PDA

View Full Version : exit clearance

telford
27th October 2009, 06:05
Hi everyone!
Does anyone of you here tried to stay in Philippines for 3 months using balikbayan previledge? Did you still pay exit clearance when you leave the country? Coz when my husband stayed here for 2yrs, they let him pay exit clearance at the airport.... I wonder if he still need to pay exit clearance now that he only stay 3 months...

James Hubbard
27th October 2009, 12:11
Hi everyone!
Does anyone of you here tried to stay in Philippines for 3 months using balikbayan previledge? Did you still pay exit clearance when you leave the country? Coz when my husband stayed here for 2yrs, they let him pay exit clearance at the airport.... I wonder if he still need to pay exit clearance now that he only stay 3 months...

i hope not, i think it's just for those who stay for over 6 months, but I'm flying next monday back to UK, i got my balikbayan visa 4 months ago! :NoNo::yikes::Help1:

telford
28th October 2009, 05:11
i hope not, i think it's just for those who stay for over 6 months, but I'm flying next monday back to UK, i got my balikbayan visa 4 months ago! :NoNo::yikes::Help1:
Thanks for the reply James... Please let me know if you need to pay. We will also going back in UK on the 10th of November after 3 months of staying in Pinas.
My Husband before is paying P2,500 for exit clearance but he was staying 18 months that time. So I wonder if he still need to pay now even he just stay less than a year.
Anyway, Have a safe trip! :)

James Hubbard
28th October 2009, 07:55
Thanks for the reply James... Please let me know if you need to pay. We will also going back in UK on the 10th of November after 3 months of staying in Pinas.
My Husband before is paying P2,500 for exit clearance but he was staying 18 months that time. So I wonder if he still need to pay now even he just stay less than a year.
Anyway, Have a safe trip! :)

i had to pay for exit clearance to go from here to malaysia, but I am onthe understanding that it only becomes necessary after the foreigner has been in the philippines for 6months or more - so your hubby was here for 18 months before, so he needed E.C. but he's only been here for 3 months, so I see no reason why he should have to pay :)

Does anyone on the forum here have first hand experience?

thanks.