PDA

View Full Version : acceptable bridegroom wedding attire

sparky
24th October 2009, 23:44
so i just read a new members into where he got married in the Philippines in a full morning suit- he looked splendid but i guess wearing that he must have sweated buckets.

so here i am due to get married in 7 weeks and in all the excitement and running around arranging all the legal stuff i havnt given a thought as to what i am gonna wear on our big day:doh

i am a biggish chap so a full suit will probably give me a coronary in the local heat-so what is acceptable attire-its a civil wedding so not in a church

my lady will be in full wedding dress- tho obviously i havnt seen it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
25th October 2009, 02:05
Wear the Barong Tagalog, white T-shirt or long sleeve T-shirt underneath, black trousers & shoes...sorted :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You may sweat a bit due to nerves, but you will be reasonably cool. :)

joebloggs
25th October 2009, 02:34
Wear the Barong Tagalog, white T-shirt or long sleeve T-shirt underneath, black trousers & shoes...sorted :xxgrinning--00xx3:

that or your birthday suit will keep you cool :yikes:
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
25th October 2009, 02:49
Barong Tagalog every time!

Al.:)

James Hubbard
25th October 2009, 05:54
Personally I opted for a Barong, over which I wore a western style suit. Our wedding was Air Conditioned, so we didn't need to worry about sweat from heat :)

The only thing I will say is this . . . plan ahead. Get your barong tailored. I left it to the last minute, and because i am also (as you so eloquently euphemised) a "biggish chap" and I regretted it.

Get your contacts together and get the barong tailored.

My 2 centavos.

johncar54
25th October 2009, 07:42
plan ahead. Get your barong tailored.

Good advise. I looked as if I was 8 months pregnant and was wear a maternity smock, and my wife is a dressmaker !!!!!!!

James Hubbard
25th October 2009, 08:38
plan ahead. Get your barong tailored.

Good advise. I looked as if I was 8 months pregnant and was wear a maternity smock, and my wife is a dressmaker !!!!!!!

haha, I thought, how hard could it be to get a barong to fit me . . .

Right now, i couldn't even fit into the barong that I bought at LITERALLY the last minute (I have gained weight since wedding)

I looked like a sack of potatoes tied in the middle. Not a good look for one's wedding.

mistermatty
25th October 2009, 10:26
so i just read a new members into where he got married in the Philippines in a full morning suit- he looked splendid but i guess wearing that he must have sweated buckets.

so here i am due to get married in 7 weeks and in all the excitement and running around arranging all the legal stuff i havnt given a thought as to what i am gonna wear on our big day:doh

i am a biggish chap so a full suit will probably give me a coronary in the local heat-so what is acceptable attire-its a civil wedding so not in a church

my lady will be in full wedding dress- tho obviously i haven't seen it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't forget that if you need any advice on English Morning attire then pls dont hesiate to contact me mate , you may be surprised to know its a speciality of mine .

eagles
25th October 2009, 10:51
barong tagalog is ok....

Funny James:icon_lol: Your wife must be a good cook ...

James Hubbard
25th October 2009, 10:59
Don't forget that if you need any advice on English Morning attire then pls dont hesiate to contact me mate , you may be surprised to know its a speciality of mine .

Maybe you can enlighten us all as to "honeymoon evening" clothes? Birthday suit? :butthead::action-smiley-081::xxgrinning--00xx3::Cuckoo::NEW1::REDancedancer08::action-smiley-075::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::Sex::icon_tonguew::Bouncy::Bouncy::icon_tonguew:

James Hubbard
25th October 2009, 11:00
barong tagalog is ok....

Funny James:icon_lol: Your wife must be a good cook ...

She is, but she doesn't believe she is! :yikes:

islander
25th October 2009, 18:27
for sure your bride would love it & appreciate it more if you'll wear BARONG TAGALOG.... it's just very meaningful to us filipina brides!

estherboaz
25th October 2009, 19:24
I agree.Barong tagalog is the best choice.You could have it tailored in Onesimus.They have branch in SM.
http://www.onesimus.com.ph/

sparky
25th October 2009, 19:26

nice to see you here mate:xxgrinning--00xx3:

belfast_dude
25th October 2009, 20:56

i wore the same thing....perfect...it is cool and light....

somebody
25th October 2009, 21:59
I wore an Armani Shirt and Trousers and smart shoes which somehow ended up being given to the Wifes Bro as to heavy to take home..

Also how will everyone else be dressed ours was quite a laid back affair and if I was in a suit would have looked over the top.

Ask the Mahal to see what the main male family members are going to wear so you fit in...

vbkelly
26th October 2009, 09:51

my lady will be in full wedding dress- tho obviously i havnt seen it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

my husband had a barong tagalog in our wedding we bought in manila a barong tagalog shop in mega mall.

MarBell379
26th October 2009, 10:14
Barong tagalog, as others have said. Get it tailored.
If you have to send measurements to Philippines for tailoring, drop me a line. Some of the bits they need are slightly different to the way we measure in the UK.
I was lucky and went to Phils in betwen ordering and Del coming here, if I didnt I would have had trousers which dont fit and VERY tight cuffs!

If your lady is anywhere near Taal, send her there to get a proper barong tagalog. They're great, and dirt cheap compared to anything you'll get in the UK. I couldnt hire a morning suit here for the price of both our outfits!

korki
26th October 2009, 12:55
Barong Tagalog every time!

Al.:)

I agree! the Barong Tagalog is always the best way to go for when in formal activities and especially those "special ones"