25th October 2009, 22:09
ITs ON

the forum will be back shortly....:D

LadyJ
25th October 2009, 22:10
im watching it...

Tawi2
25th October 2009, 22:40
He described Davao as mindanaos largest "Town" :Erm: the producers should have done a little more research,its actually one of the worlds largest cities :icon_lol:

Northerner
25th October 2009, 23:00
AWESOME... Just what I wanted to see:xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
25th October 2009, 23:01
AWESOME... Just what I wanted to see:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Repeat on tomorrow as well Sir.

walesrob
25th October 2009, 23:02
He went to our favourite hotel, Alejandros in Tacloban and then onto Red Beach for the Leyte Landing Memorial. We have a pic in the gallery taken at Alejandros http://filipinaroses.com/copper/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=7

somebody
25th October 2009, 23:04
He went to our favourite hotel, Alejandros in Tacloban and then onto Red Beach for the Leyte Landing Memorial.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
25th October 2009, 23:05
Bit wishy-washy,damp squib to be honest,charlies a lightweight presenter :NoNo:And his pronunciation of place names is abysmal.

JimOttley
25th October 2009, 23:06

I missed the start, need to bookmark the repeat :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
25th October 2009, 23:10

:Erm: Is it on BBC2 again?... and at what time?

somebody
25th October 2009, 23:11
Bit wishy-washy,damp squib to be honest,charlies a lightweight presenter :NoNo:And his pronunciation of place names is abysmal.

My Wife enjoyed it and she was laughing at his pronunciation as its like mine rubbish.

Thing is its a race so they never stop and dash though places.

But we all need to watch every showing and advise others to as like question times TV is all about the ratings:D

Also dont forget to watch on iplayer as well or at least download..

walesrob
25th October 2009, 23:12

BBC iplayer link http://bbc.co.uk/i/nnrd5/

Arthur Little
25th October 2009, 23:18
He described Davao as mindanaos largest "Town" :Erm: the producers should have done a little more research,its actually one of the worlds largest cities :icon_lol:

Not only that ... why wasn't there more coverage of Davao City? I mean places like 'The Philippine Eagle' and Crocodile Parks, Paradise Island, etc., etc. ... instead of just scenes of fruit vendors and such like ... :doh

somebody
25th October 2009, 23:20

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00n5xs1/episodes/upcoming

Tomorrow 23.50 in scotland:omg:

Tawi2
25th October 2009, 23:23
Not only that ... why wasn't there more coverage of Davao City? I mean places like 'The Philippine Eagle and Crocodile Parks, etc., etc. ... instead of just scenes of fruit vendors and such like ... :doh
"This is Davao,its a large "Town":Erm:in mindanao,look at this street filled with fruit" then he was off :Erm: He piggy-backed his way into travel presenting through his chum Ewan McGregor,he isnt comfortable with the job and the show in all honesty could have been a lot better,it was watchable but thats about it :icon_lol:

somebody
25th October 2009, 23:29
"This is Davao,its a large "Town":Erm:in mindanao,look at this street filled with fruit" then he was off :Erm: He piggy-backed his way into travel presenting through his chum Ewan McGregor,he isnt comfortable with the job and the show in all honesty could have been a lot better,it was watchable but thats about it :icon_lol:

The Wife likes his chaotic mix of basically standing back looking confused means she can just see normal Phills doing normal things to a degree as a reminder of Phill.

But not a great advert for the country, the Phill tourist board need to get some serious advisors who can be made avaiable to the TV crews who turn up.

Most of the other countries seem to get much better showings on these shows. Im guessing in Phill they just let the tv crews get on with it?

Tawi2
25th October 2009, 23:32
I sometimes wonder if the Pinoy tourist board even venture beyond mid-visayas because all they ever push is Bora...Bora....Boracay :icon_lol:Which to be honest isnt all that,theres some incredible parts of the country the average tourist doesnt get to see,you just have to get off the beaten track for them,on camiguin theres some beautiful parts,what did they choose to show?Some dillies in a net :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
25th October 2009, 23:35
The Wife likes his chaotic mix of basically standing back looking confused means she can just see normal Phills doing normal things to a degree as a reminder of Phill.

But not a great advert for the country, the Phill tourist board need to get some serious advisors who can be made avaiable to the TV crews who turn up.

Most of the other countries seem to get much better showings on these shows. Im guessing in Phill they just let the tv crews get on with it?

have you watched this show before?

they turn up with a video camera in hand to experience what life is really like as they travel around,i like the format.

better than going to 5 star hotels inbetween filming :Erm:

somebody
25th October 2009, 23:40
I sometimes wonder if the Pinoy tourist board even venture beyond mid-visayas because all they ever push is Bora...Bora....Boracay :icon_lol:Which to be honest isnt all that,theres some incredible parts of the country the average tourist doesnt get to see,you just have to get off the beaten track for them,on camiguin theres some beautiful parts,what did they choose to show?Some dillies in a net :icon_lol:

Yeah I was thinking that normally you get the landscape shot but rarely in Phill.

All the goverment have to do is employ a few photogenic English speaking Phills who have at least some media experience.

If thailand can do it im sure English speaking Phillipines could walk all over them.

Many people watching will have noticed how people speak such good English.

But all they seem to show is fishing, scrap yards or people who recycle rubbish in someway and the odd enviromental good cause.

People still want beautiful scenery, history and culture. When was the last time they showed the beaches the leisure faclities the amazing churches and views:Brick:

Tawi2
25th October 2009, 23:41
If any of the pinoy tourist board are logged onto this site gimmee half his budget and I will give you an awesome show,I wouldnt even have to fly into the country from Singapore because the border had been closed down :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

JimOttley
25th October 2009, 23:43

Yeah and it's just a tourist trap now nothing compared to the rest of the country.

Jim

Tawi2
25th October 2009, 23:45
Yeah and it's just a tourist trap now nothing compared to the rest of the country.

Jim
My mate went to Pinas last week for the first time,he is spending 3 weeks on Boracay because his pinay girlfriend who has never actually been to Boracay herself said its like heaven on earth:Erm:

JimOttley
25th October 2009, 23:47
Yeah I was thinking that normally you get the landscape shot but rarely in Phill.

All the goverment have to do is employ a few photogenic English speaking Phills who have at least some media experience.

If thailand can do it im sure English speaking Phillipines could walk all over them.

Many people watching will have noticed how people speak such good English.

But all they seem to show is fishing, scrap yards or people who recycle rubbish in someway and the odd enviromental good cause.

People still want beautiful scenery, history and culture. When was the last time they showed the beaches the leisure faclities the amazing churches and views:Brick:

That was unusual in my experience they really had some exceptionally good English speakers on this program!

They are missing out terribly as a country but they need to do a massive general clean-up everywhere as well before the tourist insdustry will really take off.

Jim

JimOttley
25th October 2009, 23:48
My mate went to Pinas last week for the first time,he is spending 3 weeks on Boracay because his pinay girlfriend who has never actually been to Boracay herself said its like heaven on earth:Erm:

He'll be bored silly in 5 days :NoNo:

That's like going to Millport for 3 weeks! :Brick: :D

Jim

Tawi2
25th October 2009, 23:51
When his girlfriend said "Heaven on earth" I did say "Yeah,'Cos its "dead" boring":icon_lol:Its like a lukewarn version of any of the popular Thai islands nowadays,filled with Henna tattooists,eateries,and Korean and Japanese tourists and the Pinoy Nouveau riche who flock there to be seen :rolleyes:

JimOttley
25th October 2009, 23:55
When his girlfriend said "Heaven on earth" I did say "Yeah,'Cos its "dead" boring":icon_lol:Its like a lukewarn version of any of the popular Thai islands nowadays,filled with Henna tattooists,eateries,and Korean and Japanese tourists and the Pinoy Nouveau riche who flock there to be seen :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I would go back we have friends there now but I would much rather see a lot of other places it's a big country!

Jim

Tawi2
25th October 2009, 23:57
7107 islands :xxgrinning--00xx3:the country is slightly larger than Boracay :)

bornatbirth
25th October 2009, 23:57
Don't get me wrong I would go back we have friends there now but I would much rather see a lot of other places it's a big country!

Jim

your quite right,a beach is the same all around the world theres far to see off the beaten track. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SteveL
26th October 2009, 00:21
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nnrd5

In case anyone wants to watchit again on tinternet.

jam07
26th October 2009, 02:44
i missed it! :(( the replay is when (manila time)? :(

adam&chryss
26th October 2009, 09:00
me and hubby watched it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

though Charley looks so untidy, seems like he's not taking a shower/bath and not changing his clothes I guess :Erm: :D

but I enjoyed it so much, specially the part where he ate santol... oh how i miss santol so much! :icon_lol:

vbkelly
26th October 2009, 10:25

agree!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
26th October 2009, 10:29
Not only that ... why wasn't there more coverage of Davao City? I mean places like 'The Philippine Eagle' and Crocodile Parks, Paradise Island, etc., etc. ... instead of just scenes of fruit vendors and such like ... :doh

the market he went is called bankerohan and he went to mintal

vbkelly
26th October 2009, 10:32
7107 islands :xxgrinning--00xx3:the country is slightly larger than Boracay :)

1708 islands when its low tide lol

rayofLight
26th October 2009, 11:43

YES...Charle's didn't visited all the main attraction in the Philippines.....maybe luck of time...He didn't go to Palawan...

Sophie
26th October 2009, 11:57
have you watched this show before?

they turn up with a video camera in hand to experience what life is really like as they travel around,i like the format.

better than going to 5 star hotels inbetween filming :Erm:

Yeah, i suppose its not really a prestigious travel show where they show the tourists spots and destinations.....
It's more of a ROAD TRIP "cowboy" style where he features and get to feel and experience the authentic rural way of life....
Its quite interesting actually, something new and different, not the usual travel shows i'm accustomed to watch.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ca143
26th October 2009, 12:21
i missed it! :(( the replay is when (manila time)? :(

u can try on bbc iplayer:D

Kalboaso
26th October 2009, 13:43
me and hubby watched it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

though Charley looks so untidy, seems like he's not taking a shower/bath and not changing his clothes I guess :Erm: :D

but I enjoyed it so much, specially the part where he ate santol... oh how i miss santol so much! :icon_lol:

I have Santol growing in our lot, it's great I think...

Thought the program was quite good IMHO...:rolleyes: