PDA

View Full Version : Alans accident.

Alan
30th October 2009, 07:59
Hello this is Hanna. Alan had a motorcycle accident today. He is in hospital. He is injured but okay.

aromulus
30th October 2009, 08:20
Hello this is Hanna. Alan had a motorcycle accident today. He is in hospital. He is injured but okay.

I am very sorry to hear about the accident.

I sincerely hope he will recover soon and be back home with you where he belongs.

All the best.

Dom & Jet

Ji&Ma
30th October 2009, 08:41
Ahhhh my :doh :NoNo: :NoNo: :NoNo:
It was on his new bike he's been so proud about recently I suppose? :Erm:
All the best and speedy recovery prof! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
30th October 2009, 09:21
Thanks Hanna :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe it's time to buy him some stabilizers :rolleyes: .... or a Reliant Robin

http://www.3wheelers.com/Reliant_Robin.jpg

Get well matey.... :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

http://www.benitaepstein.com/hospital%20cartoons/files/page15-1012-full.jpg

vbkelly
30th October 2009, 09:27

sorry to hear that anna anyway get well soon alan

pennybarry
30th October 2009, 09:40

Hope and pray you're OK by now. Please be careful with your bike.
Hubby also bought big bike in Pinas, his bike fell down on my right foot. I was the one suffered from pain not him.:Brick: I sold his bike after few months.

Thanks Hanna :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe it's time to buy him some stabilizers :rolleyes: .... or a Reliant Robin

http://www.3wheelers.com/Reliant_Robin.jpg

Get well matey.... :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Boss I like to drive Robin. To be honest. :BouncyHappy:

adam&chryss
30th October 2009, 10:12
Get well soon to your husband Hannah! Hopes he'll get a speedy recovery :)

bornatbirth
30th October 2009, 10:17

sorry to hear this,lets hope he has a quick recovery,born again bikers :D

Boss I like to drive Robin. To be honest. :BouncyHappy:

i dont think they like going around roundabouts either :Erm:

Alan
30th October 2009, 12:29
Thank you eceryone. I just come home to get things for Alan he is badly hurt sorry.

Tawi2
30th October 2009, 12:33
Badly hurt?Whats the extent of the injuries please?Hope its not really bad?My friend was knocked from his motorbike in Pinas,he is swiss national,he had a broken leg and jaw,loads of minor injuries,he was hit by a student who shouldnt have been driving,didnt have a permit,and subsequently dissapeared back to his home province to escape the retribution leaving my friend to pay a hefty medical bill:NoNo:Hope Alan is ok?

jam07
30th October 2009, 14:18
oh my.... i hope the injuries is not that bad... :(
get well soon sir Alan...

Jay&Zobel
30th October 2009, 14:40
Gel well soon Big AL!

whiteraven
30th October 2009, 14:51
doesnt sound too clever. hope your ok alan and get well soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
30th October 2009, 15:07
Well after DOm and now Alan. Hope he get better soon.

les_taxi
30th October 2009, 15:08
hope he's gonna be ok :(

liane
30th October 2009, 15:22
Hoping for your speed recovery, Sir.:)

KeithD
30th October 2009, 16:08
Alan did mention he'd like to put something towards getting Dom a pressie to get well .... I suggest Alan spend it on yourself :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
30th October 2009, 18:00

So sorry to hear about this, get well soon prof AL and wish you a speedy recovery.....

James Hubbard
30th October 2009, 18:29
Hi Hanna, sorry to hear of Alan's accident!

please let us know of Alan's condition, also, I would like to know what his injuries are.

I hope everything is OK, tell him to have a beer when he gets out of hospital, I'd buy him a san mig but sadly, I'm leaving to go to UK again on Sunday! :NoNo:

kimmi
30th October 2009, 18:34
get well soon Prof Al..

Florge
30th October 2009, 19:27
oh my... i'll keep him in my prayers..

get well soon prof!

lizaphil
30th October 2009, 20:39

hi hanna,sorry to hear that news hope alan ganna be ok soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

belfast_dude
30th October 2009, 20:47
get well soon alan..

JimOttley
30th October 2009, 23:38
Oh dear, doesn't sound good, I really hope Alan is ok.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Jim

Arthur Little
31st October 2009, 01:04

:cwm24: Hanna, I'm so sorry to learn of Alan's accident. I remember in one of my recent posts ... telling Alan about my son, Ally being a motorcycle enthusiast. What I DIDN'T mention was my concern for his [Ally's] safety every time he was out on his bike ... in the same way as you'd be worried about Alan.

Please convey to him our very best wishes for a speedy recovery. We hope it will be of some comfort to know that both of you are in the thoughts and prayers of each and every one of your many friends on the forum.

Sincerely,

Arthur.

JimOttley
31st October 2009, 03:26
:cwm24: Hanna, I'm so sorry to learn of Alan's accident. I remember in one of my recent posts ... telling Alan about my son, Ally being a motorcycle enthusiast. What I DIDN'T mention was my concern for his [Ally's] safety every time he was out on his bike ... in the same way as you'd be worried about Alan.

Please convey to him our very best wishes for a speedy recovery. We hope it will be of some comfort to know that both of you are in the thoughts and prayers of each and every one of your many friends on the forum.

Sincerely,

Arthur.

You're right it's hard for a parent Arthur and for a partner, I had a good few bikes over the years and I have come off them more often than was good for me, very lucky on a lot of occasions. My mother was petrified every time I went out but as a youth one doesn't understand the pain and concern of a parent.

I did feel a slight uneasy twinge when Alan mentioned his new bike just a week or so ago, as the roads and the driving are so much more insane over there than here and even here on bikes it's pretty dangerous.

From one biker to another I hope you are ok Alan, broken bones heal but it takes time, just hope that's all the damage you have sustained.

Get well soon sir!

Jim

Sim11UK
31st October 2009, 03:56
More bad news on the forum...Really sorry to hear this. I hope Alan spent a comfortable night in hospital?

We need to send him some grapes.

Get well soon & best wishes to you both.

KeithD
31st October 2009, 09:38
We need to send him some grapes.
Hanna, take Alan in a Durian..... he'll be out of bed within seconds and on his way home :D

Alan
31st October 2009, 09:43
Alan has bad bruising to ribs shoulder arms. Also bad cuts to legs and arms but no break.
Am going to collect him now, he is coming home. Thank you evryone.
Hanna.

KeithD
31st October 2009, 09:51
Thanks for the info Hanna :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Happy_Now
31st October 2009, 11:52

Ouch:NoNo::NoNo:
I hate pains:):)
Be well Sir Allan. We missed you here:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like my Son riding on his bike very fast. people who had seen him on the road said "he is like flyin":NoNo::NoNo:
then in 10 minutes after, they have seen him again:icon_lol::icon_lol:
this time he and his bike riding on KULIGLIG:Brick::Brick::Brick:

Well we praise God, he is alright! Until now i dont want his bike be mend:angry::angry::angry: i really hate accidents:bigcry:

Happy_Now
31st October 2009, 11:55
Kuliglig

simplyxiao
31st October 2009, 11:56
Get well soon Sir Al...

pennybarry
31st October 2009, 12:00
i dont think they like going around roundabouts either :Erm:

That's why I like Robin car. :Erm:

Thanks God, Sir Alan is now alright. Keeps on speed recovery.

Flowers for you Sir Alan. :BouncyHappy::cwm12::cwm38:

JimOttley
31st October 2009, 12:29
Alan has bad bruising to ribs shoulder arms. Also bad cuts to legs and arms but no break.
Hanna.

That's really good news Hanna, take it easy and get well soon Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
31st October 2009, 13:26
Oh dear, sorry to hear that :doh

Wish him a speedy recovery :):cwm38:

KeithD
31st October 2009, 13:31
Wish him a speedy ....... :):cwm38:
That's what got him in hospital in the first place :cwm24:

Tawi2
31st October 2009, 14:32
Bad bruising is incredibly painfull,but at least its nothing life-threateningly serious,alls well that ends well unless the bike is badly damaged :Erm:

Northerner
31st October 2009, 14:35
Wow, just read this and sorry to hear you had an accident.

Alan, or Hanna.. Message me your address and I will pop round when I can with some english tea bags and musrtard for you mate..

See you soon, take care.

Sean

Arthur Little
31st October 2009, 14:47

Alan, or Hanna.. Message me your address and I will pop round when I can with some english tea bags and musrtard for you mate..

See you soon, take care.

Sean

Kind thought, Sean ... it had crossed my mind you might just do that anyway. Please pass on our best regards to Alan & Hanna.

Glad to learn everything is going well with you and Rizza. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
31st October 2009, 14:54

See you soon, take care.

Sean

Very good of you mate :xxgrinning--00xx3:Especially with the tea-bags,pinoys seem to think the only tea in the world is Liptons :ARsurrender:

Ji&Ma
31st October 2009, 15:22
Hanna.

Ohh , happy to hear that it wasn't something more serious than that - even though it must have been really painful for prof and for you Hannah as well.
Best wishes from us and speedy recovery:xxgrinning--00xx3: :Hellooo:

Pepe n Pilar
31st October 2009, 17:43
Sorry to hear you had an accident Prof Alan.
Wishing for your speedy recovery.
Get well soon!:)
Regards.

whiteraven
31st October 2009, 18:50
glad to hear no serious injuries, take it easy and get well soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

paulgee
1st November 2009, 11:25
Sorry to hear of your accident Alan, and am glad you suffered nothing worse than cuts and bruises, painful though I am sure that will be for some while.

Having seen the vulnerability of motor cyclists in the manic Philippines traffic I think you were a brave man using that mode of transport.

I hope the hospital bill is not as painful!

Regards Paul

Sconnie
1st November 2009, 13:48
Been away with work, just read this, sorry to hear of your accident Al, hope you have a quick and scar free recovery and that the bike is not expensive to repair.

Good luck Al

monkeyface
2nd November 2009, 16:54
Sorry to hear about the accident.:(
Take care and get well soon...

September
2nd November 2009, 17:01
Hanna.

That is so sweet of you for letting us know Hanna,
Get well soon Al, next time dont drive it too fast :)

nigel
2nd November 2009, 21:10
I'm sure he is "Honda" way to recovery..:Erm: Sorry daft joke! Yamahahahaha:icon_lol:

Alan
3rd November 2009, 12:25
Hi folks - enfin, c'est moi!

It was just a normal Friday morning really - the birds were singing - the crocuses were croaking!
I stepped onto my threshold, took a deep breath - and collapsed! (It's rather polluted here in Cebu as you know.)
I turned to Hanna and remarked on the 'fog' that had meekly descended into our lives this morning - she just told me to put my fag out!! (I never liked him anyway!!)
Nobbut a twinkling later, I felt that familiar throbbing between my legs - that urgent, attentive feeling that every man can recognise oh so well! Yes, a mosquito had bitten my nuts!

Turning to leave for yet another day's hard labour at Stalagluft 41B, I turned to my wife to say goodbye:-

"You haven't noticed, have you?"
I visually quizzed her outburst.
"Noticed what, my flower of the desert?"
"You haven't noticed anything different about me this morning!"
Hanna is fiercely proud of always looking 'fresh out of the box.' I had to think fast, but, surveying her intensely, (Have you ever surveyed anyone's intensely? Where is it?) I had to inwardly admit a shameful defeat from this dawn interrogation - a guess was in order!!
"You've had your hair cut" I stuttered with a puerility worthy of a naughty schoolboy caught red-handed in the act of trying to sneak a peek into the girls' loos. (Not that I ever.......well, moving on.........
" No Alan - I had my hair done last week!!"
The statement was delivered as sweetly as Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker fairy - but nevertheless, contained a thousand bee stings!!!
I quite cleverly turned to the obvious compliment:-
"Ah, I know, of course. How could I miss it my dear Stig of the Dump? You have lost weight."
The ensuing two seconds of silence lasted a hundred lifetimes......
"I have NOT lost weight - in fact I have GAINED a few pounds!!! You don't pay me any attention any more."
I could feel the tension growing - the awful realisation of a blunder reminiscent of the bloke who put his life savings on Hatton lasting 3 rounds.
I had to think fast - on my feet........so I stood up and had one last 'stab.'
"You've bought a new top my War of the Worlds!!!" I clenched my buttocks so hard in anticipation of an affirmation, that my right leg is now my left!!!
"I've had this top for years."
The repost was signalling an end to world peace of the most minuscule nature! I was as lost as one of Mark Thatcher's navigators. I felt as shattered as a pane of glass at a Filipino Karaoke party. I was now lost - so, after lying, of course, the next best thing is - THE TRUTH!!!
"I'm sorry my Close Encounter of the Third Kind. I have to admit that I cannot notice any difference in your perfection. You look as beautiful to me today as you did that very first time we met on the Internet. Me at home, and you in 'The Bytes' Internet Cafe - Private Rooms Available.
You will have to tell me, my Last of the Mohecans. What is different about you today???
The reply was swift...........

"I'm wearing my gas mask!!"

Needless to say, I beat a hasty retreat (these hasty retreats are not as strong as they used to be!) and roared off into the vibrant reveille of the 30th October - a never to be forgotten morning!!!

Chapter 3

Cruising along the Palm Springsesque highway of Wireless, Mandaue City, I hung a left down towards the SM City Mall of Cebu. Surprisingly, the missing plague from the Bible - i.e. The Dreaded Plague of the Jeepneys - was conspicuous by its absence and so, uniquely, I was able to shift into 3rd and subsequently 4th gear on my way along the (relatively) deserted mass of stones, dirt and macadam that professes the appellation of 'road' here in the Philippines!
Shortly before reaching the 'junction' of Natasha's there nestles a myriad of Sari Sari stores on the right hand side of the road. On the left lies the opposite carriageway - with appropriately placed gaps where one may 'U-Turn' - except for the fact that there are 'No U-Turn' signs forbidding one to take advantage of a such manoeuvre.

Chapter 7 - The Hunt for Red October

The end of the month is 'pay day' at work. I was looking forward to being able to buy some rice again!
The aforementioned u-turn was being employed by 'someone' as I approached.
I remember waking up underneath a taxi!

I am tired and still in pain - I shall continue tomorrow!

God bless you all.

Al.:)

aromulus
3rd November 2009, 12:36
Judging from what you eloquently wrote, I can safely say that there ain't much wrong with yah, apart from hurt pride..... A sore :butthead:, and maybe a few very painful scratches....:NoNo:

Relax, mate.
Concentrate on getting better and pamper Hanna.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

paulgee
3rd November 2009, 18:01
I hope your bruises are not as purple as your prose !

Paul

Alan
4th November 2009, 12:29
Chapter 7a - The Son of the Return of the Hunt for Red October

Safeguards are often irksome, but sometimes convenient, and if one needs them at all, one is apt to need them badly.
Henry Adams.

The first thing to slam into Mother Earth was my head - or to be more precise - my crash helmet (what a spookily apt name.)
All that I remember after that was sliding along the road trying desperately to avoid 'rolling.'
There is nothing much exciting to report about the underside of a Toyota Corolla, except that it is dirty and hot!!! That is where I ultimately terminated my unexpected and unwelcome slide along this particular stretch of South Pacific highway.
I remember two things instantly - I could move all my bodily particles, so I didn't think anything was broken. Also, there was a lot of blood - it had to be mine so I started to panic.

Almost immediately life became a lot worse. Strangely enough I remember thinking that I had to go to work!!
My beautiful new bike was lying, not looking so new any more, in the middle of the road. Its headlight had turned to face me and I had the distinct impression of that headlight being a piercing eye exploding at me the words, "What the f... did you do that for?"

Indeed, why had I 'done that?' Then I remembered - the person on the other bike had u-turned without even looking and crossed my carriageway so there was no chance of avoidance. How was he/she? Dead, alive, injured? I couldn't care - I didn't care. I had too many issues.

TBC.

Florge
4th November 2009, 16:07
so nice to see you back!

KeithD
4th November 2009, 16:22
so nice to see you back!
What about his front? :Erm: Or is that still attached to the road? :cwm24:

pennybarry
4th November 2009, 21:32
Sir, If I'm Hanna, I will sell your bike whether you like it or not then keep the money. :icon_lol:

Ji&Ma
4th November 2009, 23:18
Happy to see that you are back to your old self Prof :Erm: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
5th November 2009, 04:54
Hanna..Glad it wasn't as serious as all that..Hope he recovers quickly.

I use my bike occasionally but usually happier driving the car as the people here CANNOT drive period.
We lost another expat on the island (On bike) as he was overtaking another numskull that turned left without any indication..Both died instantly.
15 bikers killed in Panglao last fiesta.
Alans better off getting a multi cab if you ask me..

I`ll text shortly..
Fred.

Alan
5th November 2009, 13:43
Hi folks,

Been in hospital again today for more treatment. Just got home and feeling sore and tired. Will continue my story tomorrow.

BTW - I am emotionally overwhelmed by all the good wishes I have had on this thread - I had no idea that Hanna had done this. I have had about 4 hours sleep since the accident last Friday - here's hoping for a good night tonight.

Bless you all.

Tawi2
5th November 2009, 14:00
Least your ok,bikes can be replaced easily enough,flesh and blood cant,follow freds advice and get a vehicle :xxgrinning--00xx3:I nearly came off a moped once on Negros but that was because I was watching a particularly nice rooster crossing the road(There could be a why did the chicken cross the road joke in there but I cant think of one:icon_lol:)Be safe and be lucky :)

aposhark
5th November 2009, 14:23
Get well soon, Alan. :doh

liane
5th November 2009, 15:01
Glad to know you are ok:BouncyHappy:

Alan
7th November 2009, 11:59
Chapter 33 1/3 I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles.

I'll draw this thread to a close now - 'cos I'm sure you're as bored as I am!

Taken in ambulance to Cebu City Hospital - Dreadful place - basically a hospital where they let people die!!

X-Rays taken - results in 3 days. 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this??????????

Police station afterwards 'cos I was guilty of several offences.

Paid a large bribe to stay out of prison.

I shall go back home this Christmas - I shall not come back to the Philippines!

aromulus
7th November 2009, 12:07

Like what, "being a whitey" on a motor...?

Prison for traffic offences...????:Erm:

When, do you reckon, would Hanna be able to join you here...??:Erm:

Alan
7th November 2009, 12:33
Like what, "being a whitey" on a motor...?

Prison for traffic offences...????:Erm:

When, do you reckon, would Hanna be able to join you here...??:Erm:

There is another story from what happened last week. Very complicated - suffice to say that I am not happy with things here at the moment.

Still got very sore body but managing to sleep a little bit now.

aromulus
7th November 2009, 13:17
There is another story

You know where I am...

KeithD
7th November 2009, 13:33
You know where I am...
He's psychic? :Erm:

somebody
7th November 2009, 15:22
There is another story from what happened last week. Very complicated - suffice to say that I am not happy with things here at the moment.

Still got very sore body but managing to sleep a little bit now.

Sir you should write a book I for one would purchase it:) Glad to hear your recovering with everything intact.

pennybarry
8th November 2009, 16:23
Chapter 33 1/3 I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles.

I'll draw this thread to a close now - 'cos I'm sure you're as bored as I am!

Taken in ambulance to Cebu City Hospital - Dreadful place - basically a hospital where they let people die!!
X-Rays taken - results in 3 days. 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this??????????

Are you alright now? Hope you are:doh If you think you need to have a good check up and good hospital accommodation, try St. Lukes, and Asian Hospital.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Flowers for you sir.:D It cost 25£ online:Cuckoo:
So please get well soon!:Rasp:

Alan
9th November 2009, 01:28
Are you alright now? Hope you are:doh If you think you need to have a good check up and good hospital accommodation, try St. Lukes, and Asian Hospital.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Flowers for you sir.:D It cost 25£ online:Cuckoo:
So please get well soon!:Rasp:

Thank you Penny - very kind!

KeithD
9th November 2009, 09:16
Being a bit of a tight :action-smiley-081:, I only got you these....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_up_E3Kyoa30/Sfi2dR-WgNI/AAAAAAAAAlU/9BaTi8UbtdU/s320/dead%2520flower.jpg

Alan
10th November 2009, 11:42
I managed to sleep for the first time on Friday night. Although my ribs still restricted my movement, I found a 'prone position' that I could bear without screaming too much!!!

Dressings are now off the arms and legs - should be back to normal in another few days I think.

Bike is still in a sorry state - hoping insurance will take care of that.

Oldham Athletic still in a VERY sorry state - stil causing me A LOT of pain!

As I mentioned before - I had no idea that Hanna had informed you of this incident - and when I arrived back here I was totally gobsmacked at the responses and kind thoughts you have all sent. I am not ashamed to say that I was moved to tears.

I would therefore like to personally thank:-
Dom - Ji & Ma - Boss Keith - vbkelly - Penny - Adam & Chryss - Bornatbirth - Tawi - Jay & Zobel - Whiteraven - Lady J. - Lestaxi - Liane - Sophie - James - Kimmi - Florge - Lizaphil - Belfast Dude - JimOttley - Arthur - Sim11UK - Happy Now - simplyxiao - tiN - Sean - Shelly - paulgee - Sconnie - monkeyface - September - Nigel - Fred - Aposhark and Andy.

I would also like to thank Toks for his very thoughtful phone call.

I also apologise if I have missed anyone.

Finally, I would like to thank my beautiful wife Hanna for her care, concern and love.

Sorry if this sounds like an 'Oscar' speech - it's just that I feel reciprocation is in order in this matter.

I'll finish now - got to go and put some more gunge on my cuts and bruises - still alive though - and I'm sure that you will all join me in wishing Dom a COMPLETE recovery from his terrible experience.

God bless our family!!

liane
12th November 2009, 06:37
I managed to sleep for the first time on Friday night. Although my ribs still restricted my movement, I found a 'prone position' that I could bear without screaming too much!!!

Dressings are now off the arms and legs - should be back to normal in another few days I think.

Bike is still in a sorry state - hoping insurance will take care of that.

Oldham Athletic still in a VERY sorry state - stil causing me A LOT of pain!

As I mentioned before - I had no idea that Hanna had informed you of this incident - and when I arrived back here I was totally gobsmacked at the responses and kind thoughts you have all sent. I am not ashamed to say that I was moved to tears.

I would therefore like to personally thank:-
Dom - Ji & Ma - Boss Keith - vbkelly - Penny - Adam & Chryss - Bornatbirth - Tawi - Jay & Zobel - Whiteraven - Lady J. - Lestaxi - Liane - Sophie - James - Kimmi - Florge - Lizaphil - Belfast Dude - JimOttley - Arthur - Sim11UK - Happy Now - simplyxiao - tiN - Sean - Shelly - paulgee - Sconnie - monkeyface - September - Nigel - Fred - Aposhark and Andy.

I would also like to thank Toks for his very thoughtful phone call.

I also apologise if I have missed anyone.

Finally, I would like to thank my beautiful wife Hanna for her care, concern and love.

Sorry if this sounds like an 'Oscar' speech - it's just that I feel reciprocation is in order in this matter.

I'll finish now - got to go and put some more gunge on my cuts and bruises - still alive though - and I'm sure that you will all join me in wishing Dom a COMPLETE recovery from his terrible experience.

God bless our family!!

You're very welcome Sir Allan!:):):)
Glad that you are getting better! Take care:Hellooo: