PDA

View Full Version : Naturalised Citizen.....

charlwill
30th October 2009, 19:53
Hi everyone. Just had a querry about Naturalised Citizen who got divorce and re-marry again. Does she needs to change her name on her certificate of citizenship?

Your views and opinion is highly appreciated. Thanks

darren-b
30th October 2009, 19:59
I don't think you would have to and I don't think it's even possible anyway.

charlwill
30th October 2009, 20:01
I don't think you would have to and I don't think it's even possible anyway.
Thanks for the reply. I'm only wondering if it is necessary.

James Hubbard
30th October 2009, 21:44
Hi everyone. Just had a querry about Naturalised Citizen who got divorce and re-marry again. Does she needs to change her name on her certificate of citizenship?

sorry to snoop, I was just wondering, if this is your situation? I know it's none of my business, but I just want to get to know people here.

As for your query, I don't think it really matters. She's a citizen in whatever name she chooses, and if she wants to change it, it's up to her, although, for her peace of mind, maybe she'd like to change it, and not always be reminded of her ex husband.

James.

joebloggs
30th October 2009, 21:45
no i don't think you can change the name on the cert, once its printed that's it :D

somebody
31st October 2009, 00:54
Like others i belive thats it as long as you can prove you were called that name previously and now it has changed due to change of circumstances then no problems..

vbkelly
31st October 2009, 11:05

the best to know is to phone the home office about her situation if she able to change her name into her new husband name even though she's already have a british passport.

charlwill
31st October 2009, 13:48
sorry to snoop, I was just wondering, if this is your situation? I know it's none of my business, but I just want to get to know people here.

As for your query, I don't think it really matters. She's a citizen in whatever name she chooses, and if she wants to change it, it's up to her, although, for her peace of mind, maybe she'd like to change it, and not always be reminded of her ex husband.

James.
It's ok James. No, it's not me who is asking. Just wondering if it's possible.

no i don't think you can change the name on the cert, once its printed that's it :D

Like others i belive thats it as long as you can prove you were called that name previously and now it has changed due to change of circumstances then no problems..

Thanks a lot Joe and Andy. That's what I thought.

the best to know is to phone the home office about her situation if she able to change her name into her new husband name even though she's already have a british passport.

Thanks.

joebloggs
31st October 2009, 16:46
from the guidance notes when applying for citizenship..

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE NAME, PLACE AND DATE OF BIRTH ENTERED ON THE
APPLICATION FORM WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CERTIFICATE OF NATURALISATION AND
CAN BE CHANGED ONLY IN THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES

so i doubt you would be able to get it changed at a later date, espcially when it can be changed ONLY IN THE MOST EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES