20:35
thanks everyone for your answers:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mygurl
24th October 2009, 01:22
hi, just done my chest x-ray here in my place( philippines)
and i paid only 190 pesos...