PDA

View Full Version : Cenomar

jonathan47
6th November 2009, 12:31
Hi guys does anyone know if not having a CENOMAR on a fiancee application significantly slows things down, we applied 8th october 2009 and based on the sucess stories here i was expecting we would hear this week just gone but nothing, still says processing !!
any thoughts

regards
Jonathan

Arthur Little
6th November 2009, 13:21
Hi guys does anyone know if not having a CENOMAR on a fiancee application significantly slows things down, we applied 8th october 2009 and based on the sucess stories here i was expecting we would hear this week just gone but nothing, still says processing !!
any thoughts

regards
Jonathan

:cwm24: I'm afraid it's necessary for me to point out that a CENOMAR is THE most essential document ... alongside your Certificate of No Impediment ... as proof that BOTH your fiancee and yourself are free to marry in the first place.

whiteraven
6th November 2009, 16:17
that was the first document my wife had to get and was no 1 on the list:Brick:

darren-b
6th November 2009, 18:32
:cwm24: I'm afraid it's necessary for me to point out that a CENOMAR is THE most essential document ... alongside your Certificate of No Impediment ... as proof that BOTH your fiancee and yourself are free to marry in the first place.

Arthur, I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with you again... When my wife (then my fiancee) applied for a fiancee visa we did not supply either a CENOMAR or a Certificate of No Impediment. I've just checked the requirements from the VFS site and I can't see any mention of it there now.

Arthur Little
6th November 2009, 20:35
Arthur, I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with you again... When my wife (then my fiancee) applied for a fiancee visa we did not supply either a CENOMAR or a Certificate of No Impediment. I've just checked the requirements from the VFS site and I can't see any mention of it there now.

Oh well :rolleyes: ... looks like a case of "I can't always be right - but I'm wrong again!" ... as the old saying goes. Or so it would APPEAR. But ...

... what I CAN vouch for is, having bypassed the fiancee route, and gone straight for the spousal visa, WE [my wife and I] had, FIRST and FOREMOST, to fulfill these two basic requirements - in order to comply with what is termed in the Phils as 'Legal Capacity To Marry' ...

... otherwise, why else would it have been necessary for us to incur the considerable expense involved? After all. one would've expected the documents in question to be needed in the long run ... as proof that each of the two parties was in fact free to wed ... irrespective of which of the countries "hosted" the ceremony. :doh

darren-b
6th November 2009, 21:05
Oh well :rolleyes: ... looks like a case of "I can't always be right - but I'm wrong again!" ... as the old saying goes. Or so it would APPEAR. But ...

... what I CAN vouch for is, having bypassed the fiancee route, and gone straight for the spousal visa, WE [my wife and I] had, FIRST and FOREMOST, to fulfill these two basic requirements - in order to comply with what is termed in the Phils as 'Legal Capacity To Marry' ...

... otherwise, why else would it have been necessary for us to incur the considerable expense involved? After all. one would've expected the documents in question to be needed in the long run ... as proof that each of the two parties was in fact free to wed ... irrespective of which of the countries "hosted" the ceremony. :doh

I presume the Embassy runs some checks if they require before they issue a fiancee visa. Once the fiancee visa is issued that is the equivalent of a CENOMAR, and obviously when we gave Notice of Marriage in the UK that is the equivalent of a Certificate of No Impediment. Which means you do not have to provide them as part of an application for a fiancee visa.

jonathan47
7th November 2009, 10:49
i understand further to my post that they write to NSO for the equilivant of a CENOMAR and i guess knwing the philippines this could take a considerable amount of time !!!

regards
jonathan